Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? (3492 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by tiptess(f): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2009
Since the very first edition of the Guilder Ultimate search, a man has always won the title and most often than not, the last girl standing usually gets evicted either a day before like yesterday or on the day of the final search. If she can beat men to the last stage, why is it that she usually is d last to be evicted before the final search?
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by twinstaiye(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2009
The point you raised clearly shows that the Reality show is a sham. I mean I wonder how some people like to play on Nigerians Intelligence. one or two times could be a coincidence, but 6 times in a row, is not a coincidence. And in every reality show, it is either there are Judges with faces and with known personality who are speciality in the field of the reality show, or rather, the masses are given the right to choose winners and losers. But in GUS, reverse is the case, we are often told of some faceless council of elders, who to me are the one directing the 'drama' they call reality show.
And mark my words, the winner today will certainly be the one that came last to the point of the treasure, like always. It is high time that the federal government parastatals in charge of reality shows should do something, enough of this rip off.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by tboss2(m): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
tiptess:

Since the very first edition of the Guilder Ultimate search, a man has always won the title and most often than not, the last girl standing usually gets evicted either a day before like yesterday or on the day of the final search. If she can beat men to the last stage, why is it that she usually is d last to be evicted before the final search?

Leave story!

Clearly, the last girl standing had a chance to go all the way to the end by picking the 2nd key from the tree (remember Uche got the number 2 label not the key). The 2nd and 3rd keys were on the tree trunk but she went for the 3rd key while Uche who beliefed the 2nd key was in the bushes pick the key after her.
I think it has nothing to do with organizers but that the ladies had a mind set too be the last girl stand not the winner of the show.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by mayrho(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
I feel its a sham and all stage managed don't believe the show
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by utotomi10(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
THe answer is NOOOOO!!!!!!!! (Atleast not in Nigeria!)
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by uglyBetty1(f): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ poster, please have you been watching the GUS, it not sham, the ladies tried their best, if not for luck, Uche would have been the one to go out, may be Chisom and Melvin would have looked for the Horn of Valour or whatever. But God made Uche to get there before Chisom.

It is not and never stage managed.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by MUZBO(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Though we know that GUS is stage-managed but one of my friends used to say: oo le se ju opòlo è lò meaning : you no fit do pass wetin your brain allow you. GUS to me is mainly about endurance and the male will always be superior under natural conditions. If na brain too, males will think faster than females on the field under natural conditions because they would most likely have spent more time on the field than females. Girls don't crucify me yet, . . .wha tha heck- y'all can go ahead but make sure you also crucify the US Navy SEALs for not allowing females to join. No be beans o!
Anyway, if it will make anyone happy, a female will win one day, but thats when all contestants are females or they'd pay the guys to loose or. . .(I rest for now)
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by harmeenut: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
Just as a man cannot win KOKO MANSION grincheesy
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by 3kay945(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
its a damn sham!.,loadin,
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by winas(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
Gulder ultimate sarch is not for ladies. i don't think a lady will ever win, sad
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by ekoair(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
not in this millenium
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by azeezbaba(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
GUS is a SHAM like so many other So-Called Reality TV SHOW. The Nigerian Government should wake up and do something about it.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by infocaster: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
For me i dont think females are that dull and weak. there would always be an exceptional one. Afterall they've beat the guys to it a cuople of times.

I feel GUS is about logical and enduring abilities.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by naso2(m): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
The show is about picking the best of the contestants in a show of strength/brains with more emphasy on strength and resilience. If it were just a random pick of 10 contestants then chances of getting a lady being the best would have been higher, but now the five male contestants are tested physically . Has anyone asked why the 100meters record for men is 9.69 seconds ( to be broken soon ) and that of women 10.48 (since 1988 and to remain for a long time)?

Psychologically men put in more effort if it is a show of strength and a lady is involved than in a man to man show. Male pride as some call it.

Secondly from the commercial/brand perpective which is key here, It will not make business sense if a lady wins . So wetin we go call the woman? "altimate woman conqueror of the forest"?. I know say some people go shout now
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by nickybayo(f): 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
i stopped watching it d moment seun lost d race
how can that PERSON win it

now i just hate d show.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by toideve(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
the show is a success I'll say Well done to the organizers, everybody knows that a woman's strength can never be compared to that of a man only in rare cases which I'm yet to see, a woman will always be a woman. I don't see a woman winning it as far as physical strength is involved. I particularly like the idea of having a special prize for the last woman standing which is just cool by me, Ultimate Search is the bomb!
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by Obotte(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
@the show is a success I'll say Well done to the organizers, everybody knows that a woman's strength can never be compared to that of a man only in rare cases which I'm yet to see, a woman will always be a woman. I don't see a woman winning it as far as physical strength is involved. I particularly like the idea of having a special prize for the last woman standing which is just cool by me, Ultimate Search is the bomb!

