Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (55220 Views)

Poll: Who do you think is the King of Naija Swallow?

Eba: 19% (11 votes)
Akpu (Fufu): 17% (10 votes)
Amala: 8% (5 votes)
Pounded yam: 53% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by infobox: 12:30am On May 18, 2009
There's this craze about the king of naija swallow, but me thinks it's akpu. Love it any day and can eat it anytime. It's one meal that can sustain you for 12hrs. Can you beat that?
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by AloyEmeka9: 8:40am On May 18, 2009
You asked for who?. Is akpu the name of a person?
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by bsanya(f): 11:20am On May 18, 2009
POUNDED YAM! POUNDED YAM!! POUNDEDE YAM!!!
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by dominique(f): 6:51pm On May 18, 2009
infobox:

There's this craze about the king of naija swallow, but me thinks it's akpu. Love it any day and can eat it anytime. It's one meal that can sustain you for 12hrs. Can you beat that?

ewwww tongue, thats the food for construction workers tongue tongue. for me its plantain foo foo anytime wink
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by C2H5OH(f): 6:54pm On May 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

You asked for who?. Is akpu the name of a person?
Qlol
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by MrCrackles(m): 6:54pm On May 18, 2009
Topic

It has to be EBA

Some peeps are so poor they cant afford Pounded Yam

Garri is getting expensive now, i was told and with the way things are going, SAWDUST might be the next king of swallow!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by chrisical(m): 7:39pm On May 18, 2009
Eba for sure
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by kayc33(m): 8:34pm On May 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

It has to be EBA

Some peeps are so poor they cant afford Pounded Yam

Garri is getting expensive now, i was told and with the way things are going, SAWDUST might be the next king of swallow!

lol cheesy
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by dominique(f): 8:50pm On May 18, 2009
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy even sawdust is aint gonna go for free
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by MrCrackles(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2009
dominique:

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy even sawdust is aint gonna go for free

Ah oh well! grin
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by infobox: 11:48pm On May 18, 2009
Well, I think Akpu or fufu as it is also called is alot much better than other swallow. Even if the price of eba increases, it still remains the same. And for the record, it's not a labourers food. It's also for all and sundry. Give it a try and you'll be hooked.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by SeanT21(f): 6:00am On May 19, 2009
Akpu aka FUFU.Is the only 1 am familiar with!!
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by infobox: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2009
I guess no one in the house is interested in Amala. Though Pounded yam is taking the lead but I reckon others would brace up.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by C2H5OH(f): 12:08am On Jun 02, 2009
Eba Iyan Amala no particular oda
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by ifyalways(f): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2009
Amala,Only if i can prepare it so for now Eba.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by C2H5OH(f): 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
Which kain amola grin amola dudu.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by ifyalways(f): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2009
Yep,amala dudu.have tired on diffrent occasions to make it but it always come out bad and never smooth.I have it only when my Yoruba aunts ara round to help me make it.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by C2H5OH(f): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
i heard it's better if you stir it on fire. sure the pot will get all sticky, but it comes out dark and tasty lol.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
have tried every method,it just turned out not smooth enough as i want.lol
For now,i make do with eba,Amala remains a treat. wink
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by TOYOSI20(f): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
Its a tie between pounded yam and fufu. . .but my does fufu stink!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Pepeye(f): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
Btw amala and pounded yam depends on the soup tho
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by TOYOSI20(f): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2009
more cheesy

Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by ifyalways(f): 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
Toyo that is ghana's fufu ooo not 9ja own cheesy they pound and turn at same time plus the style of preparation and stuffs used are not same as the 9ja fufu(akup)
Ghanaians fufu is made with unripe plantain and raw cassava.Boiled together till its soft then pound.One person pounds,the other person turns. . . .quiet tedious cheesy
BTW that Egusi needs some bitterleaf. cheesy cheesy cheesy it looks so plain and dry.rofl
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by TOYOSI20(f): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
OOhhhh, . . i see. . . .LOL!!, . . must be sweet then cos of the plantain, haven't tried it yet though. . . cheesy

The pounding process must be strenuous Na wah oo. . . shocked shocked

and Yeah that egusi soup need some more color for real. . . . grin grin
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by infobox: 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hmmm. It seem that Eba is leading the pack.
TOYOSI20:

Its a tie between pounded yam and fufu. . .but my does fufu stink!! shocked shocked shocked
9ja fufu doesn't stink and besides, it's an all rounder. No wonder it called 6-6. One dose of it in the moring and you're filled for the day. That's the only 9ja ling of swallow I know has got alot of name os of it's unique attributes.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by dyabman(m): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2009
Pounded Yam Da best!!

Amala simple to swallow

Eba very friendly,
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Badriyyah(f): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2009
Pounded yam!!!!!!
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by DoubleN(m): 2:50am On Jun 06, 2009
Pounded Yam of course!Fufu is too smelly and Amala Damm too Ugly.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by iniguy(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2009
King of Nigerian swallow is garri, closely followed by fufu, pounded yam leads the rear pack. pounded yam
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by snthesis(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2010
as a proper Edo man - nothing beats my pounded yam with correct ogbono soup.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by snthesis(m): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2010
as a proper Edo man - nothing beats my pounded yam with correct ogbono soup.
Re: Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. by Hauwa1: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
not fair, Tuwo wasnt on the list.
cry cry cry
wow to that white egusi soup up there!  grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Meals Twitter User Made With Less Than 3k!!! / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) / Delicious Or Detestable? See How Frogs Are Prepared In Benue (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.