Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo (62221 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by 68816419: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
NEW FACE OF LAGOS----WHAT A CHANGED CITY!!

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by 68816419: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
WOW LAGOS HAS CHANGED FOR GOOD,
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by 68816419: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
OLD LAGOS WAS FULL OF SHIT!!!

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by 68816419: 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
WOW LAGOS HAS REALLY CHANGED FOR GOOD

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by 68816419: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
CONT...

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
See how everywhere is so neat. People on the sreet looking well off, no riff raffs spotted. No traffic. Where did we miss it? Like where did we let things slide instead of improving?
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by tpiah2: 2:06am On May 01, 2016
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Marinza(m): 2:56am On May 01, 2016
Lol it almost looked better then than it does now MIT's well. Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by pcoolioz(m): 7:18pm On May 01, 2016
less traffic, orderliness... mehn Lagos seemed better in the past than now.

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Damiandark01: 9:06pm On May 01, 2016
pcoolioz:
less traffic, orderliness... mehn Lagos seemed better in the past than now.

Asin ehn, looks way better and less stressful

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 01, 2016
Well it's improved just more influx of people. Nice one op
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Dannybrainz: 2:00am On May 02, 2016
eko fine pass london na..abi u no kw b4 grin
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by johnjameson: 2:43am On May 02, 2016
See how everywhere was looking neat, before over crowding
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by creed266: 3:49am On May 02, 2016
Lagos has always been attractive even from the old days
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Harlequin17: 9:22am On May 02, 2016
very nice pics, i havent seen these before
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by kendrick2: 10:44am On May 02, 2016
as the former capital its doesnt disapppoint
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by thatintrovert: 12:18pm On May 02, 2016
wow, i love that bridge with purple lights, awesome photograph
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:36pm On May 04, 2016
No pure water nylon for ground

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by kesses: 3:19pm On May 16, 2016
abeg compare this to now, things have realy changed
saxby:
Old Advert
TBS, Race Course
Federal Palace Hotel
Igbosere
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by oluwadaemilola: 6:28pm On May 16, 2016
it really nice to see the old lagos
BluePearls:
OP I almost finished my MB while viewing this your thread, but it was worth every byte of it grin

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by guiddoti: 11:31pm On May 16, 2016
MANOSUB:
don tail wey oyibo get sense
grin grin grin bro don get tail since oooo
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by guiddoti: 11:36pm On May 16, 2016
After watching these beautiful edifice buidings, should I say eko ti baje ni?
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by brook75: 6:13am On May 31, 2016
well some improvements now, only the influx of people
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by sniper77(m): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
saxby:
Carter bridge
Broad Street
?? ??
broad st

3rd pix is okpara avenue, enugu. The building still exists and the mobil filling station beside it is now known as master energy filling station.
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by RuggedSniper: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
omonnakoda:
Clearly Lagos was very developed before oil was discovered and continues to develop based on the Best shoreline in the country giving it the exclusive privilege of the Major Port since the 1890s. Eko Akete
WORD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by RuggedSniper: 12:12am On Nov 03, 2020
saxby:
Okay... I created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/3073782/finding-stolen-phone-share-detective on how to track a lost phone incase it gets stolen. Reason being that I was expecting my own phone.

Well, pending when i get mine, i decided to "flex" my friend`s own to be sure of what I was expecting.

While at it, I saw old pictures of Lagos (some before independence) So I decided to share. Follow me as I take you back memory lane.

PROJECT: Displaying Old Pictures of lagos State (Mostly Island)
NETWORK PROVIDER: Etisalat
PHONE USED: Tecno Boom J8
AIM: To determine the speed of network and Capability of the Device used.

1. Cameron Road, Ikoyi
2. Creek Bridge Ikoyi
3. Club Road Ikoyi
4. Marina

Colonial Lagos...unleashed! Nice thread.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by AlphaTaikun: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
saxby:
Okay... I created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/3073782/finding-stolen-phone-share-detective on how to track a lost phone incase it gets stolen. Reason being that I was expecting my own phone.

Well, pending when i get mine, i decided to "flex" my friend`s own to be sure of what I was expecting.

While at it, I saw old pictures of Lagos (some before independence) So I decided to share. Follow me as I take you back memory lane.

PROJECT: Displaying Old Pictures of lagos State (Mostly Island)
NETWORK PROVIDER: Etisalat
PHONE USED: Tecno Boom J8
AIM: To determine the speed of network and Capability of the Device used.

1. Cameron Road, Ikoyi
2. Creek Bridge Ikoyi
3. Club Road Ikoyi
4. Marina

#4 is the original inner Marina on
Lagos Island from the pre-1950s.
"Eko o gba gbere." grin
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by AlphaTaikun: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
saxby:
1929. The land in the middle is where the present TBS is the race course. The land at the bottom left is present day Victoria Island.

Cathedral Church, Marina.

Cameron Road Ikoyi.

Kings College.
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by kenny714433(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
Observation:
1. Nairaland of 2016 was devoid of hate and bitterness. The comments says it all.

2. Tinubu only built his house in Lagos. It's evident he didn't build shit as claimed maybe except his house.

T for thanks.
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by kenny714433(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
Observation:
1. Nairaland of 2016 was devoid of hate and bitterness. The comments says it all.

2. Tinubu only built his house in Lagos. It's evident he didn't build shit as claimed maybe except his house.

3. Lagos seems to be retrogressing over the years instead of progressing. Considering these pics and the resources.

T for thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.