Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding (1726 Views)

Muslim Family Brutally Wounded A Christian Man For Having Friendship With Their / Still Single And Want To Start A Christian Family? / A Christian, Single And You Are 35 And Above Pls Look In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
My coursemate has been asking this questions for sometimes now because he is planning on settling m down soon. Now he is flummoxed on how to cut cost by all means due to the economic situation we are experiencing today.
At the moment he has two options:
1. Have the bride price paid, engagement & traditional same day. From there move to the reception ground to cap it up.
2. Secondly, he wants to have a quiet engagement, bride price & traditional. Next day he has a white wedding and cap it up with the reception.

Now he is asking if it is possible to go with option 1 which is have the engagement, pay bride price & traditional etc then go to the reception to cap it up.

Pls matured advice only.
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by okirewaju(f): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
I don't get

If he goes with option 1 then where does the white wedding come in?

I prefer option 2
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
okirewaju:
I don't get

If he goes with option 1 then where does the white wedding come in?

I prefer option 2

Dts d aim, he wants to cancel the white wedding since its jst prayers that will be offered there. He will just have the first option without the church part. Since prayer will still be offered for them during the engagement, payment of bridal price before moving to the reception.
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by okirewaju(f): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
DonBobes:

Dts d aim, he wants to cancel the white wedding since its jst prayers that will be offered there. He will just have the first option without the church part. Since prayer will still be offered for them during the engagement, payment of bridal price before moving to the reception.
Oh i see

Will the bride agree to this?

What if you do a quiet court marriage?
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hmmm!!! If you have a workable budget, you can still have everything done without cancelling out any. Its just that its hard to get wedding planners to work within one's budget cos of their own personal pockets. Contact me on treasuredkids2@gmail.com. we render services strictly based on the budget of the individual as far as its realistic.
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
okirewaju:
Oh i see

Dt was considered too, because the bride's also want a quiet wedding. Dey countenanced d idea & dt first option was put on d table.
Bt wat still worries him is dt hope pple won't say "oh he dint do church wedding bt just traditional wedding.....blah blah"

U knw pple wit bad mouth.

So hope if he goes for dt first option to cut cost by avoiding church wedding part, it's still goin to b ok so long as there's a reception after d trady, Engagemnt etc.
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
treasuredkids:
Hmmm!!! If you have a workable budget, you can still have everything done without cancelling out any. Its just that its hard to get wedding planners to work within one's budget cos of their own personal pockets. Contact me on treasuredkids2@gmail.com. we render services strictly based on the budget of the individual as far as its realistic.

I dont knw hws pocket is though, cant speak for him on dt. Bt he is working on 1...million though. U get
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is the wedding done already?
DonBobes:

I dont knw hws pocket is though, cant speak for him on dt. Bt he is working on 1...million though. U get
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
treasuredkids:
Is the wedding done already?

No not yet,
But i think he is doing it around November or December!
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by yvelchstores(f): 12:07am On Jun 14, 2016
DonBobes:

one million on wedding. Una get time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Location?
DonBobes:

No not yet,
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Location of event?
DonBobes:

No not yet,
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
yvelchstores:
one million on wedding. Una get time.

Is it too much because of d hard tyms nw, or too less?
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by yvelchstores(f): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
DonBobes:

Is it too much because of d hard tyms nw, or too less?
as a professional accountant who believes in vvalue for money, I will not spend a million for a wedding....

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 6:35am On Jun 15, 2016
yvelchstores:
as a professional accountant who believes in vvalue for money, I will not spend a million for a wedding....

Well u really hv a point der!!!
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by Titilayooni(f): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2016
yvelchstores:
thank you,why would I spend one million on a wedding...its what I told my man too....To me,a church wedding isn't necessary. U can go to the registry or go with your traditional and engagement,invite the pastor to pray for you during the traditional and finish it up at the reception
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by crackhaus: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
I was going to ask this very important question, but he beat me to it.
okirewaju:
Oh i see

And since this is what both of them want,
DonBobes:

Dt was considered too, because the bride's also want a quiet wedding. Dey countenanced d idea & dt first option was put on d table.
Bt wat still worries him is dt hope pple won't say "oh he dint do church wedding bt just traditional wedding.....blah blah"

U knw pple wit bad mouth.

