Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin (17558 Views)

Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / Twitter User Who Requested For Donations Reportedly Turns Out To Be Scam / How 6 Ekiti Doctors Died, Survivor Recounts - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by budusky05(m): 9:22am On Apr 28, 2016
Things fall apart 1
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Olukologia(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2016
Stories that are not supposed to be heard. Abeg NLders, I'm broke anybody to help?
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by tobe4real(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2016
After reading this i have tears dropping from my eyes,i weep for Nigeria cry
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by texazzpete(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Fadelex:
firstly, I sympathize with the families of the lost souls, may God almighty comfort them in this hard time.
I can see everybody descending on the police, you people couldn't even verify the story before crucifying them. I bet most of you abusing the police are the same set of people that crashed their recruitment website. The doctor insisted the accident wasn't caused by overspeeding, can he tell us what caused it? I ply this road every week and I'm telling you accident can only occur there due to overspeeding as it is a dualized road from abuja to kano.

People are rightly descending on the Police because
1) It is thoroughly in keeping with past antecedents of the Nigerian Police, where even bribes are often sought before response to armed robbery attacks

2) it is also not plausible that a vehicle containing senior medical doctors would be over-speeding seriously without the medical doctors - who know all too well the dangers of over-speeding - calling him to order

Fadelex:

Lastly, when we say the country is in total mess, the doctor dont get it I guessed. the same way doctors dont attend to emergency situations unless deposit are made is the samr way police treated them. the police might not have fuel in their vehicle, so was the doc expecting preferential treatment? all sectors need to be sanitized before we can attain greatness.

i think now we can see the root cause of your beef.
There is a big difference. Doctors usually aren't the owners of the hospitals, and the hospital proprietors often mandate payment for all services. While it is tragic in many cases, there are innumerable cases of patients being treated and failing to pay, ensuring severe sanctions on the doctor who himself has mouths to feed. You should devote your energies to push for a more widespread health insurance program in Nigeria so people are treated.

On the other hand, it is the duty of Police to carry those people. The vehicles, fuel and time of the police officers are already being paid for by Nigerian taxpayers. It is a DUTY for Police to carry survivors without any payment or bribe. No contest

4 Likes

Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by wandeykul(f): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Ogunseyii:
Just negodu... . This country is finished angry
Pls what's the meaning of negodu?
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Reference(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2016
Fadelex:
firstly, I sympathize with the families of the lost souls, may God almighty comfort them in this hard time.
I can see everybody descending on the police, you people couldn't even verify the story before crucifying them. I bet most of you abusing the police are the same set of people that crashed their recruitment website. The doctor insisted the accident wasn't caused by overspeeding, can he tell us what caused it? I ply this road every week and I'm telling you accident can only occur there due to overspeeding as it is a dualized road from abuja to kano.
Lastly, when we say the country is in total mess, the doctor dont get it I guessed. the same way doctors dont attend to emergency situations unless deposit are made is the samr way police treated them. the police might not have fuel in their vehicle, so was the doc expecting preferential treatment? all sectors need to be sanitized before we can attain greatness.

Stop making excuses. What is bad is bad. If you so love the police, this is not tne thread to express it.

Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2016
kumakunta:

Because na Buhari they rule their souls abi
HAHAHAHAHAH..... Abeg ask am again.... grin
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by henrygale(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2016
God help us.
God be with us.
Service of songs for our dead colleagues about to begin at NMA house ado ekiti, ekiti state.
Details later.
We continue to mourn our departed colleagues.
MAy their souls rest in peace.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by ChelseaDr(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Fadelex:

Chaaii!!
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by MiztaSanchez22(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2016
In each tears,there's a lesson.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Paschal55(m): 9:35am On Apr 28, 2016
This is sad, but in the other way round, they are all birds of the same feather, Nigerian Doctors would allow a dying patient to die because there is no deposit, or an undertaker, especially accident victims, may God give the families of the Lost Ones the fortitude to bear the Lost...
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Dapsin2901: 9:38am On Apr 28, 2016
Am 100% sure of the police case they must collect money but when our FRSC people turn to this! I don't NO.......
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by moyin2009: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2016
FRSC came 40 minutes later and now given account of what did not happened in their presence. Nigeria Police ..... shame on you. NMA! see the law of karma, when you also in your office as a Doctor don't attend to patients until financial deposits are made. lesson to all. If you don't want to reap it don't sow it.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by donbenie(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2016
wandeykul:
Negodu=Look at..Just look at..#Igbo
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Nwaisuochi(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2016
wandeykul:
Negodu means "Buhari is a terrorist "
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by BolaLFC(f): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2016
Not just the police, every sector in Nigeria need to be seriously looked into. Even the doctors re not left out, many have died due to their negligence, lives tht could be saved won't be cos of a few thousands of Naira. The Police are just one prt of our problems, not all
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Seawhy(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2016
Nigerians ndoo (sorry).
For a law enforcement agency to collect bribe before discharging their duty is a crime. Just imagine, the accident happened and 40 mins the victtims were yet to be conveyed to hospital. It is obvious that some died out of pains and more lives would have been saved. They (frsc) are now attributing the accident to over speeding. Thank God some Doctors that survived it are refuting the claims otherwise Nigerians would have believed frsc just as we believed them in the minister of labour for state's own. We appeal to frsc and police to keep on being our friend by doing the needful at the right time, life has no duplicate.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by abumeinben(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2016
keyremotes:
SHAME TO THE POLICE AND FRSC. BIG SHAME.

Bro,

I totally regret the action of these federal bodies.

