Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Anyone Had This Unpleasant Experience With Skye Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anyone Had This Unpleasant Experience With Skye Bank? (392 Views)

Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / $793.2 Million TSA Funds: Skye Bank Confirms Holding $41 Million / Man Becomes A Millionaire With Skye Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Had This Unpleasant Experience With Skye Bank? by brainbox2014(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
I have been using a particular bank for years now (name withheld so you don't think I have come here to spoil one bank to glorify the other), and I have never experienced the kind of blind ripping off that I have seen in the few months since I opened an account with Skye bank. I'll state some of them here and I'll like to know if anyone has had the same experience.

1) While filling the registration form, I only selected email alerts. I did not tick sms alert (for a reason i will explain next), yet they started sending me sms alerts.

2) I was then made to understand that 4 naira will be deducted 'for every alert' i receive. I was like kilode. 4 naira seems small but it's not if you'll be handling several transactions and getting so many alerts (wanted and unwanted). Moreso, if let's say someone sent me 10 000 naira, by the time they deduct 4 naira, it means i can no longer get the money wholly. Even if it's 1 naira that makes it 9999 naira, meaning i have to pay in some money before i can withdraw 10k.

3) So i wanted to opt out of the sms alert only for them to tell me I can't because a new policy says that all bank a/c owners must be on sms alert. I'd like to know how true this is.

4) Well, I decided not to allow any dime into the Skye bank a/c again. This morning I tried transferring 2k out of 3k plus left there using the mobile app, and i was told insufficient balance. I later discovered that the operating balance was 2k, meaning i can only withdraw 1k. I know most banks use 1k so i wonder why theirs is different.

I am putting forward these complaints just to know if there are others who have had the same experience.

(1) (Reply)

Business That Can Fetch You Millions For Further Investments / Hedva Emporium-for Those Too Busy To Shop / Ecobank Fires 1040 Of Its Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.