Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,612 members, 7,958,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? (6012 Views)

Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jessicha(f): 7:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
solite3:
ol these posts are irrelevant to my question. I just ask u to show me where Jesus call his fada Jehovah nt where Jesus quote scripture BTW tank God u agreed that only one name is given for salvation not two. Who gave d name is not d mata but how many names n whose name. Pls its OK God's word is not by argument

yes, only one name given AMONG MEN. so its silly of you to bring Jehovah into the bracket , is Jehovah a man ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:

My God is called Jesus Christ

Also Jehovah Shamah, Jehovah Nissi, Jehoval Elshaddai and Jehovah Elohim. To Him be all glory, honour, power and majesty forever.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Emusan(m): 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jessicha:
yes, only one name given AMONG MEN. so its silly of you to bring Jehovah into the bracket , is Jehovah a man ?

Was Jesus Christ a man now, which name was given among men & which name are you using in your devotion everyday?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by finofaya: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Yes. It's His Noodliness the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Emusan:

Was Jesus Christ a man now, which name was given among men & which name are you using in your devotion everyday?

mr man ! regurgitating the name Jesus up and down is not what the verse is saying. it means recognizing Jesus as the key to Salvation

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
solite3:
ol these posts are irrelevant to my question. I just ask u to show me where Jesus call his fada Jehovah nt where Jesus quote scripture BTW tank God u agreed that only one name is given for salvation not two. Who gave d name is not d mata but how many names n whose name. Pls its OK God's word is not by argument

can you now answer me: do u admit Jesus Have a God ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

You have no proof allah is real. allah is within human knowledge.
Quran2: Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). (255)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2016
smoy:
Quran2: Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). (255)

This is exactly what the Chrustians think of their god. So tell me,who is wrong or right? The biggest trap a man can find himself is to be ruled by a book. Look at how you big up Allah! I don't think you ever big up yourself this way. You are what you think you are! You think Allah has the ultimate knowledge? You thought wrong my brother. Someone wrote that book.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

This is exactly what the Chrustians think of their god. So tell me,who is wrong or right? The biggest trap a man can find himself is to be ruled by a book. Look at how you big up Allah! I don't think you ever big up yourself this way. You are what you think you are! You think Allah has the ultimate knowledge? You thought wrong my brother. Someone wrote that book.
Quran Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); (12) Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed; (13) Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create! (14) After that, at length ye will die (15) Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up. (16)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2016
smoy:
Quran Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); (12) Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed; (13) Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create! (14) After that, at length ye will die (15) Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up. (16)

It's says "We" not "I". Is Allah a group of people genetically alternating a beast/ human? I think you are mistaking Extratterstrials with Allah here. This is some science/ laboratory stuff going on in the passage you quoted from.

I need to get me a Quran. This is some genetic stuff!
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

It's says "We" not "I". Is Allah a group of people genetically alternating a beast/ human? I think you are mistaking Extratterstrials with Allah here. This is some science/ laboratory stuff going on in the passage you quoted from.

If Hausa royal man wont to speak he uses plural of royalty (Mu Ne i.e We are) even his is just One king, even the English kings and Queen uses WE as sign of royalty and Yoruba also have the same and this across all other languages even when is just one person talking, it s language of royal confidence of Allah over all what He created.

that was book of over 1400 years ago without lab equipment for testing, surely you need a Qur'an and I could help with that.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by ifenes(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2016
smoy:
If Hausa royal man wont to speak he uses plural of royalty (Mu Ne i.e We are) even his is just One king, even the English kings and Queen uses WE as sign of royalty and Yoruba also have the same and this across all other languages even when is just one person talking, it s language of royal confidence of Allah over all what He created.

that was book of over 1400 years ago without lab equipment for testing, surely you need a Qur'an and I could help with that.

The book of Genesis of the bible, Sumerian tablet of creation and the Quran originated from the same place. I'm not surprised to see they all sound the same. Only that the Sumerian Tablet was much older than the other 2. Obviously they are all saying the same thing.

