Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! (1378 Views)

Apostle Suleman Mobbed By Church Members After His Release From DSS Office. PICS / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
On one fateful afternoon I left my house to cut my hair, on getting to the entrance some guys there were playing in a rough manner accidentally I was hit via body contact and my phone fell down from my hand and the screen broke.
instantly the boys apologised and I gave up.. A man that was very close to there said the screen broke for a purpose that certainly God will provide a better one for me(what I don't like to hear in such scenario)
I politely reply him that I don't Believe in his theory because I don't need to believe in any imaginary God before I forgive my fellow human being. Unbelievably the man started looking me asif I am not a human being.the man said Imaginary god? I said "Yes" am I not a Christian? "Yes ", Muslim? "No" traditionalists? "No" what are you then? just a humanist. so I briefly expatiate on what I mean by that.so you don't believe in existence of God? Yes!!, why? because I have never seen a concrete evidence to believe. The man sigh and said he would disown me if it happens that I am one of is children. Really?
So I observed that the man was still looking me in an annoying way(who cares?) so I faced my business.
Due to my current mood I was unable to wait for my turn because 3 people were ahead of me to barb so I decided to go and come back.
On getting there, Only one person remained so I have to wait. While waiting the same man walk up to me and angrily told me that if I don't want god to punish me even down to my offspring I shouldn't utter such statement again I replied him by saying he should keep that intimidating speech for is fellow religious folks. The man got more angry and raised an alarm by calling the passers-by to come and see the person that said God does not exist, at the arrival of those people I felt so embarrassed, and they started calling me all sorts of wicked name including a fool, not that only I was also bombard with numerous expected questions like:
who brought you to this earth? I answered them by saying "I was not brought but I was given birth" another question If I die where am I going? I honourably answer them by saying" I will go back to where I was before birth" which place? I don't know!! beside, why is it necessary to know where am going when I don't know where I came from? And some other ridiculous questions are: what is responsible for rainfall?
Why is there day and night?
How did I grew up to this my current stage?
Who created the heaven and earth?etc.
What surprised me most was when the shop owner chase me out of his shop branding me as a satanic weapon (meanwhile I don't even believe in existence of satan too)
After all these mess I became angry too and I told them that all what they are doing or saying is really abnormal and they shouldn't take it personal, because everyone has freedom of belief and expression they should also leave me for their god to judge and face the consequences of my statement, therefore all what they are doing is irrelevant.At the time of speaking a street guy even holding cigarette ,heard about this to my surprise he took it to the next level by coming up with an action to engage in physical combat with me,also hearing a voice from afar, deal with that guy, teach him a lesson!! Who is his father?Now I need no pessimist to tell me am in trouble imagine only me at the midpoint of those religious fanatics. To cut the story short when I discovered they've started showing excessive grievance I stylishly and shamefully work away from the area to avoid further problems.
Due to the awful experience have decided not to share my thought(as far as Nigeria is concern) openly, to avoid being hurt or stigmatised. Hmmmmm Nigerians are extremely religious not a home for philosophical minded. A victims advices!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by marsoden: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
.....and then you woke up to discover that it was all a dream... smiley
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
marsoden:
.....and then you woke up to discover that it was all a dream... smiley
not a dream it's what really happened
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hahaha good for you! And to think all for some imaginary being you were almost mobbed!

So u neither blv in God nor satan, neither here nor there Oya clap for yourself!!! Keep believing in nothingness, I wish you luck!!!

P:S-. You have been given this one life to seek the truth, so really look for the truth it's out there somewhere but to believe in nothing that's a serious joke!!!
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Your belief Your headache...
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by H2Ossss(m): 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
u no biliv in satan abiiiii.... oya go benin ring road for night, look in between ya legzzz... u go understand... hahahaha... infact e remain mke dem carry ur pinshure go meet that babalawo... u go knw say na satan power him dey use.
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Tosinex:
Your belief Your headache...

Same to u grin grin
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
H2Ossss:
u no biliv in satan abiiiii.... oya go benin ring road for night, look in between ya legzzz... u go understand... hahahaha... infact e remain mke dem carry ur pinshure go meet that babalawo... u go knw say na satan power him dey use.
so you mean I will see satan, live!! In ring road have you seen such entity before?
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:
Hahaha good for you! And to think all for some imaginary being you were almost mobbed!

So u neither blv in God nor satan, neither here nor there Oya clap for yourself!!! Keep believing in nothingness, I wish you luck!!!

P:S-. You have been given this one life to seek the truth, so really look for the truth it's out there somewhere but to believe in nothing that's a serious joke!!!
so just because my belief was not on their radar that should not warrant stigmatisation
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by wirinet(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

So because he neither believes in God nor Satan, he should be mobbed and killed?
How does his believing in nothingness or somethingness affect your life?

Last, time i checked freedom of religious beliefs or non belief is a fundamental human right.

