Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's (25701 Views)

Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by sharisto(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
u just kill it @ number 11.....nice post
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2016
This is just a pure lie from hell.
You can horn in New York.
Do you want me to take a video of me blasting my horn in Staten island New York ??

Another lie is that you can't drive a dirty car in Russia,
I think you deserve an award for the best liar of the century
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by dominicko(m): 7:05am On Apr 30, 2016
AutofactorNG:
In a bid to blow you away and keep you informed at the same time, we compiled a list of amazing facts about cars you have never heard.

1. Did you know the average car has over 30,000 parts?

2. 92% of new cars in Brazil use ethanol, which is produced from sugarcane as fuel.

3. 75% of all the cars that Rolls Royce have ever produced are still road worthy

4. Volkswagen Own Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, Ducati and Bugatti.

5. The First ever car accident occurred in Ohio, in the year 1891

6. It’s against the law to drive a dirty car in Russia

7. In Turkmenistan car drivers always get 120litres of free petrol monthly.

8. In 1941, henry Ford made a car out of Soybean

9. In NYC, it’s illegal to use your horn except it’s an emergency

10 95% of a cars lifetime is spent parked.

11 The Arrow next to your fuel gauge tells you which side your tank is.

Source: http://autofactorng..com.ng/2016/04/amazing-facts-you-didnt-know-about-your.html
Cc: Marpol

number 4 though
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by KingRex1(m): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2016
Wow! Is Rolls that durable?
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by neyobills: 7:19am On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
This is just a pure lie from hell.
You can horn in New York.
Do you want me to take a video of me blasting my horn in Staten island New York ??

Another lie is that you can't drive a dirty car in Russia,
I think you deserve an award for the best liar of the century

Mr ITK the op said u cant honk in NYC and u here talking about Staten Island,and yes its very true that u can honk except in an emergency in NYC at least up till 2013 but not sure if its still in practice,just in case u dont know NYC and Staten Island are 2 completely different locations,well im not surprised looks like u are JJC yankee boi .

8 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by hokafor(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2016
The no 6. I do visit Russia now and then their cars are very dirty especially in winter.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by franklin000(m): 7:22am On Apr 30, 2016
interesting
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 30, 2016
@10. not for police cars oo!
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by 6digitscomrade: 7:40am On Apr 30, 2016
thanks my brother i was speechless when i saw it..i had to ask myself is there another russia i dont knowi know russia like kilode lived there for 2yrs..and the cars can be dirty in and out in winter like ajegunle..so -40oc who will go and wash cari juz dey laff
hokafor:
The no 6. I do visit Russia now and then their cars are very dirty especially in winter.
Thanks
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by kolcity: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2016
this might be the biggest decision u will make in ur life. why wait for jamb nd post-utme when there is an alternative that can take u straight to 200level into any course of any university. note;this is not scam money would nt be asked from you. kAnd the interesting is that it takes a compete dullard to fail this. in the 2015/2016 session 127 applied 124 got admitted .. you can call mr samson with 07016803709 or whatsapp. #get_admitted
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 30, 2016
paix:
Thanks, never noticed number 11.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by zainabicy: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2016
DEngineer:
Over 50% car users in NIGERIA believe that the use of AC burns the fuel the way stove burns kerosene, hence they roll down their glasses and swallow dusts everyday.

Pls can U authoritatively tell me d % increase in fuel consumption by d use of d ac? I am 1 of d 50% grin grin

Cc: Explorers AutofactorNG & every oda person wey sabi car & ac wella, Pls ur thoughts as well
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by linconoyee: 7:51am On Apr 30, 2016
Number 20 really applies to my car, that dude spent 98% parked in the basement. I only drive it 3kilometer to work and come back
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by DONADAMS(m): 7:54am On Apr 30, 2016
DEngineer:
Over 50% car users in NIGERIA believe that the use of AC burns the fuel the way stove burns kerosene, hence they roll down their glasses and swallow dusts everyday.
seriously??it dosnt burn fuel?
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by efikoefiko(m): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Very nice.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by delishpot: 7:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks OP. I took special note of No11
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Leke001: 8:02am On Apr 30, 2016
interesting
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by bigx(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
DONADAMS:
seriously??it dosnt burn fuel?

In modern cars the difference is negligible. I used my car without AC for a week when the compressor was bad and that weekend I filled my tank with roughly the same amount as I do when I drive with AC.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
Please how do I get a visa to Turkmenistan? shocked

I don't see any arrow beside my fuel gauge oh cry

Meanwhile, here's a police car I spotted in Ogbomosho last week. Can you guess how many road safety rules it's breaking? angry

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by JustCare: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2016
billy187:
Mind blown!!!! The only ones I know are 4, 6 and 11

After reading this article, a lot of Nigerians will be porting to Turkmenistan. grin

They produce gas in abundance, that's the only reason. The country is really impoverished angry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by TheDarknight: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2016
AutofactorNG:
In a bid to blow you away and keep you informed at the same time, we compiled a list of amazing facts about cars you have never heard.

Source: http://autofactorng..com.ng/2016/04/amazing-facts-you-didnt-know-about-your.html

Does number 10 applies to public transportation vehicles in Nigeria? grin
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Donnet14: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2016
Splendid post, I will rush to my fuel-less car now and check out no 11.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2016
disagree with number 4 actually. i appreciate number 10 and 11... infact, i have always usef the wings to know the fuel tank location of the ride im not used to.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2016
nairaman66:
Impressive! Number 11 though not totally correct I am using a Benz that is directly opposite to 11...

Check properly... Your car might be converted.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2016
DEngineer:
hahahaha im a victim of this one. Walai, if you see the way i dey take off am immidiately i land for hold up eeeh
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by 2ng2ng(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Wow! Very informative.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by systemz(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Great education!
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Krismart(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:
6. It’s against the law to drive a dirty car in Russia"

Imagine this kind law for naija grin grin... Na police go first break the laws with their rickety and dirty cars.. undecided

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016 cool
Nigerian police go even carry dirty car come de catch other dirty cars. #Naija4life

2 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by teegrams(m): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2016
sharing this lol
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Kizyte(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2016
paix:
Thanks, never noticed number 11.
Number, 11 is wrong! Not applied to my car.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by GreatManBee: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
AutofactorNG:

1. Did you know the average car has over 30,000 parts?

2. 92% of new cars in Brazil use ethanol, which is produced from sugarcane as fuel.

3. 75% of all the cars that Rolls Royce have ever produced are still road worthy

4. Volkswagen Own Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, Ducati and Bugatti.

5. The First ever car accident occurred in Ohio, in the year 1891

6. It’s against the law to drive a dirty car in Russia

7. In Turkmenistan car drivers always get 120litres of free petrol monthly.

8. In 1941, henry Ford made a car out of Soybean

9. In NYC, it’s illegal to use your horn except it’s an emergency

11 The Arrow next to your fuel gauge tells you which side your tank is.

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by nairaman66(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2016
OGS1:

Check properly... Your car might be converted.

GLK 350

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / Photo: Baby, 5 Others Die In Fatal Multiple Accident In Abeokuta / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.