Don't forget the Mayans, The Inkas, Yorubas, Dogans said the same thing about visitors coming to genetically manipulated species on this planet. You mentioned " Sperm" lol. Yahweh never claimed to have used Sperm. Somehow these stories all sound alike. Let us make man in our image!
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Jozzy4:

can you now answer me: do u admit Jesus Have a God ?

been asking that same questions for ages, hope you get an answer.

imagine saying jesus quoted the old testament does not mean jesus mentioned the name of the father. They felt jesus was lying to God when he said " I have made your name known".
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

The book of Genesis of the bible, Sumerian tablet of creation and the Quran originated from the same place. I'm not surprised to see they all sound the same. Only that the Sumerian Tablet was much older than the other 2. Obviously they are all saying the same thing.

Don't forget the Mayans, The Inkas, Yorubas, Dogans said the same thing about visitors coming to genetically manipulated species on this planet. You mentioned " Sperm" lol. Yahweh never claimed to have used Sperm. Somehow these stories all sound alike. Let us make man in our image!

No the book of Genesis was suppose to be a dream of whom ever wrote it not word of God nor Jesus, though all real books of God(Injil, Zebur, Taoret) came from same Origin i.e God through prophet of each generation at time interval, but as passage of time other books were manipulated and corrupted hence the need for the last and final book from God which act as manuscript for humankind and jinkind and God then took upon Himself to protect this Last one The Qur'an from interpolation like other books.

Qur'an 21: Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (30) And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance. (31) And We have made the heavens as a canopy well guarded: yet do they turn away from the Signs which these things (point to)! (32) It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course. (33) We granted not to any man before thee permanent life (here): if then thou shouldst die, would they live permanently? (34) Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return. (35)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2016
you do know that Jesus Christ is God yh?
delishpot:

Thank you for such a positive response cool May your remaining days on earth also be full of confusion in the world of confusion you so elegantly placed me in. I hope your pill tastes as good in your mouth as you intended it to taste in mine.
NB..I have ported out of your world of concussion I hope you enjoy your stay in it though.

Last time I checked, even Jesus Christ did not mention the name of God.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:03am On Apr 28, 2016
The Eternal Word John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God , and the Word was God.

The Word Becomes Flesh John 1: 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us , and we beheld His glory , the glory as of the only begotten of the Father , full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out , saying , "This was He of whom I said , 'He who comes after me is preferred before me , for He was before me.' "

You don't know our God more than us!!!

Jozzy4:

But Jesus said he is not your God

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, [size=25] to my God and your God.’” [/size]- John 20:17

can u see ?

Jesus claim to have a God , and he said his own God IS YOUR God.

madam , do u know the God of Jesus Christ ?

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2016
who is "we"??
smoy:
Quran 6:That was the reasoning about Us, which We gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: We raise whom We will, degree after degree: for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge. (83) We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good: (84) And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous: (85) And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations: (86) (To them) and to their fathers, and progeny and brethren: We chose them, and we guided them to a straight way. (87) This is the guidance of Allah: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them. (88)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2016
yet Allah couldn't perform a single miracle using Mohammed. Jesus Is God. Even your Quran says Jesus is coming back. why is he coming back?
smoy:
Quran 5: In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things." (17)
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:44am On Apr 28, 2016
The Eternal Word John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God , and the Word was God.

3 All things were made through Him , and without Him nothing was made that was made.

The Word Becomes Flesh 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us , and we beheld His glory , the glory as of the only begotten of the Father , full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out , saying , "This was He of whom I said , 'He who comes after me is preferred before me , for He was before me.' "

Its always good to argue objectively. Jesus is God. Nothing changes that. Jesus wasn't created, he was and is the creator. why else did John say "for he was before me"??

Jozzy4:

thomas said so.
grin grin

[size=25] Jesus never claim to be your God, . John 20:17 [/size]
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2016
God himself mentioned his name.

Exodus 6:3. And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and
unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by
my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Satisfied??

solite3:
can you show me just one verse of the bible where Jesus mention his father's name
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Amberon:
The Eternal Word John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God , and the Word was God.