But do you know how many patients die on the hospital weekly just because of the inhuman oath of pay before treatment?

I pray we don't experience this sha.

A neighbor, who was vomiting blood was referred to Eko hospital in Ikeja, and they asked he deposited 2m before any procedure. You're not even sure he's gonna make it.

I see it as a pay back. But all these gotta stop
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by christopher123(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2016
God why did you create me a Nigerian ? God pls can you make Biafra real. I am tired of these madness

Human lives are not valued anymore
Authorities lie recklessly
Hospitals and doctors ask for money before handling emergency
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by 4C2215131: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2016
God rest and bless the dead.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by 4C2215131: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2016
Fadelex:

Touche!
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by cybriz82(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2016
Sharap there my frnd!!! Doctorz n nursez worst pass police.who are dey tryin to deieve 1st time d doctorz said iz wz d 1st hospital dey went to dat delay dem if nt der collegue wud av survive.n nw anoda 1 dey blame police....y Police no go do shakara for dem when doctors n nurse sabi reject accident victim too.well na dem sabi.may der soul rest in peace.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by famzynet: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2016
The Nigerian Police is possessed by an evil demon called corruption. I see no hope in their attitude stopping because this country is finished. Our leaders don't give a damn! The people have lost hope. Only God can liberate us.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Fadelex(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2016
Leopantro:

THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT, ACCORDING TO THIS BACKWARD THINKING GENTLEMAN (AND I USE THE WORD FREELY) HENCEFORTH WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO UNDERTAKE A JOURNEY KINDLY TAKE BRIBE MONEY FOR THE POLICE. ALSO ENSURE THAT SUCH MONEY IS EASY TO ASSESS BOTH TO YOU AND THE POLICE IN CASE YOU DIE IN THE ACCIDENT.

this has been another public service information from members of the police force
and next time you're traveling, you should also ensure you have money to pay for your medical bill in your pocket just in case you're involved in an accident.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by famzynet: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
cybriz82:
Sharap there my frnd!!! Doctorz n nursez worst pass police.who are dey tryin to deieve 1st time d doctorz said iz wz d 1st hospital dey went to dat delay dem if nt der collegue wud av survive.n nw anoda 1 dey blame police....y Police no go do shakara for dem when doctors n nurse sabi reject accident victim too.well na dem sabi.may der soul rest in peace.

Doctors and nurses don't just purposely decide to reject accident victims. You can see that even these doctors were not attended to when they were taken to the hospital. The problem is the government and law on ground. The hospitals are not well equipped,no stable health insurance scheme on ground and the hospital management will instruct that a patient has to open folder before any doctor or nurse can attend to such person. Opening folder is not free but requires money. Any doctor or nurse that does otherwise is queried and may lose his or her job. Any drug or drip written by e doctor has to be paid for by the patient or his relation before it can be given. Even the nurse or doctor cannot collect the drug or drip without paying for them. So you see the system is messed up. The protocols just much and useless. And even sometimes ,these nurses and doctors use their personnel money to pay for certain patients in emergency and at the end are not reembursed or appreciated. Please blame the government not doctors and nurses who try their best.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Man2utd(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
Big disgrace on the police, but this is just one of the many evils committed by people who are meant to protect public interest, you can imagine, I have been to IKDC on ikosi road oregun to complain about a fault with our transformer and no one has made an attempt to check what the fault is since Monday, I went to their office and the staff I met was like I should drop something and since I refused to bribe him, he gave me another of their staffs number who is always on errant or not in the office today, the amazing thing is that it won't take 5 min to change the faulty fuse. Our check and balance system needs to be strengthened.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by cybriz82(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2016
God bless u jor u av spoken well.I remember when my bro hz an accident iiz wz d police patrol van dat took him to d hospital uduth sokoto..sum1 dat wz bleedin thru d nose mouth n ear..dey didn't evn bother to touch instead dey wer tellin d police to call hiz people so dat we cn cme n deposit sum cash b4 dey cn start treatment on him.1 of d policeman took pity on my bro n pay d money b4 dey start d treatment.I ws der with my bro watchin him arnd 2am when he stop breathin n all d doctorz and nurse wer inside der office sleepin I rush to d office knockin d door bt dey heard me bt wudnt ansa.I hz to peep thru d window to my surprise d guy wz evn askin me what! What!! Evn when I told him d situation on ground d guy just hiss like am disturbin iz sleep oboy na beg I begin beg ooo n with slow motion he stood. up.and attend to my bro thnkz God 4 hiz life.mek una no mind my typo.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2016
Nigerians demand bribe ontop human blood and fatality..

Nigerians. Kai ..
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by nwaimoroseyaho: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2016
crixtex:
This Buhari's regime ehn... is something else... I thought as d man entered corruption will suddenly come to a halt.. buh alas!...

lying is not corruption grin
crixtex:
This Buhari's regime ehn... is something else... I thought as d man entered corruption will suddenly come to a halt.. buh alas!...

lying is not corruption.
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2016
crixtex:

In liar Muhammed's voice, corruption is fighting back..
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by almousty: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2016
crixtex:
Its not a fairy tale movie were u av magic wand!!!
Re: Police Requested For Bribe To Rescue Ekiti Doctors-Survivor Debunks Over-speedin by zubino(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2016
I think we should call a spade a spade, if NPF is full of criminals , it means Nigeria is about to ploy another 10,000 criminals. God hv mercy!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware / How I Can Slim Down And Lose Belly Fat Fast / Brain Drain: FG Moves To Hire Nigerian Doctors Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.