No difference between the people that almost mobbed the OP, this commentator (dazzle101) and Boko Haram or ISIS.
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
wirinet:

So because he neither believes in God nor Satan, he should be mobbed and killed?

Last, time i checked freedom of religious beliefs or non belief is a fundamental human right.

No difference between the people that almost mobbed the OP, this commentator (dazzle101) and Boko Haram or ISIS.

Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
oyewolestephen:
so just because my belief was not on their radar that should not warrant stigmatisation

If you don't believe in anything that's no problem @all! But that everyone was against you should give u cause for concern especially when you thought u were obviously in the right!

OP, I don't think it's right for anyone to do you harm for what you believe in, happy now
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
wirinet:

Hahahahaha boko haram, isis, alqueeeda or howeva it's spelt! U didn't even understand the basis for the post rather than ask for clarity you take d stance of zeus...

Now, whether you understand my post or not I'm not here to make you! So if God doesn't exist, why did his belief seem outrageous to just about everyone who heard him speak!

Please take a long shot, I'm not big on who believes in what or not, you all have a right of choice and it's all up to you, now that's my take!!!

So don't bother me no more!
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
oyewolestephen:
yeah i know its not easy to believe in what we cant see. Just be open-minded. We're all in search of the truth smiley

happy sunday.
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by HardMirror(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
oyewolestephen:
On one fateful afternoon I left my house to cut my hair, on getting to the entrance some guys there were playing in a rough manner accidentally I was hit via body contact and my phone fell down from my hand and the screen broke.
instantly the boys apologised and I gave up.. A man that was very close to there said the screen broke for a purpose that certainly God will provide a better one for me(what I don't like to hear in such scenario)
I politely reply him that I don't Believe in his theory because I don't need to believe in any imaginary God before I forgive my fellow human being. Unbelievably the man started looking me asif I am not a human being.the man said Imaginary god? I said "Yes" am I not a Christian? "Yes ", Muslim? "No" traditionalists? "No" what are you then? just a humanist. so I briefly expatiate on what I mean by that.so you don't believe in existence of God? Yes because I have never seen a concrete evidence to believe. The man sigh and said he would disown me if you are one of my children. Really?
So I observed that the man was still looking me in an annoying way(who cares?) so I faced my business.
Due to my current mood I was unable to wait for my turn because 3 people were ahead of me to barb so I decided to go and come back.
On getting there, Only one person remained so I have to wait. While waiting the same man walk up to me and angrily told me that if I don't want god to punish me even down to my offspring I shouldn't utter such statement again I replied him by saying he should keep that intimidating speech for is fellow religious folks. The man got more angry and raise an alarm by calling the passers-by to come and see the person that said God does not exist, at the arrival of those people I felt so embarrassed, and they started calling me all sorts of wicked name including a fool, not that only I was also bombard with numerous expected questions like:
who brought you to this earth? I answered them by saying "I was not brought but I was given birth" another question If I die where am I going? I honourably answer them by saying" I will go back to where I was before birth" which place? I don't know!! beside, why is it necessary to know where am going when I don't know where I came from? And some other ridiculous questions are: what is responsible for rainfall?
What surprised me most was when the shop owner chase me out of his shop branding me as a satanic weapon (meanwhile I don't even believe in existence of satan too)
After all these I became angry too and I told them that all what they are doing or saying is really abnormal and they shouldn't take it personal, because everyone has freedom of expression they should also leave me for their god, to face the consequences of my statement, so all what they are doing is irrelevant.At the time of speaking a street guy even holding cigarette ,heard about this to my surprise he took it to the next level by coming up with an action to engage in physical combat with me, imagine only me at the midpoint of those religious fanatics. To cut the story short when I discovered they've started showing excessive grievance I stylishly work away from the area to avoid further problems.
As a result of what happened have decided not to share my thought openly to avoid being stigmatised. Hmmmmm Nigerians are so religious
You FU.KEd up big time! Do you know how dum.b people are and you have the audacity to be explaining atheism to illiterates?
No no no! You messed up big time! What were u thinking?
When people pray I say amen even when I don't believe shiiiiit.
Smh. You should have been mobbed then next time you will know how to talk in public. Seems you have no use of your life.
Wait.. Wait, what were you trying to achieve with the explanations you were making? Damn! You lucky they did not mob you.

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by HardMirror(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

I pity you
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

You FU.KEd up big time! Do you know how dum.b people are and you have the audacity to be explaining atheism to illiterates?
Smh. You should have been mobbed then next time you will know how to talk in public. Seems you have no use of your life.
Wait.. Wait, what were you trying to achieve with the explanations you were making? Damn! You lucky they did not mob you.
it was what happened to my phone that prompted the argument. Even most time I do discreet my belief
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

I pity you

Pity yourself Mr Atheist!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by wirinet(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

Hahahahaha boko haram, isis, alqueeeda or howeva it's spelt! U didn't even understand the basis for the post rather than ask for clarity you take d stance of zeus...

