Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? (1701 Views)

How To Recover Data From An SD Card Or Hard Drive / Easy Way To Repair A Corrupted Memory Card Using Cmd - NCT / We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? by meettosin87(m): 3:02am On Apr 29, 2016
How To Repair Corrupted Pen Drive or SD Card In Simple Steps?
by Emmycolony on Apr 29, 2016 –
How to repair pen drive
Short Bytes: In this article, I am going to tell you about various methods which will help you to repair your corrupted SD card or Pen drive. Very often we face this problem of a corrupted storage device and this guide will surely answer all your questions.
Dealing with a corrupted SD card or pen drive is a tedious task. We spend hours to get back our storage into working condition but get nothing. This article comprises of various methods which will help you repair your corrupted pen drive or SD card.
For SD card, you will have to insert it into the slot provided in your computer or by using a card reader. Use adapter if you have a microSD card. It will not work if you connect some device having the SD card like a smartphone or a camera. Check out these different methods.
Different methods to repair corrupted pen drive or SD card:
Change the drive letter
Sometimes your computer is unable to assign drive letters (like C, D, E) to your storage media. Due to this reason the files on it can’t be accessed. To resolve this issue, you can assign the drive letter to your device.
How to change drive letter in windows
Here are the simple steps to fix the corrupted pen drive or memory card by assigning a correct drive letter:

Connect your storage media to your computer.
Right Click on My Computer/ This PC. Click Manage in the drop down menu.
Click Disk Management in the left side and wait for a few seconds so that Windows can load the Virtual disk service.
Right Click on your storage media and click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Click the drive letter (it will turn blue) and click Change.
Select the drive letter from the drop-down list. Click Ok.

Try to use it on another PC
Maybe the issue is specifically on your PC. Try connecting your SD card or pen drive to another computer. Hopefully, it may work and you’ll be able to backup your data from it.
Reinstall the drivers
There are times when the drivers that runs your pen drive get corrupted and our PC will not be able to detect your storage media. You can reinstall drivers by these simple steps:
uninstall pen drive

Right click My Computer/ This PC. Click Manage.
Click Device Manager on the left side.
Double-Click Disk Drives in the list. Right Click on the name of your pen drive.
Click Uninstall. Click Ok.
read more....http://mytechcolony..com.ng/2016/04/repair-corrupted-pen-drive-or-sd-card.html
Re: Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? by ikubch(m): 3:31am On Apr 29, 2016
meettosin87:

How To Repair Corrupted Pen Drive or SD Card In Simple Steps?
by Emmycolony on Apr 29, 2016 –
How to repair pen drive
Short Bytes: In this article, I am going to tell you about various methods which will help you to repair your corrupted SD card or Pen drive. Very often we face this problem of a corrupted storage device and this guide will surely answer all your questions.
Dealing with a corrupted SD card or pen drive is a tedious task. We spend hours to get back our storage into working condition but get nothing. This article comprises of various methods which will help you repair your corrupted pen drive or SD card.
For SD card, you will have to insert it into the slot provided in your computer or by using a card reader. Use adapter if you have a microSD card. It will not work if you connect some device having the SD card like a smartphone or a camera. Check out these different methods.
Different methods to repair corrupted pen drive or SD card:
Change the drive letter
Sometimes your computer is unable to assign drive letters (like C, D, E) to your storage media. Due to this reason the files on it can’t be accessed. To resolve this issue, you can assign the drive letter to your device.
How to change drive letter in windows
Here are the simple steps to fix the corrupted pen drive or memory card by assigning a correct drive letter:

Connect your storage media to your computer.
Right Click on My Computer/ This PC. Click Manage in the drop down menu.
Click Disk Management in the left side and wait for a few seconds so that Windows can load the Virtual disk service.
Right Click on your storage media and click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Click the drive letter (it will turn blue) and click Change.
Select the drive letter from the drop-down list. Click Ok.

Try to use it on another PC
Maybe the issue is specifically on your PC. Try connecting your SD card or pen drive to another computer. Hopefully, it may work and you’ll be able to backup your data from it.
Reinstall the drivers
There are times when the drivers that runs your pen drive get corrupted and our PC will not be able to detect your storage media. You can reinstall drivers by these simple steps:
uninstall pen drive

Right click My Computer/ This PC. Click Manage.
Click Device Manager on the left side.
Double-Click Disk Drives in the list. Right Click on the name of your pen drive.
Click Uninstall. Click Ok.
read more....http://mytechcolony..com.ng/2016/04/repair-corrupted-pen-drive-or-sd-card.html
I do it in simpler steps using window xp.
Insert sd via sd reader
Click start on window and click on RUN
Type CHKDSK and allow the XP repair the SD card. I do it several times when my card get corrupt!

1 Like

Re: Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps? by bdauran: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2017
ikubch:

I do it in simpler steps using window xp.
Insert sd via sd reader
Click start on window and click on RUN
Type CHKDSK and allow the XP repair the SD card. I do it several times when my card get corrupt!
Can it be done on w7?

(1) (Reply)

HDD Password! Please Help / Sweet Laptop Deals **Updated** / How Can I View .rar Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.