Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 (7139 Views)

Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / Hilarious Conversation Between MTN Care And A Customer(Audio) / How I Was Scammed By Tecno Carl Care.(RESOLVED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Bought an of infinix zero 3 exactly two weeks ago as my receipt would show from callus Miller artillery junction pH for 58k. Went through the process of fully charging the phone and all that before using. This would be my first infinix phone. Am usually either using a Samsung or HTC phone. Back to my story. I tried charging the phone that same night and noticed it was having issues seeing the charger. It eventually recognized the charger (its own charger was all I used) and charged up properly. Little did I know that was the first sure sign of trouble. About 10 days after That. The phone would not charge beyond 1%.tried charging another phone(a galaxy note edge) with the infinix charger and the Samsung charged well. So it was nothing to do with the charger that came with the phone. Decided to go back to callus Miller the very next day to know what was happening.
Had to drive all the way from upth to callus Miller PH at artillery Junction (pH residents would understand) the next day. Packaged the phone and took it there. The sales girl and manager at callus Miller urged me to take it first to the carl care place at slot rumubiakani to know what's wrong with it and that I should get back to them. Rumubiakani was close to the callus Miller so I decided to go to the carl care Center. (It's worth noting that I had a problem with a factory defective white blackberry Q10 I bought at callus Miller December 2014 and they gave me a new black blackberry Q10 February 2015 under warranty. It took them three months to give me a new phone after going there 5 times.) located the slot rumubiakani eventually and went upstairs to the carl care Center. I was given the number 100 cos there where a lot of people ahead of me. This was Tuesday the 26th of April 2016. Eventually saw a customer care rep who took the phone and gave me a receipt that they'd look at it and fix it under warranty. Told me they'd call or text before Friday. I Called them on Wednesday cos I realized they wouldn't be able to reach me cos I didn't have a phone. Quoted the WO number to the girl that answered and she said it wasn't ready. That I should Call back the next day. Called the next day Thursday. A man picked and asked for the WO number. He called my name to verify it was me. He told me my phone was ready. Drove back down from upth to rumubiakani a second time. Picked up the phone after a 45 minute wait. The phone was on 61%then so i figured it must have been fixed since it wasn't going beyond 1%. Noticed scratches at the back of the phone where they must have opened it to fix it. Didn't mind. I had already decided to not buy another in infinix phone ever again. Got home that same day. Used it till night. Then it got to 5% and I had to charge it. Plugged it in and kept watching the Liverpool Vs Villarreal match. After a few minutes I checked and noticed it had dropped from 5% to 4% and it was still plugged in! After a few minutes it went off and we fused charging as it had been doing before. This is a two week old phone and am back to the same problem. Going to callus Miller PH today to return it. This is sub standard rubbish infinix is selling. I hope I won't have to wait three months before they give me a new phone. Would keep Naira landers updated.!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by khalhokage(m): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2016
Please keep us updated o, I always hear bad things about CarlCare.
Customer service is rubbish in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by timbros(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2016
I feel for you bro.

Just return the trash and make sure they give you a new one. NEVER agree to fixing this one. Insist on replacement.

That was how I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7inch in the Samsung Shop in Trans Amadi on December 1st. It cost me 110k.

Barely 3 weeks later, it started malfunctioning. Keeps rebooting itself endlessly. And the worst part is that I used it for only 2 weeks because the first week, I just packaged it at home till I bought the casing before I start using it.

When I returned it, they told me that their care centre have closed for the year, that I should wait till January before they will look into it. I told them I need a replacement, that I won't touch that Tab again. The lady said they only do replacement if I had bought it back like 2 or 3 days later after buying it.

You should have seen the commotion I caused there that day! I insisted that they replace my device. I can't invest 110k in a device and barely 3 weeks later they start fiddling with it in the name of repairs....Kai I was so mad that day. The whole building shake nah lol... They had to call their manager on phone (she wasn't around).

Finally the manager agreed to change it but said that white colour is no longer in stock. I told them no problem let them give me black. They gave me the black, join am with apologies sef....Till now the Tab is working smoothly.

Insist on replacement my brother. And open eye for them o. If you dull, they will coerce you into repairing it.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2016
Receipt

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2016
More pictures

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
More

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 12:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Got to callus Miller. Was told the manager wasn't around after I was directed to 4 different people. Was eventually told to go back to the Carl care Center. The guy at callus Miller was helpful and he gave me the number of the man in charge of Carl care port Harcourt. I called and he was very apologetic. He told me to call him back when I get to the Carl care Center at rumubiakani. Got there, called him and he spoke to the manager in charge who wasted close to an hour checking for the fault in the phone. Told them I didn't want to fix it. I want it replaced. They where very apologetic and eventually took the phone and pack with all its accessories.they told me they'd give me a brand new one in 7 working days. That they have to send the bad phone to Lagos. Blah blah blah. They gave me a tecno Y3 temporarily to use while I wait for the new phone.
Don't understand why I had to wait close to an hour there to hear that and why I couldn't get a brand new phone immediately. Here's hoping I get a brand new phone and not some refurbished nonsense. Will keep updates coming
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by timbros(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2016
At least they have agreed to replace it. That's a positive development.

