Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Has Atheism Taken Over Nl - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Atheism Taken Over Nl (5323 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by PastorAIO: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2009
huxley:

CAn you tell us when numbers came into existence? What you see in the textbooks are representation of numbers, NOT numbers in themselves. Think about it this way - do numbers exist in a non-literate societies? Did numbers exist 20000 years ago before the invention of writing?

Let's not conflate Numbers and Numerals. Numbers exist in pre-literate societies but not numerals.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by henrykent: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2009
hey,,,,,,,,,guys,my fellow believers and unbelievers,am not to good in your spoken vocabs so to speak,but truly gods exist,but one reigns supreme ok,JEHOVAH.DON'T have anything to say again,when you die u will understand the remaining jist.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by huxley(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Let's not conflate Numbers and Numerals.  Numbers exist in pre-literate societies but not numerals.  

Yes, of course.  I was writing in response to the poster who thought that what you see in textbooks are numbers - they are not numbers, but representation of numbers or numerals.

Of course, numbers exist in pre-literate societies.  In fact, numbers exists ONLY in minds, in the minds of conscious (sentient) beings.

What do you think?   Do you think numbers existed 10 billion years ago, given our current knowledge about life in the universe?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by PastorAIO: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2009
My brother, everything exists only in minds! cool
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by huxley(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

My brother, everything exists only in minds! cool

Back to this old canard, are we? Does your mind exist? Has your mind got a mind of its own? Or in whose mind does your mind exist in?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
wirinet:

That is the main difference between creationists and evolutionists, while you creationists believe in superiority, evolutionists believe in equality. Homosapiens is not superior to anything, our evolutionary path lead us to having the largest brain( especially the neocortex), thereby giving us the highest intelligence. Other species has other parts of their brains more developed than our own, dogs have a highly developed sense of smell, our own olfactory is primitive compared to that of a bloodhound. same with eagle and the eye.

Yes i acknowledge that a combination of our, highly developed brains, our opposing thumb and our efficient communication skill, make us have physical collective dominance over all other species, that does give us the right to feel superior.

This feeling of superiority is what is responsible for a lot of the conflicts we have in the world today, one set of people feels their Gods are superior to all other Gods, making them superior to all other people. And all sorts of atrocities is committed in the guise of this superiority.

How can you explain to a goat that the computer was designed by Man and did not evolve ?
As difficult as it is for a goat to comprehend the existence of man and his scientific and tecnological inventions,so it is for we humans to understand the existence of God.

We can just feel his presence and see the beautiful works ,but his nature we cannnever really understand
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Tudor6(f): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Mr chukwudi,
How do you know this?
You can't just wake up one morning and declare we cannot understand god because you saw it in a dream.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pastor my guy my guy, lol
I really did not give much thought to what his intentions were, what I know for certain is that I have been able to make people listen to me which above all is most important. If my grandmom were alive and asked me why I did not believe in God,I am pretty sure that going into your allegory of the cave would not help at all. So I hope you get the drift of why I said so, its not about the most complex arguments its about sending my message across.
As for numbers existing lets not go there.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
@chukwudi
And you have seen goats tell their fellow goats that they cannot understand humans?
Lol I think they are more concerned about their grass lol.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by wirinet(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2009
That's why goats are more practical than Humans, goats do not concerned about who or what created them or how to get favours and from him, nor are they concerned with which creator is superior. they are more concerned with finding and eating good green grass and finding a suitable mate to leave their genes behind.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by noetic2: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
wirinet:

That's why goats are more practical than Humans, goats do not concerned about who or what created them or how to get favours and from him, nor are they concerned with which creator is superior. they are more concerned with finding and eating good green grass and finding a suitable mate to leave their genes behind.

This is only an after thiought for which there is no basis.

1. How can u explain to a goat that the computer was designed by man and did not evolved?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by noetic2: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
huxley:

Yes, of course.  I was writing in response to the poster who thought that what you see in textbooks are numbers - they are not numbers, but representation of numbers or numerals.

Of course, numbers exist in pre-literate societies.  In fact, numbers exists ONLY in minds, in the minds of conscious (sentient) beings.

What do you think?   Do you think numbers existed 10 billion years ago, given our current knowledge about life in the universe?

I think u are going too far with ur premise in defining and using the term "existence" ?

What does it mean to exist? do u refer to been felt by the 5 human organs. . . if so u are far from reality.
Numbers do EXIST. they are symbolically represented by literate pictures/pigments. . .this representation does not mean they exist, but it reflects the basis of their existence.

