Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup (60264 Views)

Leicester Players Celebrate Kelechi Iheanacho In Locker Room For Everton Goal(Ph / Yaya Toure Leaves Olympiacos After Three Months! / Fact Or Fallacy: Iheanacho In Hot Water For Refusal To Sign Reps. Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Whether it's Alex Song thinking he was being asked to lift a trophy, or Mathieu Flamini shocked that he wasn't man of the match, we've all seen our fair share of awkward moments in post-match presentations.

But Yaya Toure and Kelechi Iheanacho topped that with their mix-up at the end of Manchester City's win over Hull.

Toure was named man of the match, after an all-action display which culminated in him scoring the first, and decisive, goal from the penalty spot.

Iheanacho, who had added the second of City's three was also invited to give his post-match thoughts, and both men seemed to be giving the TV cameras the sort of platitudes expected after a hard-fought, but expected, Premier League win.

But then came the awkward moment as Toure, who had earlier in the interview mentioned that it was his son's birthday on Christmas Day, was handed the award.

'Oh nice, thank you very much, I will give it to my boy then,' said the Ivorian midfielder.

Iheanacho, however, had presumably not been listening to the heart-warming tale of Toure Jnr telling his father he was destined to score a Boxing Day goal, and assumed that 'my boy' was simply a term of endearment for Toure Snr's Nigerian team-mate.

The striker reached out to take the award he thought he was being given, only for Yaya to start laughing, slap his hand away and say 'No, it's not you, my boy!'

Toure than wandered off, laughing along with the interviewer, as Iheanacho looked confused and, let's face it, a little hurt.

Still, as the young forward had told us three times in his interview beforehand, the most important gift for City was the three points, so maybe he won't be too disappointed to have missed out on the personal award.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4066912/Yaya-Toure-embarrasses-Kelechi-Iheanacho-man-match-mix-up.html

Watch video here :https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/813470752934543360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

cc : lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by ayoolar011(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
grin my boy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by kamatofeelz(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
iheanacho fit senior u sef. lol my Boy!

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2016
I was so happy when I watched that scene....

AFRICA has hope, if we can prevent eediots from leading the reasonable people.
LEADERSHIP is never meant for DULL PEOPLE.

REASONABLE PEOPLE should start vying for political seats....
GHANA and TANZANIA should be examples for other Black Nations to follow.
Most GHANAIAN presidents are sound upstairs.
Highly cerebral people.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by ikp120(m): 12:28am On Dec 27, 2016
EVILFOREST:
I was so happy when I watched that scene....

AFRICA has hope, if we can prevent eediots from leading the reasonable people.
LEADERSHIP is never meant for DULL PEOPLE.

REASONABLE PEOPLE should start vying for political seats....
GHANA and TANZANIA should be examples for other Black Nations to follow.
Most GHANAIAN presidents are sound upstairs.
Highly cerebral people.

Take this from me as a Christmas gift:
"No human being on this earth is dull. The people we call dull, most of the time, are simply very brilliant and gifted fellows whose brilliance and gifting have left confused. But given the right atmosphere, mentorship and coaching, they will prove their critics wrong" --- Ikp120

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by truthspeaks: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2016
Something like Wizkid's snub at the headies embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by falcon01: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
angry
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Chikelue2000(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
Kelechi should scoop dis award pls
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by KellyKertz(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
grin grin

At least He is better than RASHFORD!!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
tongue

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by emeijeh(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2016
G

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by osaslord500(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2016
cheesy
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by falcon01: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2016
ikp120:

Take this from me as a Christmas gift:
"No human being on this earth is dull. The people we call dull, most of the time, are simply very brilliant and gifted fellows whose brilliance and gifting have left confused. But given the right atmosphere, mentorship and coaching, they will prove their critics wrong" --- Ikp120
walai. Some dull can never learn anything the brain is already locked

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by teaseryoh: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2016
Lol awkward indeed
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2016
cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by joshlegend02(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2016
The earlier Toure realizes that Iheanacho is the star manning city...the better

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2016
Afonja abiakwa ozo..to spoil the name of our only Ihenacho. Of all the embarrassment by Buhari in Germany, this made front page?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by 0b10010011: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2016
If Kelechi Iheanacho had graced the Headies award, he definitely would have the "Best upcoming act"
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by daddyyo(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2016
For Ihenancho mind now

8 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2016
Probably one of the biggest ela of thr season. grin

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by iammdshola(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2016
OK lorititiyi #symbolofhope
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by fortunechy(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2016
Thank God MMM is finally back.. He is my uncle Mazi Mathias Mmaduabuchi , so we call him MMM. He has been abroad for like 10 years without providing help or gotten help, anyway he came back last night.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by paschal47(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Cubeet: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2016
Both laughed over it.
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by chimah3(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Yaya 2 Ray

If they were women now... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Cubeet:
Both laughed over it.

Not really

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Janitoh2: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2016
Too funny grin
Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Nedu1982(f): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2016
See twins grin my darling nacho

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup by Montaque(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2016
Nacho. You have been in contest with the best in a tough turf like the etihad. Our chi is with you, and like all true obi around the world, you will trounce ur equals and come out the best.
They will soon beg u to take better awards. Just keep on keeping on. We love ur efforts yesterday, I felt proud of a brother like u

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Serbia: International Friendly 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award / See Photo Of The Survivors Of The Football Viewing Center Tragedy In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.