But if I were you, I wouldn't have collected the Tecno. What's stops them from replacing your device there and then? It's not as if they don't have it in stock.

Anyhow sha, let's wait and see what will happen in 7 working days.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by kesses: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2016
carlcare like every service center has different kind of people working for them. Some are just plain stupid. When my C8 had a problem i took it there and d lady just told me you will have to pay for the broken screen. I was like, hear what the problem is first and she was just sounding very rude. I got angry and started exchanging words with her until a gentleman came around and explained in a reasonable manner about their policy. I have a feeling they will definitely change that phone for you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 10:27am On May 01, 2016
Receipt from carl care

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 3:19pm On May 03, 2016
No calls from carl care yet. Today is the 3rd working day.wondering if they're just going to manufacture the new phone. .am aware they've probably got their technicians looking for a way to make the bad phone my fault! Should have just added up money and gone for the HTC desire 820s.used it last year and it was incredible .
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by Carlcaresophia: 10:22am On May 06, 2016
aoshea18:
Bought an of infinix zero 3 exactly two weeks ago as my receipt would show from callus Miller artillery junction pH for 58k. Went through the process of fully charging the phone and all that before using. This would be my first infinix phone. Am usually either using a Samsung or HTC phone. Back to my story. I tried charging the phone that same night and noticed it was having issues seeing the charger. It eventually recognized the charger (its own charger was all I used) and charged up properly. Little did I know that was the first sure sign of trouble. About 10 days after That. The phone would not charge beyond 1%.tried charging another phone(a galaxy note edge) with the infinix charger and the Samsung charged well. So it was nothing to do with the charger that came with the phone. Decided to go back to callus Miller the very next day to know what was happening.
Had to drive all the way from upth to callus Miller PH at artillery Junction (pH residents would understand) the next day. Packaged the phone and took it there. The sales girl and manager at callus Miller urged me to take it first to the carl care place at slot rumubiakani to know what's wrong with it and that I should get back to them. Rumubiakani was close to the callus Miller so I decided to go to the carl care Center. (It's worth noting that I had a problem with a factory defective white blackberry Q10 I bought at callus Miller December 2014 and they gave me a new black blackberry Q10 February 2015 under warranty. It took them three months to give me a new phone after going there 5 times.) located the slot rumubiakani eventually and went upstairs to the carl care Center. I was given the number 100 cos there where a lot of people ahead of me. This was Tuesday the 26th of April 2016. Eventually saw a customer care rep who took the phone and gave me a receipt that they'd look at it and fix it under warranty. Told me they'd call or text before Friday. I Called them on Wednesday cos I realized they wouldn't be able to reach me cos I didn't have a phone. Quoted the WO number to the girl that answered and she said it wasn't ready. That I should Call back the next day. Called the next day Thursday. A man picked and asked for the WO number. He called my name to verify it was me. He told me my phone was ready. Drove back down from upth to rumubiakani a second time. Picked up the phone after a 45 minute wait. The phone was on 61%then so i figured it must have been fixed since it wasn't going beyond 1%. Noticed scratches at the back of the phone where they must have opened it to fix it. Didn't mind. I had already decided to not buy another in infinix phone ever again. Got home that same day. Used it till night. Then it got to 5% and I had to charge it. Plugged it in and kept watching the Liverpool Vs Villarreal match. After a few minutes I checked and noticed it had dropped from 5% to 4% and it was still plugged in! After a few minutes it went off and we fused charging as it had been doing before. This is a two week old phone and am back to the same problem. Going to callus Miller PH today to return it. This is sub standard rubbish infinix is selling. I hope I won't have to wait three months before they give me a new phone. Would keep Naira landers updated.!
Hello Aoshea18, we're sorry for this kind of problem. Please let us know your IMEI, phone number, work order number. So that we can transfer your information to our colleagues to check the detials. Thank you!
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 3:48pm On May 07, 2016
The issue is being resolved. I was told to come back after 7 working days for a brand new infinix zero 3 phone. That'll be Tuesday. Would go to the Carl care office then. There's a picture on this thread with my work order number.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 3:57pm On May 07, 2016
Going to repeat myself.. I do not want the phone fixed. I made that clear at the carl care office. They tried to fix a 10 day old phone with factory defects and failed. I want a brand new phone properly tested to be sure it doesn't have the same problem or any other factory defects. If I had my way I'd request for a Samsung or HTC within the same price range instead of that infinix rubbish.
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by PMONEY6: 5:13pm On May 07, 2016
I had similar experience at same callusmiller(same place)
after paying my cash and everything necessary to be done,
they brought a supposed new phone that has refused to charge.
I closely watch the drama as they almost forced me to buy ànorher phone, stating that it was their last one in stock and the phone is outdated.(funny people)
the look on my face apperently make them to refund my money without any hassle.
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by PMONEY6: 5:13pm On May 07, 2016
I had similar experience at callusmiller(same place)
after paying my cash and everything necessary to be done,
they brought a supposed new phone that has refused to charge.
I closely watched the drama as they almost forced me to buy ànorher phone, stating that it was their last one in stock and the phone is outdated.(funny people)
the look on my face apperently make them to refund my money without any hassle.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by cbrass(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2016
I use infinix zero and I must confess I really enjoyed the phone until we had a confrotation with my extended family and the screen cracked in the process, so am thinking of buying this zero 3 but fear dey catch me o