GOOD TALK.

@post
The search is about logic and endurance, a woman can and will win it some day when they realize that "IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER". Take for an example the GUS V on the last day of the show Lynda was the 1st to run to meet BOB, but as soon as she saw him she relax and the guys came and passed her and BOb gave the two slot left to the guys that meet him, the point is she was there before them but just relaxed. Men I was so annoyed because I supported her from the very start and she disappointed me. So a woman will win it some day I believe women have the strength and ability but just need more training in endurance.

Take Chisom case, she has the time and the ability to challenge Uche but she just relaxed. I think the whole thing lies on the women themselves to me more enduring and serious. THE SHOW IS NOT SCAM.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by zugoboss(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
Uche is the winner!!
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by chyk91(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
it will be very hard 4 a woman to win the ultimate search
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by agoshofin(m): 1:08am On Aug 08, 2009
Don't think so yet! she gotta ve da liver to do so,  undecided
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by damola1: 2:50am On Aug 08, 2009
There are lots of 9ja she who got liver, gulder is just lazy or don't want them,
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by whiteroses(f): 2:56am On Aug 08, 2009
yes when i become a contenstant  grin but i'm sceptic cos i'm a flirt and how will i concentrate among all those sexy hot muscled handsome niggas they bring on the show yearly ahhhhh [i done faint]  grin
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by jeffoski(m): 3:33am On Aug 08, 2009
Reality shows in Nigeria are wack.we copy from the foriegn country but yet still fumble.A lady can never win the Gulder Ultimate search unless they either do a female version where all the contestant will be girls or they organize it in way that will favour everyone.Check out Survivor on Dstv is so much fun and you can never tell if it's a lady or a guy that will win.I noticed it too that in Gulder ultimate search is not only ladies that don't win even the strongest guys too.only the weaklings and not too strong wins.the concept is so poor and dry and this years own is even worse.Even when they select contestant i find it hard to belive that out of thousands you come up with guys and girls that are never too strong and always having the same concept from the beginning.And is it me or are majority of the winners from the east i mean the Igbos well thats Nigeria for you.

Congrats to Uche
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by Pimples(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2009
Ultimate search,
Ultimate 419
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by blueteeth: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2009
never!!
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by stanley23(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2009
Am stanle,yes female can win it only when 2 or3 female remain unevicted at d final stage of it.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by dominique(f): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2009
At times i wonder why women opt to enter the show when it is clear that she will be  booted out before the finals. a lady can only win it if the tasks are less physically challenging.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by porka: 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
t-boss:

Leave story!

Clearly, the last girl standing had a chance to go all the way to the end by picking the 2nd key from the tree (remember Uche got the number 2 label not the key). The 2nd and 3rd keys were on the tree trunk but she went for the 3rd key while Uche who beliefed the 2nd key was in the bushes pick the key after her.
I think it has nothing to do with organizers but that the ladies had a mind set too be the last girl stand not the winner of the show.

NO! The instruction was to pick the keys labelled 1, 2, 3, according to how they arrived i.e. the 1st person picks key 1, the second person key 2 and the third person to arrive picks key 3. So she wa pretty much in line. But I agree with you that her major aim of entering that house was not to win but to be the last girl standing. She indeed had an issue with the other babe just because of that. That's mediocrity in my view.

The emphasis on physical tasks puts any lady at a disadvantage especially where men too are participant. Imagine having to carry that type of heavy log up the hill with guys.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by timmfikk(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
I doubt it, but like a poster said earlier if the tasks don't count on running after 4 pple's left i guess maybe one can squeeze to be winner after 5 winning males
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
If Obama can win an election in america why not. Though it's going to be difficult. Guiness knew this fact that's why there's a price for the last girl standing.
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by 3kay945(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2009
UCHE won, so?!!! angry
Re: Can A Lady Ever Win The Guilder Ultimate Search? by bootycall(f): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2009
I dont think a lady can win the ultimate search.It might not be good for biz for Guiness.
Gulder is not a female drink,they cant use an Ultimate woman for their adverts and If they ever try it,some ppl might begin to see Gulder as a womans drink.
Am not too happy Uche won it,methinks he does not deserve it,anyway,its his luck but he does not deserve it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Gunjan Saxena : The Kargil Girl (2020) - Bollywood / Deleted / Funke Akindele Stars In Omo Ghetto 2 [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.