Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? (662 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Where Is Kelechi Iheanacho / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? by sholasure(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2016
Improbably, Manchester City have made their way to the Uefa Champions League semi-finals in surprisingly easy fashion, and faced their toughest test so far on Tuesday night in the form of Real Madrid. When elfin conjurer David Silva came off with injury, it was Iheanacho, rather than Raheem Sterling, the most expensive English footballer in history, who was summoned off the bench by Manuel Pellegrini.

Yet, in the midst of all this positivity, there is remarkably something to quibble about. Rather bizarrely, there has arisen quite a thrum of discontent revolving around, of all things, the nature of his goal celebrations--of which a few have been solitary, quite unlike the avalanche of bodies sliding and cascading off one another like was popular in the 90s.

This angst fed into his appearance against 10-time European champions Real Madrid - which was, by the way, sadly ineffectual - during which there were murmurings to the effect that Iheanacho was being ignored even in good positions. This fed the flame, casting the shadow of a young lad either out of touch with the rest of the team or the subject of envy...
So here comes the question...is he really being ignored?
Re: Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? by coded01: 12:21am On Apr 29, 2016
Cc Raumdeuter, TheGoodJoe
Re: Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? by MathsChic(f): 12:27am On Apr 29, 2016
From what I have seen so far about this lad's celebrations, you could be right. But Kelechi also needs to understand that at certain times it's good when you go to celebrate with your mates, rather than just run off to the corner two fingers in the air expecting them to run after you. I saw the first goal he scored against Stoke? or Swansea? He netted two goals then. After scoring that goal, he needed to go celebrate with the man who assisted him in scoring. There was absolutely every reason to. Instead, he headed off by himself two fingers in the air.
If you ask me, I say he is rightly being ignored. He needs to check his ego.

It's Stoke as I confirmed in this gif below.

https://media./media/WBFJSxdsJXpe0/giphy.gif

4 Likes

Re: Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? by coded01: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2016
^^^ I agree with you...
Re: Is Kelechi Iheanacho Being Ignored At Man City? by bigtt76(f): 2:23am On Apr 29, 2016
Very true! The one that got me thinking was when he dragged the ball with Sterling for a penalty kick all because he wanted a hat-trick. Professional players thoughts are always for team work and not personal glory. You work hard for your team and not expect them to pass you the ball at all times. Create chances for others and above all felicitate with the one who did all the dirty job of feeding you the ball. IMO ...I see him as being too pompous and that may cost him a lot especially under Pep Guardiola.

MathsChic:
From what I have seen so far about this lad's celebrations, you could be right. But Kelechi also needs to understand that at certain times it's good when you go to celebrate with your mates, rather than just run off to the corner two fingers in the air expecting them to run after you. I saw the first goal he scored against Stoke? or Swansea? He netted two goals then. After scoring that goal, he needed to go celebrate with the man who assisted him in scoring. There was absolutely every reason to. Instead, he headed off by himself two fingers in the air.
If you ask me, I say he is rightly being ignored. He needs to check his ego.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Plsss / Top 10 Facts You Might Not Know About Muhammad Ali / Russia Handed Suspended Expulsion From Euro 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.