Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? (10133 Views)

Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by chiejik(f): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
please is it true that pounded yam makes one fat.im found of it.
can anyone advise.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Gabry(f): 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yes. cause its carbohydrate means its starchy. When it dissolves in your system, it will turn to sugar and sugar will turn to fat. Thats how u will get bloatation if you eat too much of it. Its like Pumpkin, Potato, Rice. . .
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by chiejik(f): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
seriose
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yes--confirmed, and make person get big stomach with one pack tongue
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
One pack.
LOL.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
It creates a 'signature look', just checkout half the men in nigeria, the guy you thought was pregnant? Nah, that was the pounded yam grin
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
ibkaye:

It creates a 'signature look', just checkout half the men in nigeria, the guy you thought was pregnant? Nah, that was the pounded yam grin

U mean they all have one packs instead of 6 packs
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

U mean they all have one packs instead of 6 packs
If that's what you call it cheesy
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
ibkaye:

If that's what you call it cheesy

yaaaaaaapppppp
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Leilah(f): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
That stuff is seriously great I love that stuff esp that ola ola one.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2009
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss, . . .esp the processed kind we have here embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2009
Depends on the person's metabolism.

I know mannnnnnnny peeps who eat iyan more than twice a week and they still look fit.

Eating and going off to sleep na another problem o

ibkaye:

rotflmao. enu e ko ni koba e grin
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by mamagee6(f): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2009
Yes, it also makes one have pot belly. grin grin
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 18, 2009
yes its true.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
,mama-gee:

Yes, it also makes one have pot belly. grin grin

Pls, dont insult them now, they dont have pot belly, they only have one pack. tongue
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by chiejik(f): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
thank you all for contributing rely i apprciate
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by oyinda3(f): 4:21am On Aug 21, 2009
yes of course. the more u eat the bigger ur tummy gets
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2009
oyinda.:

yes of course. the more u eat the bigger your tummy gets

Eat and work it out
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Basildon1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
Totally true but i reckon if you eat a bit , not the type that makes you want to fall asleep afterwards then you should be ok. Night time pounded yam is a NO NO!!
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2009
Basildon1:

Totally true but i reckon if you eat a bit , not the type that makes you want to fall asleep afterwards then you should be ok. Night time pounded yam is a NO NO!!

No matter how small, if u cant work it out, u will get "1 pack" tommy
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by mamagee6(f): 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Eat and work it out

In Nigeria it's work it out and eat. grin grin
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by oyinda3(f): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Eat and work it out

lol
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
,mama-gee:

In Nigeria it's work it out and eat. grin grin

As long as work out happen somewhere, that is all that matters
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by posakosa(m): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
Yup. It does not just make one fat, it also accelerates diabetes, <i think> undecided undecided
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
posakosa:

Yup. It does not just make one fat, it also accelerates diabetes, <i think> undecided undecided

i am sure that is all cos of the sweats
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
yes, unfortunately, what you love to eat can kill you.

Pounded/poundo yam is very dangerous if not eaten in moderation. I rarely eat it so much now for this very reason.

Of course if you're a construction worker or in some other kind of job that requires heavy exertion, then you have less of a problem.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by posakosa(m): 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am sure that is all cos of the sweats

oni wahala ni babe /<bobo> yi sha tongue
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by jalether(m): 12:47am On Aug 29, 2009
I am eating pounded yam as we speak grin, nothing dey happen
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Atreus(f): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2009
Pls,dont y'all know potbellies are sexy? As for me,i try not to eat it for dinner. A regular schedule of exercisd helps.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
posakosa:

oni wahala ni babe /<bobo> yi sha tongue

Lol
jalether:

I am eating pounded yam as we speak grin, nothing dey happen

You will soon have a one pack big belle.
Atreus:

Pls,dont y'all know potbellies are sexy? As for me,i try not to eat it for dinner. A regular schedule of exercisd helps.

Sexy my a$$
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by CrazyMan(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2009
It's not true,.
Re: Is It True That Pounded Yam Makes One So Fat? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2009
crazykid:

It's not true,.

More than true oh.
try it over and over for weeks and you will see how big belle go happen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Yam / Cost Of Cooking Gas With The Cylinder ( Urgent Pls!!!) / How Good Is Bruhm Freezer Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.