Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,057 members, 7,953,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Overcome Helplessness By Trusting God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcome Helplessness By Trusting God (293 Views)

How To Totally Overcome Spirit Wife & Husband. / Trusting God In Your Drought Season / How To Get Out Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcome Helplessness By Trusting God by yommyuk: 7:05am On Apr 25, 2016
Life is like an adventure, where we may feel trapped and helpless with no way to escape. Prayer requests for physical and spiritual rescue becomes our only option. It is times like this we reflect on how Jesus Christ delivered us from the power and consequences of sin. He understands whatever we are going through.

Psalm 50:15 says, “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honour Me.”

Start this week by admitting your helplessness to the Lord and to yourself. Confess any fears, unbelief, or self-reliance that you might detect in your life. Surrender all further attempts at change that are done apart from the heavenly Father. Then turn your gaze toward Him. Think about His relationship with you, who He is, and what He desires. Let the Holy Spirit fill your spirit with the truth of God’s Word. Meditate on it. Commit yourself to following His way. Then trust God, and wait on Him to change you from the inside out. He has the power to replace helpless feeling with a feeling of joy and peace.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thank You God / Belief, Is On You! / Practicality Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.