Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Question For The Catholic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Catholic (381 Views)

Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Catholic by Benikuuse(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Iam not criticizing the catholic but just want clearance on some certain catholic behaviors.
1. Here in benue and where i stay precisely, when someone dies you will be given 7 days to bury your dead. And if you want to add more days you will have to buy cement each day on the number of days you will like to be added to the seven days given to you, or the reverend father won't come.
2. You have to put the dead in the church on the day of wake keep, they don't care whether your house is 2 kilometres away.
Re: Question For The Catholic by TheLegal(m): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
this isn't of General application . in fact it is peculiar to your parish. I believe your parish priest has a reason for that rule.
Re: Question For The Catholic by bennygreat1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Never heard of this before!!! Should be just that parish alone..

Try and take note of other parish too.. U see is not same.. if same... then peculiar to your state..

Cheers!!!
Re: Question For The Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
I know the catholic church discourages keeping a corpse for long before burial but the story above is peculiar to ur parish.
Re: Question For The Catholic by Syncan(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
Benikuuse:
Iam not criticizing the catholic but just want clearance on some certain catholic behaviors.
1. Here in benue and where i stay precisely, when someone dies you will be given 7 days to bury your dead. And if you want to add more days you will have to buy cement each day on the number of days you will like to be added to the seven days given to you, or the reverend father won't come.
2. You have to put the dead in the church on the day of wake keep, they don't care whether your house is 2 kilometres away.

1. The church tries to discourage keeping the dead for a long time before burial. Among other reasons, the Local Church tries to discourage the unnecessary expenses incurred in extravagant burial preparation and ceremonies. The buying of cement to get a postponement is particular to your parish, but I think the priest...and the parish council...in trying to be flexible, for those who don't mind spending extra money on burials, wants to get some of those extra monies for church building development too.

2. The dead was attending the church from that distance when alive na, so getting the corpse there no suppose worry na. However there need to be a tete a tete with the priest, Mass could be done at home, except when there is a peculiar situation in that parish or diocese.

(1) (Reply)

The Backward Church Or Backsliding Church? / Christians Are Wicked / Photos From Today's Sunday Service -sermon By Babalawo Familusi Awolola Damilare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.