Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

I Need Info On Niit - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Info On Niit (18272 Views)

Aptech Or Niit? / In Need Of Help Working With Niit Degree...please Help / Niit Or Aptech ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2009
i want to go for MCITP(microsoft certified IT professional) in NIIT. i dont know if there's any1 who knows anything about the program and the institute. i really want to know if the prog. is worthwhile and if its worth the cost. i also want to know about the institute i.e NIIT-are they really good. im paying tommorow. its no small amount thats why i really want to know. so pls give me all the info u can about them
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2009
is there nobody that knows about the prog(MCITP) and the inst(NIIT). pls help me i ought to pay today thats y i need detailed info. no be small doe dey involved
Re: I Need Info On Niit by effyzzi: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
Hi,
I can't say much about them but you can come to HiiT Plc at 27, Adeleke street, off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
When you come you will meet with the youngest and only JAVA MASTER in WEST AFRICA for a one on one chat. Ask for Ime Ndem, Head, Marketing Communications. You can call Funke on 01- 8902253.
Lets take it from there.

HiiT plc is an IT Training/Education and IT Solution Development Company.
www..om
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Ubiero(f): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2009
I'm also going in for MCITP but i don't really know much about it.I actually planned to go in for CCNA but was led to believe that MCITP and CCNA have the same qualifications. I'm also about to run a course in it with NIIT.I won't be paying so heavily becos i did their scholarship exams and passed.So u can go in for it or if u still want to do a course in networking,then go for CCNA.

1 Like

Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
ubiero, where do u stay and which centre did u enroll in.
nls pls i still need opinions
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Ubiero(f): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
First gate so i enrolled at the festac centre. I've paid 5000 for deposit. I think i would go in for MCITP or CCNA becos i certainly don't have the money for Oracle or Java. And i'm actually running my course under the scholarship stuff so i wouldn't be paying so much.
Re: I Need Info On Niit by effyzzi: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2009
I am finding it hard to understand why Nigerians do not see through all these. During my under graduate days in school, I was given a scholarship. And I was never asked to pay any money to redeem it. Every year we hear that 20,000 youths to Niit scholarship test and 10,000 passed.

If 10, 000 students pay N5,000 each to Niit to redeem their scholarship that will amount to N50,000,000 nationwide!

Now from what I see, Niit is not giving you scholarship but discount! Ask me why? If you were to pay N250,000 for a course and on redeeming you scholarship the tuition falls say N220,000, do call that a scholarship? Guy wake up. This 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
its not as if we dont know that they are using it as an oppurtunity 2 make big doe 4 themselves, but the point is that in this 21st century as u say, one must skill up and as it is, they carry the biggest name in this part of the world. after paying their fee, i can hardly do other things.
Re: I Need Info On Niit by veetubes: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
This is a fast way of making money
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Ubiero(f): 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
The idea is to give a waiver fee to those people that passed the scholarship.And actually it is based on your performance in the exams. I was given a waiver of #225,000 for the course i want to study.And that's becos my grade was excellent. Some had A++,others had A+ and some others had A. So your grade determines the amount of waiver given to an individual.
Re: I Need Info On Niit by effyzzi: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2009
Thanks Ubiero. So, how much is your course fee after you remove the N225,000 discount? By the way, what is the name of the course you are studying?
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
im interested too. i want to know
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
hey folks. times running out
Re: I Need Info On Niit by ngel0v3(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
Bro, first of all, you gotta believe in your ability; I mean your natural ability to learn, master and excel in the particular field of IT that you're headed. Now why do I say that? You see, all these guys do is actually take you through a curricula and whether you catch up or not doesn't matter so much to them. Believe me, a certain guy saw me working on a system and started bragging about his being an APTECH student. This same guy came back the following day asking me to look into removing a "common" virus on his laptop computer.  grin If APTECH that trained him cared so much about the amount of money that he paid them to receive their training on "Programming", they would have made sure you knew it before leaving them. What am I saying? Make sure that you know what you're doing from the beginning. Don't expect them to make you a guru in a few months.

