Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,665 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pls Help With Change Of Ownership - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help With Change Of Ownership (766 Views)

Change Of Ownership Is Our Call / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Change Of Ownership by kunle75(m): 4:18am On Apr 26, 2016
Hello Team,

Please i need your candid opinion and i will appreciate a matured reply as your input will help shape my next line of action and prevent me from any eventuality.

I advertised an 03 Toyota corolla here early this month and got a good deal,thanks to NL and all the gurus and the buyers too.

But my main concern now is that during the period i sold the car the buyer never bother me with change of ownership and when i called him if he needs it,he did not see anything spectacular in collecting such from me.

NOTE:

My major concern is the plate number on the car,the number was allotted to my first car which i bought and used and sold in 2014,a 2000 model sienna mini van and later re-registered same number with my corolla, during same period when i changed the car which i now sold to this new buyer.

Now i have sold the corolla and i myself don't really need the plate number again and will be willing to register my newly acquired car with a new licensed plate number,and the guy that bought the car from me recently came to collect the original papers and only to inform me that he has sold it too few weeks after he bought it from me due to some pressing need he has,and i was uneasy though i maybe wrong but i was thinking,God forbid if anything goes wrong they will trace the car details to me and not him since we do not exchange any transfer of ownership during sales.`am just thinking.

my main question is ;

1. Is there any legal implication for not exchanging change of owner during the sale of the corolla car,or security agent wahala,please if there is what can i possibly do now to be sure in the case of any eventuality am totally exonerated.

2. Would there be any issue now or later in the future as regards selling my corolla together with the plate number,if there is any please what can i do to avert such ?

Please your candid opinion are highly solicited,lawyers and gurus in the house.

@ Moderator please help push this to front page.

Thanks
Re: Pls Help With Change Of Ownership by pattybf(f): 6:00am On Apr 26, 2016
number plates r not to be sold wt vehicles, it is not transferable. once registered in ur name n wt ur info, it forever remains ur property!

should any crime or some sort is committed wt a vehicle having ur no plate on it, it will surely be traced back to u!

find a way to retrieve back ur number plate!
Re: Pls Help With Change Of Ownership by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2016
kunle75:
Hello Team,

Please i need your candid opinion and i will appreciate a matured reply as your input will help shape my next line of action and prevent me from any eventuality.

I advertised an 03 Toyota corolla here early this month and got a good deal,thanks to NL and all the gurus and the buyers too.

But my main concern now is that during the period i sold the car the buyer never bother me with change of ownership and when i called him if he needs it,he did not see anything spectacular in collecting such from me.

NOTE:

My major concern is the plate number on the car,the number was allotted to my first car which i bought and used and sold in 2014,a 2000 model sienna mini van and later re-registered same number with my corolla, during same period when i changed the car which i now sold to this new buyer.

Now i have sold the corolla and i myself don't really need the plate number again and will be willing to register my newly acquired car with a new licensed plate number,and the guy that bought the car from me recently came to collect the original papers and only to inform me that he has sold it too few weeks after he bought it from me due to some pressing need he has,and i was uneasy though i maybe wrong but i was thinking,God forbid if anything goes wrong they will trace the car details to me and not him since we do not exchange any transfer of ownership during sales.`am just thinking.

my main question is ;

1. Is there any legal implication for not exchanging change of owner during the sale of the corolla car,or security agent wahala,please if there is what can i possibly do now to be sure in the case of any eventuality am totally exonerated.

2. Would there be any issue now or later in the future as regards selling my corolla together with the plate number,if there is any please what can i do to avert such ?

Please your candid opinion are highly solicited,lawyers and gurus in the house.

@ Moderator please help push this to front page.

Thanks

search for the buyer, explain things to him, pay for a fresh registration and change of ownership for the car, collect your plates and register your new car with your old plates. (that's what I would do)
Re: Pls Help With Change Of Ownership by kunle75(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

search for the buyer, explain things to him, pay for a fresh registration and change of ownership for the car, collect your plates and register your new car with your old plates. (that's what I would do)

Thanks very much Oga Gazzuz,immediately i read your comment i have put a call through to the buyer and he promised to contact the guy he sold it to.

Though the new buyer is in PH and his concern was that the registration is due to expire by July and he wouldn't know if the new buyer will be willing to drop the plate number for now.

I will keep tab on him till i get it back.

Thanks
Re: Pls Help With Change Of Ownership by kunle75(m): 9:00am On Apr 26, 2016
pattybf:
number plates r not to be sold wt vehicles, it is not transferable. once registered in ur name n wt ur info, it forever remains ur property!

should any crime or some sort is committed wt a vehicle having ur no plate on it, it will surely be traced back to u!

find a way to retrieve back ur number plate!

Thank you i will do that ASAP.............

(1) (Reply)

Shattered Rear Windscreen Altima 01 / Advice Needed ...how Did You Move From Being An Amateur To A Pro In Driving? / Between 2003-2005 Corolla And 2003 Lexus Rx 300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.