The possibility of making mathematical,accounting and other calculations using numbers . . .and the acceptance of the figures (outcome) by several parties involved simply implies that numbers do EXIST.
why do u accept the account balance of ur bank statement as the true figures of ur account? u do simply because u believe/subsribe to the numerical representations presented on ur statement. That my friend is evidence for the existence of numbers.

whether u subscribe to the existence of this numbers is another thing. . . .but one thing is that numbers do EXIST.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
wirinet:

Chrisbenogor:

@chukwudi
And you have seen goats tell their fellow goats that they cannot understand humans?
Lol I think they are more concerned about their grass lol.

That a goat does not bother about it's creator does not mean it's creator does not exist.

Also a goat cannot inquire from it's peers about it's creator because of their lower intellect which limits their power of communication.likewise man cannot comprehend the nature and existence of it's creator because of their lower intellect(which is inferior to that of God)
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
Lol chukwudi I ask you again if goats complain about supercomputers?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Tudor6(f): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2009
chukwudi44:

That a goat does not bother about it's creator does not mean it's creator does not exist.

Also a goat cannot inquire  from it's peers about it's creator because of their lower intellect which limits their power of communication.likewise man cannot comprehend the nature and existence of it's creator because of their lower intellect(which is inferior to that of God)
If man cannot comprehend the nature and existence of god, how in the world did you know he exists?
How can you confidently claim that he is tripatite, ominipotent, ominiscient and all powerful. . .how are we able to understand that?

Did humans create the goat?
Why would the goat be bothered about computers?
That we have greater comprehension than the animals doesn't take away the fact that the eagle have better eyesight or the dogs have a much more developed sense of smell. . . .so tell me, Are we humans better than god in anyway?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
I think so tudor we have more sense than God planned.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by wirinet(m): 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
noetic2:

I think u are going too far with ur premise in defining and using the term "existence" ?

What does it mean to exist? do u refer to been felt by the 5 human organs. . . if so u are far from reality.
Numbers do EXIST. they are symbolically represented by literate pictures/pigments. . .this representation does not mean they exist, but it reflects the basis of their existence.

The possibility of making mathematical,accounting and other calculations using numbers . . .and the acceptance of the figures (outcome) by several parties involved simply implies that numbers do EXIST.
why do u accept the account balance of ur bank statement as the true figures of ur account? u do simply because u believe/subsribe to the numerical representations presented on ur statement. That my friend is evidence for the existence of numbers.

whether u subscribe to the existence of this numbers is another thing. . . .but one thing is that numbers do EXIST.

If you insist that numbers do exist, then define for us its nature. Also can numbers stand on its own, like what is 100. Does a number mean the same thing to all people or a certain class of people that has agreed to its exact meaning. If my account says $100, or N100, or Y100, do they mean the same thing to everybody at all times.

Now which is the true representation of the number two? is it  2, ii,貳( ,二, ١, and hundreds of other symbolic representations. Also the pronunciation of the number two is as varied as its symbolic representation. I thinks God and Numbers have the same characteristic. It is a symbolic representation of nature unique to the particular group of persons doing the representing.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by PastorAIO: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
I think that the nature of numbers are aptly demonstrated in the practice of mathematics. Numbers are relationships. Each number gets it's nature and qualities in comparison to other numbers.

eg the Nature of 2 is double unity. when another number is multiplied or divided by 2 it result is in accordance to the qualities of 2-ness which is different from the qualities of 3-ness. the effect of multiplying a number by 2 is different from the effect of multiplying a number by 3. just like the effect of adding oxygen to Copper is different from the effect of adding Nitrogen to copper.

Numbers exist in a world of abstraction. Whether abstractions can be considered real objects like specific physical instances (eg 2 cars rather than just 2-ness) is another bigger kettle of fish. In this kettle of fish Plato and Aristotle did not agree at all.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by noetic2: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
wirinet:

If you insist that numbers do exist, then define for us its nature. Also can numbers stand on its own, like what is 100. Does a number mean the same thing to all people or a certain class of people that has agreed to its exact meaning. If my account says $100, or N100, or Y100, do they mean the same thing to everybody at all times.

1.The nature of number can only be gasped from it uses and perceivable representation.
100 is universally the numerical addition/subtraction of other values to arrive at a figure. This figure is representable by anything as agreed upon by users. . . .but the VALUE remains 100/one hundred.

2. The £ or $ signs add a very different meaning to the number in question.
The value and significance of the number remains 100. . .  .but its meaning is redefined when annexed with other symbols.

3. The nature of a number is therefore defined as a value that is explicitly representable and acceptable to respondents. Number can also be represented using various symbols and notions. . . the symbols and notions are only relevant in the context of the numerical usage. For example. statements A,B and C carry different meanings but numerically have the same value

statement A: Ade wants to sell 100 apples.
statement B: Ade wants to convert 100 dollars.
statement C: by the injunctions of the sharia court, Ade was given 100 strokes of the kain.

