Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's (25700 Views)

Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by professore(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2016
I like number 11,9 is cool to know.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by arizona145(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Number 11 is so true. Thanks OP
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by harizonal123(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2016
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Roccoandrocco(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
interesting!
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Cool.
But...if 95% of a cars lifetime is spent parked....
Why do we still own cars?
Wldnt it be more efficient to develop a sort a community system in which everyone can just use a car when he/she needs it?
Like we have in Europe the concept of citybikes.

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2016
DEngineer:
Over 50% car users in NIGERIA believe that the use of AC burns the fuel the way stove burns kerosene, hence they roll down their glasses and swallow dusts everyday.
so what is the fact.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by DONADAMS(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
bigx:

In modern cars the difference is negligible. I used my car without AC for a week when the compressor was bad and that weekend I filled my tank with roughly the same amount as I do when I drive with AC.
tnks very much
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by vivavik(f): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
Interesting, 4, 6 and 11. 95% of naija cars on transit are dirty, that law can come handy for ur here
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by NnamdiN: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:
6. It’s against the law to drive a dirty car in Russia"

Imagine this kind law for naija grin grin... Na police go first break the laws with their rickety and dirty cars.. undecided

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016 cool
I wanna know how to design like that. Do you teach?
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Smellymouth: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
NnamdiN:
I wanna know how to design like that. Do you teach?

Nah, I didn't design it.
Someone on team mimzy designed it..

Wana join the team? smiley
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by NnamdiN: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:

Nah, I didn't design it.
Someone on team mimzy designed it..

Wana join the team? smiley
lol nah. That kinda stuff doesn't appeal to me.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Smellymouth: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
NnamdiN:
lol nah. That kinda stuff doesn't appeal to me.

OK bro.. u can still vote for her during the contest smiley
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by piagetskinner(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
I don't know Porsche is a Volkswagen make...never knew of no 11
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by kenoz(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hmmm
That number 11 is good to know
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by NnamdiN: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:

OK bro.. u can still vote for her during the contest smiley
would keep that in mind sir

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by planetx: 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
This is just a pure lie from hell.
You can horn in New York.
Do you want me to take a video of me blasting my horn in Staten island New York ??

Another lie is that you can't drive a dirty car in Russia,
I think you deserve an award for the best liar of the century
Just because a law is not enforced doesn't mean it's not on the books. So take a chill pill Mr Americana.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Smellymouth: 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
NnamdiN:
would keep that in mind sir

Gratitudes boss.. I will remind u

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:

Gratitudes boss.. I will remind u
Bayern Don cut the ticket......
Vote Mimzy for miss Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Smellymouth: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
olihilistic:

Chaii...
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
Smellymouth:

Chaii...
e just De vex me for here like say them cut my manhood
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by RichYoungNigger(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
neyobills:

Mr ITK the op said u cant honk in NYC and u here talking about Staten Island,and yes its very true that u can honk except in an emergency in NYC at least up till 2013 but not sure if its still in practice,just in case u dont know NYC and Staten Island are 2 completely different locations,well im not surprised looks like u are JJC yankee boi .
Staten island is different from New York ??
It's just like saying that Onitsha is not in Anambra state.
You're the jjc.
I don't talk to people like you in real life
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by jtwest(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Turkeminstan embassy: tell us what u want to do in our country.
Me: sir it is not because of your fuel sir, I am a professional, I know my job.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by christopher123(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
AutofactorNG:
In a bid to blow you away and keep you informed at the same time, we compiled a list of amazing facts about cars you have never heard.

1. Did you know the average car has over 30,000 parts?

2. 92% of new cars in Brazil use ethanol, which is produced from sugarcane as fuel.

3. 75% of all the cars that Rolls Royce have ever produced are still road worthy

4. Volkswagen Own Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, Ducati and Bugatti.

5. The First ever car accident occurred in Ohio, in the year 1891

6. It’s against the law to drive a dirty car in Russia

7. In Turkmenistan car drivers always get 120litres of free petrol monthly.

8. In 1941, henry Ford made a car out of Soybean

9. In NYC, it’s illegal to use your horn except it’s an emergency

10 95% of a cars lifetime is spent parked.

11 The Arrow next to your fuel gauge tells you which side your tank is.

Source: http://autofactorng..com.ng/2016/04/amazing-facts-you-didnt-know-about-your.html
Cc: Marpol

Then vw still owns skoda brand
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by cyonujemen(m): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Interesting and educative.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
Appreciate bro.
#TeamMimzy wink

olihilistic:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by skedy1(m): 7:10am On May 01, 2016
akanniade10:
Same here! #11 got me stunned shocked

I swear!
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by Chuckdee(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2016
No 7. is no longer true as the government has stopped the free distribution of petrol in that country since JULY 1, 2014.

Turkmenistan's free petrol supplies for car owners will be discontinued, although citizens will apparently keep receiving gas, electricity, water and salt free of charge.

From 1 July, Turkmens will no longer get their monthly allowance of 120 litres of free petrol, state TV reports. Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, leader of the Central Asian republic, says the change is being made to "ensure the sustainable development of the national economy, as well as the rational use and distribution of fuels".
The free petrol allowance was introduced by the president in 2008. Under his predecessor, the eccentric long-time ruler Saparmyrat Niyazov, petrol was not exactly expensive either at 0.05 manat ($0.02) per litre. But after the authorities started handing out free petrol to car and motorbike owners, they also raised prices at petrol stations to almost $0.22 a litre, diaspora website Khronika Turkmenistana reports.
Turkmenistan says it has the world's fifth largest estimated reserves of natural gas, and also sizeable oil deposits. But it says has been unable to exploit them fully because the country lacks viable export routes, and there is a dispute between the Caspian Sea littoral states over the legal status of offshore oil.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-27205105
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by neyobills: 7:50am On May 03, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Staten island is different from New York ??
It's just like saying that Onitsha is not in Anambra state.
You're the jjc.
I don't talk to people like you in real life

Unlike u i usually like to enlighten dumbos like you in real life,just in case u dont know NYC mean New York City and of course Staten Island is different from NYC even tho they are both in New York State,there is a big difference between NYC and New York State,you are not even a jjc but forming butter but most definitely a fufu cos any sane person who has ever been in the states would not argue about Staten Island is the same as NYC,just the same way as Victoria Island is different from Lagos State,i hope i have made myself clear.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by RichYoungNigger(m): 2:32pm On May 03, 2016
neyobills:

Unlike u i usually like to enlighten dumbos like you in real life,just in case u dont know NYC mean New York City and of course Staten Island is different from NYC even tho they are both in New York State,there is a big difference between NYC and New York State,you are not even a jjc but forming butter but most definitely a fufu cos any sane person who has ever been in the states would not argue about Staten Island is the same as NYC,just the same way as Victoria Island is different from Lagos State,i hope i have made myself clear.

Mumu.
We are not talking about NYC.
I'm talking about New York state.
Fool, is Philadelphia not in Pennsylvania ??
So, Staten island is in Idaho ??

You're a big fool and don't waste your time replying my post.
Bitcch ass nigga
Re: 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's by datigbogirl: 3:24am On May 11, 2016
DEngineer:
Over 50% car users in NIGERIA believe that the use of AC burns the fuel the way stove burns kerosene, hence they roll down their glasses and swallow dusts everyday.

Na lie?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / Photo: Baby, 5 Others Die In Fatal Multiple Accident In Abeokuta / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.