Now as for which school, let me say this. NIIT is owned by Indians and can be quite expensive. AfriHUB is owned by a Nigerian and is relatively cheap. NIIT's quality is OK and undeniable. AfriHUB is great and wonderful academically. If you must know AfriHUB bagged the Cisco Academy's award last year for their superb Cisco certification training. Men, I don't work in AfriHUB and I am somehow surprised that I am testifying for them so well, but a good reputation always precedes a great person.

Guy, you know what to do,  smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
thanks bro. u comment is true cos the lectures attended so far proves that they dont care about your catching up or not. thanks

1 Like

Re: I Need Info On Niit by nairafan: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ngel0v3      please write to me  at bemina3@hotmail.com.  thanks
Re: I Need Info On Niit by nairafan: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
Where is AfriHub , in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2009
lectures has commenced and i havent seen anything so special about the niit. its just the name i think they have. perhaps things could change with time
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Hairat007(f): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2009
pappy4real:

lectures has commenced and i havent seen anything so special about the niit. its just the name i think they have. perhaps things could change with time

Den dnt waste ur tym goin dere u cld change cause in kano its very serious

may be u cld come 2 kano. lol grin grin grin
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pappy4real(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
I'll have loved to change course and come to Kano but i have paid the fee of 110k 2 gbagada branch here in Lagos which they state is non refundable. u see my plight?
Re: I Need Info On Niit by pussyboy: 2:30am On Sep 02, 2009
@Pappy4real. Yes d fee is non refundable but u can transfer 2 any centre of ur choice & continue lectures there. Ask any of d counsellors or centre head. Best of luck.
Re: I Need Info On Niit by meekas(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
I dont about other centers in Lagos, but please dont go to the V.I center
Re: I Need Info On Niit by ogbongzky(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
am just enrolled in JAVA PROGRAMMING , wt my excellent performance in d exam, got to pay 120k, out of whic i paid 45k last week, we all know its FEE WAIVER SHOLARSHIP and NOT FULL SCHOLARSHIP as this is clearly stated in the EXAM FORM,

dont let people deceive you if u really want to go for IT, try and arrange the money, read and pass and you will never regret it, there will be NIIT NIGERIA FAIR xt year, where all NIIT techies will display their skills, good way for us to market ourself to the world, so try and finish your course before them, for more info, holla me 08050789657, do you know about www.niitstudent.com ? thats one of the reason why you have to study at NIIT, d name itself is something, think about it,
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Dclique(m): 5:41am On Sep 12, 2009
The scholarship programme is different from the normal programme offered there. Scholarship is about 259hrs it depends on how you want to ration it to suit your free time. And G.NIIT this is the real deal. Its a 2year programme and its far more expensive.

1 Like

Re: I Need Info On Niit by 1stknight(m): 12:04am On Nov 26, 2009
Re: I Need Info On Niit by iGuru1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2009
SOMEBODY TOLD ME THIS:
"Fortunately I am a living witness.
NIIT is an IT company in India which has its offices in over 40 countries in the world, Nigeria & Ghana inclusive.

The blind truth about Niit is just that they are not independent or sole in their essence as far as NIgeria is concerned. Independent people or org. goes to them for accreditation. and then they become there rep. bearing their name NIIT. As far as my experience in Osogbo is concerned on A+ certification scholarship that I got N30,000 (excellent grade). The place is nothing of standard as far as I could rate them. There courses are expensive. There certificate as far as I know is not better or cannot substitute for the proprietary certificate such as (OCP, CCNA, A+, N+,JAVA). Unless you have much to spare I am advicing you against it.

Lastly, find a way to prepare urself very hard and take the exam. the Proprietary certificate is what counts, "

Is it true?
Re: I Need Info On Niit by iGuru1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2009
hi,
please anyone with clue when the next scholarship exam will be coming up, and how can i enroll.
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Lordnewton1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
pappy4real:
is there nobody that knows about the prog(MCITP) and the inst(NIIT). pls help me i ought to pay today thats y i need detailed info. no be small doe dey involved
Hi man.
How did it go?
...Thinking of joining niit soon
Re: I Need Info On Niit by richard003: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
plss i would like to know what happens next after the NIIT test plsss. and what and what will be required to take along when going for the test
Re: I Need Info On Niit by Mrbabra: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2017
Learn programming with no cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1twT1qElZxs

(1) (Reply)

For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App / Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY / I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.