4. Based on the above it is safe to state that number is explicitly different from any other value and significant or insignificant notion used with it in any expression. meaning that 100 is independent of dollars, when the expression $100 is written.
As such number (100) is an entity on its own.

5. being an independent entity, number therefore exists.

6. The representation of number, though divergent depending on the language and mode of communication. One thing is certain the numerical value of number is universal, regardless of the language.

7. Number as an entity, simply EXISTS.

Now which is the true representation of the number two? is it  2, ii,貳( ,二, ١, and hundreds of other symbolic representations. Also the pronunciation of the number two is as varied as its symbolic representation. I thinks God and Numbers have the same characteristic. It is a symbolic representation of nature unique to the particular group of persons doing the representing.

Numerical or pictorial representation of numbers do not dispute the value of this numbers.
pronunciation of a number is subject to the language in context. . .it has no connection to the VALUE of the number.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by KAG: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
Prizm: Here’s a concise formulation of the Cosmological Argument (for those who may not bother to do the necessary research):

1) Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
2) The Universe began to exist.
3) Therefore, the Universe had a cause.

What this means quite plainly is that the universe along with space, time, matter and energy came into being. The universe is not a necessary entity; it is a contingent entity. It does not have an infinite past. The only necessary being/entities one can think of are a) numbers b) an unembodied personal mind. This is the conception of God that theists work with—a personal, unembodied, spaceless, infinite, eternal mind. It goes without saying that numbers though necessary, do not have any creative ability. It follows that the cause of the universe is a mind greater than the universe—by which we mean something that is immaterial, boundless, spaceless and eternally pre-existent.

How is it then that when you present the Cosmological argument, an atheist’s response is “What Caused God?” That question simply shows a misunderstanding of the argument. Anyone asking this question should familiarize him/herself with what “necessary” and “contingent” entities are. That question is as laughable as asking “What makes a triangle have three sides whose angles add up to 180 degrees?”, or “Why should a triangle have three sides with angles that add up to 180 degrees?” The answer is as simple as saying “That is what a triangle is DEFINED as”. I have nothing to discuss with anyone who wants to argue with definitions. If you do not like the definition given, go ahead, define yours and see if we may agree or disagree.

Another argument an atheist may make when confronted with the Cosmological Argument is to suggest that “the universe is uncaused” which is a patently false idea given its finitude in the past. An atheist is left with the worst option of declaring that the “universe just popped out of nothing, from nothing and by nothing” and that I suggest is even worse than magic. Nothing pops out of nothing, from nothing, by nothing. To suggest otherwise is to be painfully irrational. Not even radioactive decay; or virtual particles which merely arise and disappear from fluctuations in the quantum vacuum—a veritable ‘sea’ of energy.

To refute the argument, you have to shoot down or falsify the premises. Otherwise, you'll arrive at the painful conclusion whether you want to or not.

Well, first, while you may not like the idea of first settling on definitions; in philosophical discussions defining the terms one is using and why it should be accepted is probably one of the most important aspects of said discussion. For instance, to bend your example a little to fit the scheme of the general discussion of the thread, if a triangle is defined as anything that has "three sides with angles that add up to 180 degrees", should anything that has "three sides with angles that add up to 180 degrees" be automatically called or accepted as a triangle? Thus settling on all of the parameters removes confusion and ensures we all work using the same signifiers for the same signified.

Secondly, and probably most importantly, the first postulate of the cosmological argument is wrong. Not everything that begins to exist has a cause, nor does every occurrence necessarily need a tangible precedent. Sure in Aristotle's via Aquinas' via the "times" of many modern theistic apologists all that had been observed indicated that the first premise must be an axiom; however, with the onset of the likes of quantum physics and even studies of radioactivity it's known that things are different from human intuited arguments.

Finally, yes even virtual particles and radioactive decay. The argument is that everything has to be caused. They contravene the causality premise because, particularly in the case of virtual particles, the fluctuation isn't caused by the "veritable ‘sea’ of energy".
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by noetic2: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
KAG:

Secondly, and probably most importantly, the first postulate of the cosmological argument is wrong. [b]Not everything that begins to exist has a cause, nor does every occurrence necessarily need a tangible precedent. [/b]Sure in Aristotle's via Aquinas' via the "times" of many modern theistic apologists all that had been observed indicated that the first premise must be an axiom; however, with the onset of the likes of quantum physics and even studies of radioactivity it's known that things are different from human intuited arguments.

