Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) (4895 Views)

Say Bye Bye To Coming To Computer Village Scam / Beware Of This Site (www.clubkonnect.com) / Shocker In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Marvell23(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2016
I am writing this to inform the unsuspecting public about the fraudulent activities of some phone dealers in Ikeja. If you have it in mind to buy any phone from computer village always patronize well-known dealers, don't buy from road side sellers or sellers that you feel are not genuine. Most times they won't give you receipt! Run for your life

Yesterday I read here in on nairaland that one person went to buy the TECNO Boom J8 but the free headphones that came with it has been removed. He was even lucky as many after buying the device of their choice, they got home to discover what was inside the package was fufu. It's may be funny but very true

Finally don't go to computer Village on Sunday with the mind of buying any phone. Be warned.

Pls Obinoscopy help move to FP, so that the public will be informed about this.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 27, 2016
If u want front page then write a piece that is Worthy. U can form a good story even if it is a lie, trust me if it is good it will make FP. Not this thing u wrote that everybody already knows.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by olaneyo18: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2016
greenhulk:
If u want front page then write a piece that is Worthy. U can form a good story even if it is a lie, trust me if it is good it will make FP. Not this thing u wrote that everybody already knows.
Honestly this write up is very helpful to me because I am kind of new in nairaland. The fact that you already know about this doesn't mean everybody knows about it. In fact I am hearing for the first time that it's safe to buy phone on Sunday in Computer village. Let others learn too from this

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Marinza(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros I have been to computer village tire and I still got scammed once. How much more people who don't even know anything about Cv? Mehn na people wey DE form smart demp DE scam pass. A little advice dosnt hurt.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Oladipupo22: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2016
lalasticlala

This issue happened to me and although I am still sad about it, I feel more awareness should be created on this. Thanks

cc: ishilove, seun, obinoscopy
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Frontier2: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Some Computer village guys are rogues pls be warned.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Xhaka(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Whats the essence of buying a boom j8 without the headphone

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by kolexepana: 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
I'd rather buy from an authorized seller.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by TrollinStone: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thats y ppl shld know what they are going for b4 getting there. If ur guy didnt know that the J8 came with headset he wont realise anything was wrong.

As for not going there on Sunday, whats up w that??
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Damiandark01: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Computer village is very tricky. Just go to shops you can recognize. If not ehn or better still go with someone.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by TohKunBoh: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
olaneyo18:
Honestly this write up is very helpful to me because I am kind of new in nairaland. The fact that you already know about this doesn't mean everybody knows about it. In fact I am hearing for the first time that it's safe to buy phone on Sunday in Computer village. Let others learn too from this
thats true..i concur
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by ayobami52(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for the info @Op.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by TohKunBoh: 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Why would someone buy a phone and you wont know whwhat you went to buy there...is that even possible at all?
Who doesn't know that the tecno boom j8 came with a free headphone?
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Cliveglobal1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
OP, Thanks for Clearing the Air. Atleast people who want to Purchase the Phone would Know Better.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by udemzyudex(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lol.. You wan buy u wan sell?

Hustlers... grin
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by winnijaf(f): 6:38am On Apr 28, 2016
The fault is from those who don’t make Prior investigation before going to Purchase a phone. The Boom J8 is actually know for its Headsets, So why would people go ahead and purchase a phone without the Headsets?
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Nwokoji1: 6:42am On Apr 28, 2016
winnijaf:
The fault is from those who don’t make Prior investigation before going to Purchase a phone. The Boom J8 is actually know for its Headsets, So why would people go ahead and purchase a phone without the Headsets?

Exactly, Information is Power. Thank God for Sites Like Nairaland.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by winnijaf(f): 7:49am On Apr 28, 2016
Nwokoji1:

Exactly, Information is Power. Thank God for Sites Like Nairaland.

Yeah, Atleast people who intend going to get the Boom J8 would know better and Expect to see the headsets together with the Phone.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by topradar4(f): 7:55am On Apr 28, 2016
Q
Damiandark01:
Computer village is very tricky. Just go to shops you can recognize. If not ehn or better still go with someone.

This is what I always advice people, they should get their phones from confirmed and accredited retail shops and not quacks.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Cliveglobal1(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Oladipupo22:
lalasticlala

This issue happened to me and although I am still sad about it, I feel more awareness should be created on this. Thanks
cc: ishilove, seun, obinoscopy

Some Agencies should be in Place to check these activities of Criminals, They are giving the Phone company a bad name with their Sharp Practises.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by kick(f): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2016
I buy my devices from slot ng. its branches are nation wide. Why will I go to computer village to buy devices. I will advice people not to go there since the authorities and unions in computer village don't want to do anything about 419ners and the fraudulent transactions happening in computer village. Brand new devices are cheaper in slot compared to computer village.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by tymajek: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2016
This so true.
One road side dealer once offered to sell me an IPhone 6 for 9k. Can you imagine that?
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Cdave: 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
This thread should be for those people that like buying London used phones.......
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by sureinfo: 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
Xhaka:
Whats the essence of buying a boon j8 without the headphone

Master it is Boom j8 not "boon" j8

You`re welcome
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by saxby(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Experience is the best teacher.
winnijaf:

Yeah, Atleast people who intend going to get the Boom J8 would know better and Expect to see the headsets together with the Phone.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by oginineme(f): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Well spoken sir. Don't mind the oversabi them.
Marinza:

Bros I have been to computer village tire and I still got scammed once. How much more people who don't even know anything about Cv? Mehn na people wey DE form smart demp DE scam pass. A little advice dosnt hurt.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by oginineme(f): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol.... Well corrected, let me thank you on his behalf wink
sureinfo:

Master it is Boom j8 not "boon" j8

You`re welcome
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by oginineme(f): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol... That is good nah grin sad sad
tymajek:
This so true.
One road side dealer once offered to sell me an IPhone 6 for 9k. Can you imagine that?
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by ForeverNew(f): 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
@OP thanks for the heads-up, I have been a victim of the CV brouhaha before.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by ForeverNew(f): 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
I think they target mostly girls.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by ForeverNew(f): 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Not always ooo
saxby:
Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In Computer Village(see) by Sodebo: 12:31am On Apr 29, 2016
winnijaf:

You leave home with the mindset of buying a particular phone, but when you got there, the story changed after seeing cheaper and more attractive phones. Has it ever happened to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheapest Etisalt and Mtn bundles (250mb , 500mb and 750mb) with bonuses!!! / Reliable And Affordable Internet Data Plan.250mb=200, 1gb @#550; 5gb @#2500 / What Phone Can I Get With 120k To 140k Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.