Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife (1914 Views)

Tiantian: Chinese Baby Born 4 Years After The Death Of The Parents / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by Nobody: 4:14am On Apr 29, 2016
On the 26th of April in the afternoon around some minutes to after 1, I was on Afternoon duty at work,i am set to leave for work, my wife complained of headache,she later went to toilet but to my surprise she said she can't stand up again,her voice has changed she had slurry speech,I cleaned up for her, took her to bed, dressed her, carried her to Motayo hospital Ikeja around 2:30pm
She was placed on bed,checked her BP to be 150/80,the Dr said the BP is high but not too much,she was placed on drips (2drips actually) and was given injection
They later moved her up to the second floor,around 3:30pm to room 203,she vomited around 4:10pm,i called nurse placed in her care(Tabhi by name), she came to set the drips well, and clean her face, she said she will call cleaner to clean the floor, she left,i waited nobody came after an hour plus until I went out to rake for them
Around after 7pm in the evening, she has slept, her condition was stabled,i have a little baby boy of 11 months ,he had earlier drop my phone inside water at home while attending to his mum, and I needed to take permission from work,i called the nurse to give me an hour that I needed to get to work to take permission and some days leave, she promised to stay with her
I came back to Motayo hospital around 8:30pm
But to my surprise My wife that I left sleeping on bed with clothes on, sleeping with drips on her body, I met her naked,she fell down on the floor,her right eye had swollen as a result of the fall
I was mad, shaking & crying,one young lady Dr later entered(though had come to check my wife drips and BP before I left, but I was thinking maybe she's a nurse but not on uniform),I asked after nurse Tabhi, she came, I asked her what happened, she said she just left her now IMAGINE, I felt like strangled her,i asked her what's she doing on the floor, why is she naked,why,why why, who removed her clothes, she said she's not the one
We carried her,put her on bed, her breathing has changed, we called her name, no more response
I called my elder brother who is a consultant Dr, I explained things to him, he spoke with the Dr
That from little I told him her condition is likely to be CVA(partial stroke) ,to cut the story short I lost my wife around 11:15pm
The hospital said she died of cardiopulmonary and suposis complicated by seizure while autopsy revealed the real cause of death is stroke CVA and hypertension so they managed her for wrong medication
I need justice because of negligence on Motayo's hospital nurse and Dr,a healthy person can fall off bed and died let alone a seriously I'll patient
Secondly she was given wrong medication which accelerated her death
She gave birth to her first child of 5 years there,also the second one of 11months,they have her medical history
I NEED JUSTICE
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by eleko1: 4:45am On Apr 29, 2016
sad Motayo iS a useless hospital. U Should have rush ur wife to LaSuth.Take heart embarassed sad
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by Nakairogold(f): 5:49am On Apr 29, 2016
Take heart bro, may her soul RIP and may the good Lord comfort you and your family. cry
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by chriskosherbal(m): 6:15am On Apr 29, 2016
The hospital authorities should, as a matter of importance check the lackadaisical attitude Of these nurses.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by PresVA: 6:46am On Apr 29, 2016
OMG , accept my sympathy bro... really so sad cry cry cry
Can't even imagine that cry cry cry

How a patient could fall to the ground, remove her clothes ettcc and no hospital worker noticed is just so sad. . Even the nurse you left to care for her

May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss, it's well bro..
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2016
Who removed her clothes? Why? And they cldnt answer. Well I won't advice u against finding justise. Pls take care of those kids. May God almighty be with u and ur kids.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by janefarms2015: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2016
Take heart brother, its normal to grieve wen u loose someone close to you in death, even Jesus christ, despite having d power to wake up his dead friend wept, our hope is in d ressurection as guaranteed by d bible, pls the favour you can do to her memories now is to take kia of d baby left behind and seek justice, the hospital must be closed down and nurses nd doctors involved penalised. Thousands of nairalanders are grieving wt u, you are not alone, but be a man, wake up! Visit jw.org pls

1 Like

Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by Aminat508(f): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2016
OMG cry cry cry

Sorry!!!!

May Allah give you the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by Funjosh(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2016
Sad! Sad!! Sad!!!
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by VintageCocktail(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2016
Sorry for your loss bro.

Sentiments aside...
This is defamation and it is better to err on the side of caution when addressing sensitive issues like this.
A nurse is saddled with the responsible to care for the sick and the healthy, deviating from that is unprofessional. Do you bother to get the details of the said nurse to ensure who you are dealing with ..whether a quack aka auxiliary or a qualified nurse who knows what close monitoring means. A diagnosis that includes seizures may explain the falling off from the bed and her breathing didn't change because she fell rather it changed because of the seizures she was having and its associated complications.
She was admitted not less than 12 hours before she gave up, what investigations were carried out and was she a known hypertensive patient?
[b][/b]I ask after nurse Tabhi, she came, I asked her what happened, she said she just left her now IMAGINE, I felt like strangled her,i asked her what's she doing on the floor, why is she Unclad,why,why why, who removed her clothes, she said she's not the one
I won't hold brief for this nurse but who knows whether she may be the only nurse on duty covering the shift. You saw her at 2.30pm and saw her again at 11.15 pm after afternoon shift has ended, what sort of short staffed personnel are they running at that hospital. Afternoon duty closes by 8pm, why is she still there if they are not short staffed?
She was employed by the hospital to take care of all their admitted patients irrespective of how many they are and so, she is not exclusively for your wife. So I suggest you sue the hospital management for running a shortstaffed clinics so that both the doctor and the nurse will tell their own side of the story instead of this social media defamation.

Rip Adeola.

2 Likes

Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2016
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by SirVintageCock: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
elele251:
Vintagecocktail and all for ur concern, I appreciate u all, God bless u all
Vintagecocktail talk of defamation anyway tks
I'm not seeking justice Cos of the death of my wife but negligence on their part and wrong medication, we have been using the hospital for 7years, how come they didn't detect she's hypertensive ,we checked her records all her BP results are very good
She gave birth to our two children there
Secondly I left to take permission from work at 7 came back 8:30 and she assured me to be with her
They gave her gentamicin which I learnt will make her weak even cause her death
The death certificate result from the hospital is different from what autopsy reveal
I even learnt death certificate should not suppose to be issue for a person that died within 24 hrs on presentation until autopsy is done that is a coroner case according to my company Dr and my elder brother who is a consultant
I'm not saying Motayo killed my wife but I want to fight for negligence on their own part and wrong medication

Then, we have to question the competency of the doctors and nurses working there. I mean both diagnoses ( postmortem And antemortem) are not even related. I may be wrong though.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by ayolight(f): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
Wat a sad story. Sir, God ll stand by u and give u strength to care for d baby. Hmmmm... GOD we need ur help in our dear Country
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by mummyf(f): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Sorry about your loss. This is so sad. I hope the cause of her death will be properly investigated.most nigerian hospitals know how to treat only malaria and thyphoid.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by nukky77(f): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
may her gentle soul rest in peace, too painful.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Accelerated the death of my wife by surgecom(m): 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
So for your loss bros.

Some laws need to be enacted to caution all these nonchalant attitudes of nurses and the hospitals as a whole.

May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

(1) (Reply)

Three Keys To Getting Pregnant Fast. / Natural Remedies For Goitre / Forever Living Aloe Vera Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.