Any examples?

Finally, yes even virtual particles and radioactive decay. The argument is that everything has to be caused. They contravene the causality premise because, particularly in the case of virtual particles, the fluctuation isn't caused by the "veritable ‘sea’ of energy".

how does this help ur argument?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by Prizm(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2009
After reading through the number of posts that have appeared mysteriously back on to this closed thread since I last posted a reply, I have to say that I am not so comfortable with the idea that the thread can be closed arbitrarily or that a single post for example has character limits. Many times, discussions on this issue require a lot more than a few simple sentences to develop an argument and effectively communicate. Besides, I am not a regular participant on these boards. For these reasons, I am tempted to carry my portion of the discussion from this forum away to a blog for those atheists who really want to pursue a line of discussion with me in particular.

The sense in doing this is because it enables me to isolate those sort of arguments coming from the theist or agnostic side of the fence that are really not germane to the discourse or that  I actually do not endorse; or which I feel are not communicating effectively. I assure any atheist or agnostic that is interested in really discussing these issues in an atmosphere devoid of ad-hominem attacks that it will be a really fun and enriching exercise.

To proceed, I’ll post my reply to Wirinet’s question in this personal blog below. If Wirinet feels like continuing the discussion with me over at that blog, he/she will be deeply appreciated. I will also repost the Cosmological Argument as a way of re-introducing the discussion for people like Chris, Huxley and Tudor if they are interested. These gentlemen strike me as reasonably possessed by the topic, so it will be great if we can discuss these issues in an environment devoid of the occasional and unintended ambient chatter or noise. My guarantee to these people is that their objections or skepticism will be graciously received and honestly answered (to the best of my ability); also their opposing but positive cases (arguments) will be diligently considered; and in doing so, we would learn a few things ourselves. This is what intelligent discussions are after all. See you all sometime.

Cheers.

http://anaedo.blog-city.com/on_numbers_a_reply_to_wirinet.htm

http://anaedo.blog-city.com/the_cosmological_argument.htm
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by huxley(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
Prizm:

After reading through the number of posts that have appeared mysteriously back on to this closed thread since I last posted a reply, I have to say that I am not so comfortable with the idea that the thread can be closed arbitrarily or that a single post for example has character limits. Many times, discussions on this issue require a lot more than a few simple sentences to develop an argument and effectively communicate. Besides, I am not a regular participant on these boards. For these reasons, I am tempted to carry my portion of the discussion from this forum away to a blog for those atheists who really want to pursue a line of discussion with me in particular.

The sense in doing this is because it enables me to isolate those sort of arguments coming from the theist or agnostic side of the fence that are really not germane to the discourse or that  I actually do not endorse; or which I feel are not communicating effectively. I assure any atheist or agnostic that is interested in really discussing these issues in an atmosphere devoid of ad-hominem attacks that it will be a really fun and enriching exercise.

To proceed, I’ll post my reply to Wirinet’s question in this personal blog below. If Wirinet feels like continuing the discussion with me over at that blog, he/she will be deeply appreciated. I will also repost the Cosmological Argument as a way of re-introducing the discussion for people like Chris, Huxley and Tudor if they are interested. These gentlemen strike me as reasonably possessed by the topic, so it will be great if we can discuss these issues in an environment devoid of the occasional and unintended ambient chatter or noise. My guarantee to these people is that their objections or skepticism will be graciously received and honestly answered (to the best of my ability); also their opposing but positive cases (arguments) will be diligently considered; and in doing so, we would learn a few things ourselves. This is what intelligent discussions are after all. See you all sometime.

Cheers.

http://anaedo.blog-city.com/on_numbers_a_reply_to_wirinet.htm

http://anaedo.blog-city.com/the_cosmological_argument.htm

These links don't appear to be working for me.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by wirinet(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2009
Prizm,

Your site is not working, even when i cut and past it in the address bar.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by wirinet(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
noetic2:

1.The nature of number can only be gasped from it uses and perceivable representation.
100 is universally the numerical addition/subtraction of other values to arrive at a figure. This figure is representable by anything as agreed upon by users. . . .but the VALUE remains 100/one hundred.

2. The £ or $ signs add a very different meaning to the number in question.
The value and significance of the number remains 100. . .  .but its meaning is redefined when annexed with other symbols.

3. The nature of a number is therefore defined as a value that is explicitly representable and acceptable to respondents. Number can also be represented using various symbols and notions. . . the symbols and notions are only relevant in the context of the numerical usage. For example. statements A,B and C carry different meanings but numerically have the same value

statement A: Ade wants to sell 100 apples.
statement B: Ade wants to convert 100 dollars.
statement C: by the injunctions of the sharia court, Ade was given 100 strokes of the kain.