Now, whether you understand my post or not I'm not here to make you! So if God doesn't exist, why did his belief seem outrageous to just about everyone who heard him speak!

Please take a long shot, I'm not big on who believes in what or not, you all have a right of choice and it's all up to you, now that's my take!!!

So don't bother me no more!

Why don't you do us a favour and explain the basis of the post. The OP said he was almost lynched for expressing his non belief in God and you say i do not understand the basis of the post.
His beliefs seem outrageous to everyone who heard him speak just like your religious belief would seem outrageous in an ISIS dominated crowd, the same way Hindu beliefs would appear outrageous to a christian dominated crowd and the same way the belief that God begot a son who is in fact himself seem outrageous to a Muslim dominated crowd. The fact that a certain belief seem outrageous to a particular crowd does not justify hatred and intolerance, that is the very definition of fanaticism.

You lie when you say you are not big on who believes in what. You exhibit hatred for Muslims, Pagans, Hindus and especially atheists. I am sure you you think converting them to your religion or eliminating them altogether would be a religious obligation.
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
wirinet:

Why don't you do us a favour and explain the basis of the post. The OP said he was almost lynched for expressing his non belief in God and you say i do not understand the basis of the post.
His beliefs seem outrageous to everyone who heard him speak just like your religious belief would seem outrageous in an ISIS dominated crowd, the same way Hindu beliefs would appear outrageous to a christian dominated crowd and the same way the belief that God begot a son who is in fact himself seem outrageous to a Muslim dominated crowd. The fact that a certain belief seem outrageous to a particular crowd does not justify hatred and intolerance, that is the very definition of fanaticism.

You lie when you say you are not big on who believes in what. You exhibit hatred for Muslims, Pagans, Hindus and especially atheists. I am sure you you think converting them to your religion or eliminating them altogether would be a religious obligation.
you really understand what I pass through if not because I quickly spoke to my leg the people were ready to harm me. And my personality does not affect theirs
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by oyewolestephen(m): 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
juhan:
yeah i know its not easy to believe in what we cant see. Just be open-minded. We're all in search of the truth smiley

happy sunday.
you are welcome
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by analice107: 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

I pity you
You are the one to be pitied. You are doomed, but you don't know it. Wait!!!!, you do.
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by HardMirror(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
analice107:

You are the one to be pitied. You are doomed, but you don't know it. Wait!!!!, you do.
Ehya. Sorry
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
wirinet:

Bla bla bla!!!
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by analice107: 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:
Ehya. Sorry
Ooo
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Akious2k2(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
oyewolestephen:
I politely reply him that I don't Believe in his theory because I don't need to believe in any imaginary God before I forgive my fellow human being. Unbelievably the man started looking me asif I am not a human being.the man said Imaginary god? I said "Yes" am I not a Christian? "Yes ", Muslim? "No" traditionalists? "No" what are you then? just a humanist. so I briefly expatiate on what I mean by that.so you don't believe in existence of God? Yes because I have never seen a concrete evidence to believe. The man sigh and said he would disown me if you are one of my children. Really?
On getting there, Only one person remained so I have to wait. While waiting the same man walk up to me and angrily told me that if I don't want god to punish me even down to my offspring I shouldn't utter such statement again I replied him by saying he should keep that intimidating speech for is fellow religious folks. The man got more angry and raise an alarm by calling the passers-by to come and see the person that said God does not exist, at the arrival of those people I felt so embarrassed, and they started calling me all sorts of wicked name including a fool, not that only I was also bombard with numerous expected questions like:
After all these I became angry too and I told them that all what they are doing or saying is really abnormal and they shouldn't take it personal, because everyone has freedom of expression they should also leave me for their god, to face the consequences of my statement, so all what they are doing is irrelevant.At the time of speaking a street guy even holding cigarette ,heard about this to my surprise he took it to the next level by coming up with an action to engage in physical combat with me, imagine only me at the midpoint of those religious fanatics. To cut the story short when I discovered they've started showing excessive grievance I stylishly work away from the area to avoid further problems.
As a result of what happened have decided not to share my thought openly to avoid being stigmatised. Hmmmmm Nigerians are so religious
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Nearly Got Mobbed Because Of My Belief!!! by Akious2k2(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

Dis is crazy... Y mob an innocent person because of belief... I don't think there's anything wrong in explaining himself, after all every1 is entitled 2 his belief... Pple can be very funny... D worst should be 4 dem 2 present there religion 2 u & not enforce it on u... Laa Iqra fii Deen - There is not Compulsion in Faith

(1) (Reply)

The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary And The Revelation Of Three Circles / No Pastor Should Cross These 5 Sexual Lines With Women At Their Church! / The Atheists Delusion; The Movie Which Have Got Atheists Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.