So hope if he goes for dt first option to cut cost by avoiding church wedding part, it's still goin to b ok so long as there's a reception after d trady, Engagemnt etc.
All that matters is that both of them agreed to it.

People will still have opinions and find something to criticize regardless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
My dear I will like to draw ur attention to the fact that be it church/registry/traditional wedding, what really consumes the money is the feeding of the guests, reception venue and decoration. U have photography and video as well as music to consider. Except u dnt intend inviting all love ones, family and friends. 1mill may sound much in the ear but when the spending and disbursement begins u will find out its not much in value. I am into events and have quite an amount of experience when considering a very tight budget. And for the record, I'm an accountant like u.
yvelchstores:
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
Invite small number of people,cook small food, borrow wedding gown, get a free reception hall, make cheaper souvenirs, Thank me latercheesy
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by yvelchstores(f): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
treasuredkids:
My dear I will like to draw ur attention to the fact that be it church/registry/traditional wedding, what really consumes the money is the feeding of the guests, reception venue and decoration. U have photography and video as well as music to consider. Except u dnt intend inviting all love ones, family and friends. 1mill may sound much in the ear but when the spending and disbursement begins u will find out its not much in value. I am into events and have quite an amount of experience when considering a very tight budget. And for the record, I'm an accountant like u.
good to know u knw ur field.I however know how to cut costs, it's a talent I hv. That being said, I knw 1 million is too much for a wedding, except u want to go overboard.thnx
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
DonBobes:

Go for option one. White wedding is just a mere formality. The real marriage happens once the bride price is paid

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by tosyne2much(m): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Go for option one. White wedding is just a mere formality. The real marriage happens once the bride price is paid
Antie Ishi, I don miss you as if my life depends on you cheesy

Be like say I go take the courage propose to you one day sef... Patapata na bash you go bash me cool
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by Ishilove: 3:45am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Antie Ishi, I don miss you as if my life depends on you cheesy

Be like say I go take the courage propose to you one day sef... Patapata na bash you go bash me cool
Lol. Na everybody you wan propose to?
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by tosyne2much(m): 6:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Lol. Na everybody you wan propose to?
To be very sincere ehn, anywhere I see your comments, I dey always feel very happy cheesy
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by Ishilove: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
To be very sincere ehn, anywhere I see your comments, I dey always feel very happy cheesy
Thank ya cheesy
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2016
treasuredkids:
Location of event?

Its Kaduna
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Ok!
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
DonBobes:

Ok!

There are several options..

1. Do bride price payment, go to church for blessings and do traditional reception (i.e. change to your traditional wears for reception). only one cake and one time you have to feed people

2. Do flamboyant engagement (not necessarily in terms of feeding), do church and serve take away packs after the service

3. Do your wedding on a week day

4. Do strictly by invitation.

5. Do flamboyant engagement and church blessings on the next Sunday.

6. etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hmmm!!! Anything is possible to achieve if u know ur onus
yvelchstores:
good to know u knw ur field.I however know how to cut costs, it's a talent I hv. That being said, I knw 1 million is too much for a wedding, except u want to go overboard.thnx
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by treasuredkids(f): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
If its in Kaduna, u can spend less cos the cost of items will be relatively cheaper than in Lagos. Just bargain ur way out with the service providers around u.[quote author=DonBobes post=46624539]

Its Kaduna []
Re: How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding by DonBobes(m): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2016
treasuredkids:
If its in Kaduna, u can spend less cos the cost of items will be relatively cheaper than in Lagos. Just bargain ur way out with the service providers around u.

Yh, thnx!

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin RCF Auto Crash Accident Killed My Sister Oyeyode Oluwabunmi / I Am Tired Of Marriage / Orphanage Or My Senior Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.