4. Based on the above it is safe to state that number is explicitly different from any other value and significant or insignificant notion used with it in any expression. meaning that 100 is independent of dollars, when the expression $100 is written.
As such number (100) is an entity on its own.

5. being an independent entity, number therefore exists.

6. The representation of number, though divergent depending on the language and mode of communication. One thing is certain the numerical value of number is universal, regardless of the language.

7. Number as an entity, simply EXISTS.

Numerical or pictorial representation of numbers do not dispute the value of this numbers.
pronunciation of a number is subject to the language in context. . .it has no connection to the VALUE of the number.

Your example has several flaws;

First all numbers are nothing in themselves,but is used to describe something else, that is why in the mathematical sciences, if you engage in complex calculation and you arrive at at number without what that number describes, your answer would be wrong. My teachers in secondary school then would tell you that what you wrote is meaningless, if you calculate lets say velocity of an object or charge of an electron, and you write 100.

The problem with you is that you are trapped in your familiar world, the figure 100 has a certain meaning in our western civilization, but it is either meaningless or means other things in other civilizations.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by C2H5OH(f): 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
atheists already have a hard enough time convincing themselves that there is no God.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by mazaje(m): 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
All these philosophical arguments for the existence of god. . . .is it the same god that was all over the ancient and primitive jews leading them in battles with his mighty sword of slaughter?. . . is it the same god that was said to be addressing them through public speech? Is it the same god that was said to be sending down food from heaven for them to eat? Is it the same god that was said to be dividing the red sea for his chosen men to cross? is it the same god that walked on water? Stopped th earth from rotation so that his chosen men can kill off their enemies? is it the same god that made the stars in the sky to fight against humans?. . . . . .Why did the same god suddenly run way and stopped doing any of these incredible things once men became more knowlegeble about how the forces of nature operate? grin grin grin. Where is yahweh hiding? grin grin

Another replication of the elijah test with the prophets of baal on mount carmel will shut all the atheist up forever. . . grin grin grin

All these cosmological arguments are all moot because they only present an argument for a first cause for the existence of universe not for the existence of yahweh the warrior and tribal god of the ancient jews or jesus the god of the new testament. . . . .
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by mazaje(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
C2H5OH:

atheists already have a hard enough time convincing themselves that there is no God.

Actually we don't need to "convince" our selves that there is a god because you guys do not even have a coherent and universally acceptable definition of what god is. . . . . .what really do you mean by god?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by budaatum: 12:19am On Aug 13, 2009
Prizm:
Here’s a concise formulation of the Cosmological Argument (for those who may not bother to do the necessary research):

1) Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
2) The Universe began to exist.
3) Therefore, the Universe had a cause.

What this means quite plainly is that the universe along with space, time, matter and energy came into being.

The universe is not a necessary entity; it is a contingent entity. It does not have an infinite past.
Thanks for this, Prizm, I am one of the lazy ones. Just a question, its that "begins". I am certain this type of logic has a basis, but does it quite work here?

There is no evidence for the Universe beginning I would have you consider. Are you asking that one believe it did? Could space, time, matter and energy not have existed incontingently, with an infinite past?
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by bawomolo(m): 12:42am On Aug 13, 2009
mazaje:

Actually we don't need to "convince" our selves that there is a god because you guys do not even have a coherent and universally acceptable definition of what god is. . . . . .what really do you mean by god?

we are onto something here. what is god and is there only one god?

carry go my people. am enjoying this.
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by budaatum: 1:28am On Aug 13, 2009
Of the great secrets of God, which God revealed and told to Enoch, and spoke with him face to face.

AND the Lord summoned me, and said to me: 'Enoch, sit down on my left with Gabriel.'

2 And I bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord spoke to me: Enoch, beloved, all thou seest, all things that are standing finished I tell to thee even before the very beginning, all that I created from non-being, and visible things from invisible.

3 Hear, Enoch, and take in these my words, for not to My angels have I told my secret, and I have not told them their rise, nor my endless realm, nor have they understood my creating, which I tell thee to-day.

4 For before all things were visible, I alone used to go about in the invisible things, like the sun from east to west, and from west to east.

5 But even the sun has peace in itself, while I found no peace, because I was creating all things, and I conceived the thought of placing foundations, and of creating visible creation.

Chapter XXVI, The Book of the Secrets of Enoch
Re: Has Atheism Taken Over Nl by noetic2: 1:30am On Aug 13, 2009
so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Believe That Allah Is Same As Jehovah?: Vote / Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? / 10 Questions For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.