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 07, 2016
Carlcare is useless....that's how they do... they either worsen the condition of the phone or give you silly excuses not to repair it under warranty..very rude staffs too.. Infinix really need to look into this issue

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by RedCard1(m): 4:45pm On May 08, 2016
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Core from same Callus Miller at Artillery in 2013 and it worked very well till my little niece mistakenly cracked the screen. I don't just buy a phone and leave immediately, I charge it at the shop and download apps just to be absolutely sure. But the Infinix hot 2 which my cousin bought from there last year was faulty and they had to change it 3 weeks after he submitted it. Most Nigerian phone retailers sells refurbished phones. online stores like Jumia and Konga are even worse.

I think slot is the most reliable phone dealer in Nigeria but they over hike the prices. maybe it's cos of their reliability. I still trust Callus Miller on some occasions though.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 8:36pm On May 09, 2016
the temporary Tecno Y3 they gave me has stopped booting up. Doesn't cross the Tecno experience life or whatever screen. I guess everything that comes from Tecno or Infinix is Crap! Would definitely get to the Carl care tomorrow!it would be the seventh working day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 3:58pm On May 12, 2016
update: Carl Care sent a message for me to come get my phone. Got there and they gave me a new infinix zero 3. charged it to 100%. here's hoping it keeps working well!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by Marvell23(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2016
aoshea18:
update: Carl Care sent a message for me to come get my phone. Got there and they gave me a new infinix zero 3. charged it to 100%. here's hoping it keeps working well!
Good they fulfilled their promise
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by aoshea18: 8:08pm On May 13, 2016
Well, got a call from Carl Care today. They wanted to know if the new phone is working well. Glad they followed up!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 13, 2016
hm
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by kick(f): 9:22pm On May 13, 2016
timbros:
I feel for you bro.

Just return the trash and make sure they give you a new one. NEVER agree to fixing this one. Insist on replacement.

That was how I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7inch in the Samsung Shop in Trans Amadi on December 1st. It cost me 110k.

Barely 3 weeks later, it started malfunctioning. Keeps rebooting itself endlessly. And the worst part is that I used it for only 2 weeks because the first week, I just packaged it at home till I bought the casing before I start using it.

When I returned it, they told me that their care centre have closed for the year, that I should wait till January before they will look into it. I told them I need a replacement, that I won't touch that Tab again. The lady said they only do replacement if I had bought it back like 2 or 3 days later after buying it.

You should have seen the commotion I caused there that day! I insisted that they replace my device. I can't invest 110k in a device and barely 3 weeks later they start fiddling with it in the name of repairs....Kai I was so mad that day. The whole building shake nah lol... They had to call their manager on phone (she wasn't around).

Finally the manager agreed to change it but said that white colour is no longer in stock. I told them no problem let them give me black. They gave me the black, join am with apologies sef....Till now the Tab is working smoothly.

Insist on replacement my brother. And open eye for them o. If you dull, they will coerce you into repairing it.

Very good. I like the way you handle the matter.
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by AnnabelR0se(f): 10:30pm On May 13, 2016
aoshea18:
Well, got a call from Carl Care today. They wanted to know if the new phone is working well. Glad they followed up!
that is nice of them.customer is the king
Re: My Experience With Carl Care And Callus Miller PH And The Infinix Zero 3 by kingsamm(m): 3:15am On May 14, 2016
aoshea18:
This is sub standard rubbish infinix is selling.
Please do not generalize YOUR problem.. I've been using an Infinix Device for over a year now with zero complains and no repairs whatsoever.. So don't say Infinix sell substandard products, you just weren't lucky... Besides I see someone also had the same problems with a Samsung Tab... Would you say Samsung sell substandard devices too?

(1) (Reply)

Why Whatsapp Save Status Automatically / Etisalat Rewarded me 2gb twice For This Hint / Infinix Note 5 Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.