Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats (34819 Views)

5 Artistes Who Chose To Do Music Even Though Their Parents Were Billionaires!! / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / 5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB Jezreel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by boykiss99(m): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
mary2014:
The music industry is known for plagiarism which weirdly has become like an acceptable thing amongst artiste.

But, even as acceptable as it has become, a lot of those whose songs are stolen, in a way get little or nothing out of this while some get like a minute or highest 30 minutes fame out of it.

Now, this trend is no stranger to even the biggest shot caller in the game as the reigning kings of the music industry tops this list

Today, we will be discussing five artistes who copied/stole some one or two of their hit songs/materials from upcoming/top artistes in the industry

Now, before we get right into the post, please note that this is in no way a hate post, as I personally love all the artistes on the list. So, if you feel your fingers are itching so much you need to type a rude comment, kindly place them on your severely cracked wall, distorted kitchen sink or any barb wired fence.

tuface_idibia_2

Tuface/Blackface/African Queen: This right here was like the epic of all song theft case in the history of the Nigerian music scene. The evergreen song, 'African Queen' powerfully rendered by Tuface became a smashing hit in no time, placing him in the hall of fame for legends in the entertainment industry. African queen not only topped charts, it went global. It became the song, Hollywood practitioners could directly link with Nigeria without as much as scattering their Ed Sheeran locks (Their brand of dread). Seeing how much fame Tuface got from this one song and is still getting, Blackface, one half of Plantashaun boys, Tuface's former boy band group, rose up like Timon and Pumbaa, who are always on the look out for worms, began ranting. He made it clear to everyone who would listen that he owned and wrote the song. Years after, even after the case seemed to have died down with Tuface reportedly paying for the said song, Blackface still stylishly makes reference to it, but can we blame him, its 'African Queen' that's like the song that can change anyone's career assuming you have the same charisma and humility like Tuface. Reports also claims that the song African Queen was actually sung by a Jamaican, Sizzla Kolonji in other words, Tuface stole a stolen song.
Davido

2. Davido/Password/Gobe: In 2014, I alongside millions of Nigerians danced to this awesome song from Davido. Gobe, was like the only song even people in the northern part of the country would want to listen to day in day out, yes it was that big. This song brought him unprecedented fame that I dare say catapulted him from an 'Oh its that boy Davido' to 'Na Davido music we want here o' Gobe was so big, Password(Real owner) could no longer shrug off the pain and jealousy that was gingerly hanging up on his shoulder. Password himself had released the same song in 2011, but did nothing for his career before Davido, took over and made it a hit. He reportedly paid N500,000 after copyright claims cropped up.

WIZKID (1)

3. Wizkid/Dammy Krane/Babanla: Even before this claim surfaced, Wizkid has for a while been hit with all sort of song theft accusations, which got most people wondering if the 'Pakurumo' crooner, was not smart enough to write himself some hit song. Dammy Krane, an artiste signed unto Tuface's Hypertek records, took to social media to vent. From stealing materials to actually stealing the song Babanla, Wizkid, made our list of artistes who are kings of plagiarism.

olamide1

4. Olamide/ D'banj/Don't Stop: Yes, he made the list. Even after D'banj came out claiming the song was given to him, the same D'banj said artistes could come to his place, whatever material they see and like, they are allowed to take. According to D'banj: "I have songs you guys have not heard. I have songs that I’m about to release with producers you guys have asked me to work with. From time, anyone can come into my studio and listen to our songs and not just Olamide can come in. To me, it’s not stealing, I see it as inspiration. ....This particular one, this is a line I have been saying for a long time, “Shake it, don’t break it, it took your mama nine months to make it.” I actually heard it from Prince Aremo Oniru. Even Baddo (Olamide) had played about it saying, “Baba if you no use this line I go use am o” but I said I go use am"....need I say more?

Sean-Tizzle

5. Sean Tizzle/Sound Sultan/Sho Lee: Sho Lee shot Sean Tizzle from a singer status to a fast rising singer in no time. The song was a massive hit. It was so massive that it got the attention of the label, Naija Ninjas, Sean Tizzle was signed to before he left abruptly, violating his contract. The case was taken to court before both team decided on amicably settling the issue to avoid unnecessary amount of money being wasted on legal fees.

Know some songs that ought to be on the list? Kindly put them in the comment box, to be used for the next article.

Written by: Tope Delano

@Tope_Delano

http://tooxclusive.com/editorial/top-5-famous-artistes-who-are-copy-cats/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Seeem you have a problem differentiating buying a song and stealing a song.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by jayriginal: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Has anybody mentioned P Square?

Most of their second album was stolen.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Rashelany: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
angry sooo... how this post kon take concern me na
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Blakenails(m): 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Please oo how can I relate this post to the hausa/fulani's that is ravaging this country unopposed.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Hartthex(m): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
Randyblincks:
i don't give a damn on what anyone thinks... But, i know my WizzyBaby-Baba Nla isn't a thief. Gosh!!! Wizzy fit wake from sleep anytime begin sing.
Did i just read you call wizkid baba nla?...smh...and if we check well, u may be older dan him.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Thayay(m): 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bro of life. Sizzla kalonji's African queen is totally different from tuface own, cuz I've heard it.
Let call spade a spade, tuface really stole that song from blackface. It's not the the stealing of a thing that's paining that guy, but how the song became popular without him being credited as the owner lol.
May our destinies not be stolen in Jesus name
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by judondasylva(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2016
wow
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Jayjey(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2016
he de happen all over globe. the voice and production also be a determining factor. others fit hijack song make then no know to interpret am. nothing do dem.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2016
oodua1stson:
Let me correct some things in this post...

Tuface did not steal African queen from blackface. They co-wrote the song for a soap opera. The title of the soap opera was African queen. What 2face did wrong was releasing the song without the approval of blackface.

Davido & password. Davido did not steal gobe from password. Password had released the song like 2 years before Davido bought it from him, it was people who heard Davido's version that were claiming Davido stole his song. Password himself came out to say the truth that he sold the song to Davido .
matured comment spotted
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Randyblincks(m): 9:17pm On May 02, 2016
Hartthex:

Did i just read you call wizkid baba nla?...smh...and if we check well, u may be older dan him.
Bro, y u hating on mah comment, got any beef with me or wizzy? Besides, i was born in1999, what has dat go 2 do wit me calling wizzy 'Baba nla'?
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Hartthex(m): 6:49pm On May 03, 2016
Randyblincks:
Bro, y u hating on mah comment, got any beef with me or wizzy? Besides, i was born in1999, what has dat go 2 do wit me calling wizzy 'Baba nla'?
not hating on ur comment bro, jus dont like it wen ppl idolise dis guys...dats why they misbehave. dats all....no beef bro
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Randyblincks(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2016
Hartthex:

not hating on ur comment bro, jus dont like it wen ppl idolise dis guys...dats why they misbehave. dats all....no beef bro
U hav a point... I guess we got no iss then.
1 Love!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Celebrates Anita Okoye On Her Birthday / Joke Silva And Olu Jacobs Celebrate 33rd Wedding Anniversary With Family Photo / Lilfrosh Denies Hitting His Girlfriend, Thacutegeminme. She Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.