The Word Becomes Flesh John 1: 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us , and we beheld His glory , the glory as of the only begotten of the Father , full of grace and truth.

You don't know our God more than us!!!

grin grin Jesus said he is not your God - John 20:17

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, [size=25] to my God and your God.’” - [/size] John 20:17

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2016
and who gave that criteria, you? lmao to China!!

Your Allah is a Jesus wanabee. Why does he always refer to himself as "we"? Oh I know why!

Cuz your Allah is a counterfeiter who is steady mimicking everything GOD does- including mimicking the triune nature of GOD. Or why else would he refer to himself as "we", does he have some multiple personality disorder??

smoy:
All these gods you mentioned let put them in to test.
God according to the knowledge of human vast reasoning and according to books of generations and beliefs should;
1 have no father
2. nor mother
3. should be one
4. should be absolute
5. should feed all and fed not
6. no image
etc now if ANY of this gods fit in all this basic description then that is God.

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2016
Amen and Amen!!
UyiIredia:

Also Jehovah Shamah, Jehovah Nissi, Jehoval Elshaddai and Jehovah Elohim. To Him be all glory, honour, power and majesty forever.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by smoy: 11:58am On Apr 28, 2016
Amberon:
who is "we"??
We as used here is plural of respect and Majestic royalty of Allah over the universe, as it used by the Hausa Kingdom (Mu ne) I.e We are even it Just one king talking, Yoruba uses plural of respect, English kings uses this and even the Bible uses this same language.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Emusan(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2016
Jozzy4:

mr man ! regurgitating the name Jesus up and down is not what the verse is saying. it means recognizing Jesus as the key to Salvation

What do I expect from you before!

Then why are you shouting the name JEHOVAH up and down if Jesus is the only Key to the means of salvation?

Then do you recognise Jesus as THE KEY to your salvation or your organization is the key?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahahaha.... Allah is using "we" cuz he he has multiple personality disorder. Why use "we" if he is just one?

Trinity wanabee!
ifenes:

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
per the bolded. Its all about the trinity. The bible made it clear that God has a triune nature.

God the father,
God the Son,
The holy spirit.

Allah is a counterfeiter hence the "we".
ifenes:

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lmao at you!! there you go!

He had not yet ascended to the father. And his mission wasn't complete and didn't have the power to save because he had not yet shed his blood for the salvation of our souls.
That was why after his death this happened.

Matthew 28 : 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them , saying , "All authority (power) has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

In Hebrews 1:18 God himself said to Jesus 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne , O God , is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness isthe scepter of Your kingdom

Now why did you ignore the verse where Jesus Was said to be God!??

The joke is on you cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jozzy4:

grin grin Jesus said he is not your God - John 20:17

"Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father ; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, [size=25] to my God and your God.’” - [/size] John 20:17
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
There is a difference. Christianity is the only religion where there is an assurance of having an encounter with God while you're yet alive.

Jeremiah 29: 13 And you will seek Me and find Me , when you search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 33: 3 'Call to Me , and I will answer you , and show you great and mighty things , which you do not know.'

Islam and other religions don't have such guarantees!!
ifenes:

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by simplex2: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
The only God I know is myself.

I carter for myself, I feed myself, I house myself.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Amberon:
Lmao at you!! there you go!

He had not yet ascended to the father. And his mission wasn't complete and didn't have the power to save because he had not yet shed his blood for the salvation of our souls.
That was why after his death this happened.
Matthew 28 : 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them , saying , "All authority (power) has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

and he said that Father is his God and YOUR GOD - john 20:17 grin

Now why did you ignore the verse where Jesus Was said to be God!??

grin Jesus is God , but he have a GOD !!! do u belive this ?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Amberon: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
God himself said this.

Hebrews 1: 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne , O God is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

How about that??

Jozzy4:

and he said that Father is his God and YOUR GOD - john 20:17 grin

grin Jesus is God , but he have a GOD !!! do u belive this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Christian Women Should Take Care Of Their Hair / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.