Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s (916 Views)

How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps / Do's And Dont Of Importation / How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s by lumideezle(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
OK you have been hearing about shares and stocks for a while now, the famous "Dont eat away your future slogan", the TV adverts,Radio jingules, all the noise about securing your future, bla bla bla, bt you still do not fully understand how exactly to go about it, You re not alone in this "ignorance" permit me to call it that (no offence intended) , but honestly, many Nigerians do not fully understand the concept of shares and why they need to buy them? how to buy them? how to sell? how do i get my money back? i am going to put the house through the Rudiments of the market in a lame mans language "as much as i can " Enugh story lets get down to business

WETIN BE SHARE SEF?
A share is a unit of ownership of a company which enables the owner some rights and benefits. that is to say if 10men contribute to start a company eg a bank,with each of them contributing 10k, the total would be 100 thousand naira, the shares of the company if valued at 1 naira each can b divided into 10 and each man would have 10,000 units. koko of the story is, when u buy shares from a company you are automatically a part owner of the company

WYH SHOULD I BUY SHARES?

Aside the obvious pride that comes from you being able to say i am a part owner of that company,other financial gains are inherent, it works like this, the more sucessfull or profit your company can gather, the more valuable your units become (remember the company uses your money for business which they are expected to make profit from)
there are so many others bt i dont want to bore you any futher with the details

SO we don extablish say shares good abi? nw lets move to how to buy shares

WE go talk about that one next week in class, post any questions or comments here , XoxO ,
Re: Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2009
kolo mata
Re: Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s by waleluv1(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2009
As an investor you have your money in a place where it makes more money for
you

1, either you are working or not

2, while you still keep your primary income source

It's wise to leverage on investment because in life, there is no security only
opportunity,

the money you earn today might seize 2morow, spend wisely, but most importantly, consider investing today (reach me on waleluv1yahoo.com 4 more gist)

Thanks
Re: Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s by atilla(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2009
My advice is that investors should not just trust what their investment adviser says. U owe it to yourself to actually read, analyse and understand before you make any decision to invest in stocks. You will not just give your money to anyone that says they are doing business and can make money so why just give your money to someone and you have no understanding of what they are putting your money into.

Take your time out to understand how to analyse shares, read up on the companes, check current news on the company and their history (share price/bonus/dividend) and then buy according to your investment goal (short term/long term)
Re: Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s by waleluv1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
atilla,

are you an investor? if yes i would like to be your friend so we can both

analyse company's stocks together to enhance our investment decisions. Thanks

To be a successful investor you need

1, money

2, investment education

3, good information

anybody putting his money into the stock-market without this 'three' migth be
likened to a gambler, and everybody knows that the probability of making money
as a gambler is half. A gambler simply  trust his fate on luck which does not work every time, that's why they end up losing all they suffered to gather.

Pls, choose to be wise!

(1) (Reply)

Is 100% Return On Investment Small Or Big Per Year? / Become A Wine Distributor For Leading Israeli Wineries / Cement Distributorship Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.