Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

24 Year Old Msc Holder - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 24 Year Old Msc Holder (4571 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Message About Msc Holder Offered N35k Job In A Nigeria Law Firm Goes Viral / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by butanep(m): 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
SalvationMopol:

that's exactly my point bro. may Jah hammer your head with Oil of wisdom

Amen baba...

After service I travelled with my certificate and credentials from benin to lagos looking for job as fit I kept a job in lagos. After 1 full month in lagos without getting any reasonable job I had to come back home to think outside the box. I kept my certificate and think what I could do to make cash.

I received about 80k- 90k per month without using any certificate. I am aiming high. If bank like make then call me, I nor go accept again because I have my time n space. I got an official job when I wasn't even interested.

That man better drop the so called Msc and BSC and hit the street with his young vibrant brain to make money.

Nigeria has no respect for your certificate.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by BlackHummer(m): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:
Hello everyone. Please i seriously need advice . I am a 24 year old Msc holder and I have not been able to secure a job, and so I am beginning to wonder if theres something I am not doing right. I have registered on all the major job portals and I spend adequate time on nairalands Job section but still yet nothing. Please im in need of serious advice on how to break into the labour market because i do not have the flair for business and i would rather get a job somewhere and put my intelligence to use. Please help. Thank you.

Look out for PwC and KPMG.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by praxs(m): 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:
Hello everyone. Please i seriously need advice . I am a 24 year old Msc holder and I have not been able to secure a job, and so I am beginning to wonder if theres something I am not doing right. I have registered on all the major job portals and I spend adequate time on nairalands Job section but still yet nothing. Please im in need of serious advice on how to break into the labour market because i do not have the flair for business and i would rather get a job somewhere and put my intelligence to use. Please help. Thank you.
Am exactly in your shoes man.. I completed my MSc degree(bsc accounting and msc international accounting, with four publications, #2 scopus#) at age 24 from a foreign university and yet to get job... Tot competition wont be much in my place considering that am from the northeastern part of the country, but i was wrong..! Just like you stil, i have an offer of place for PhD in the school i graduated from and also got one in newzealand. Considering the cost involved, i kinda of stucked. Am thinking of registering for ICAN/ANAN instead. Someone should look into my case please
People`s suggestion will greatly help
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Orion21: 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Eyah.. Op i feel ur pain cos we actually in same shoes cry...

So lemme encourage my brother-in-pain

Lets keep applying bro... Logon to interested coy websites upload a nice CV (d tin is dat it might take time to get a call from dem)
In d mean tym get busy, online courses, certification etc. Dont loose Faith man .. Keép apply n keep praying...

#Suru .. Surulere * in wizkid's voice**
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Kookny(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
butanep:

Amen baba...

After service I travelled with my certificate and credentials from benin to lagos looking for job as fit I kept a job in lagos. After 1 full month in lagos without getting any reasonable job I had to come back home to think outside the box. I kept my certificate and think what I could do to make cash.

I received about 80k- 90k per month without using any certificate. I am aiming high. If bank like make then call me, I nor go accept again because I have my time n space. I got an official job when I wasn't even interested.

That man better drop the so called Msc and BSC and hit the street with his young vibrant brain to make money.

Nigeria has no respect for your certificate.

SalvationMopol:

that's exactly my point bro. may Jah hammer your head with Oil of wisdom

Make una carry this una talk go "business section".

Your speech will be more appreciated over there.

This place is the job/vacancy section and for peeps that are career-oriented.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Timossa(m): 11:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
praxs:

Am exactly in your shoes man.. I completed my MSc degree(bsc accounting and msc international accounting) at age 24 from a foreign university and yet to get job... Tot competition wont be much in my place considering that am from the northeastern part of the country, but i was wrong..! Just like you stil, i have an offer of place for PhD in the school i graduated from and also got one in newzealand. Considering the cost involved, i kinda of stucked. Am thinking of registering for ICAN/ANAN instead. Someone should look into my case please
People`s suggestion will greatly help

Great qualifications but poor portfolio. My advice for you is, stop furthering for now. Try to get a job first and build your professional experience. Later, locate where you can lecture with your M.Sc and later opt in for Ph.D. Work experiences are better than study experiences, and one recommendation is better than one hundred certifications. That's my piece.

5 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by praxs(m): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Timossa:

Great qualifications but poor portfolio. My advice for you is, stop furthering for now. Try to get a job first and build your professional experience. Later, locate where you can lecture with your M.Sc and later opt in for Ph.D. Work experiences are better than study experiences, and one recommendation is better than one hundred certifications. That's my piece.
I will prefer the job myself. PhD without experience isnt eyecatching enough to me! Getting the job is more important to me but unfortunately, yet to land one... Thanx for the aadvice
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by izutex007(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Bro. the Jobs will come. Prepare.Pray.Remain persistent in your CV submission. God is aware!!!
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by itzlabode(m): 12:56am On Apr 30, 2016
everybody giving their different opinion(maybe right though), I'm not in the right position to give you a credible advice, but one thing I know for sure, even with your MSc without experience, you still in the same category (entry level) with millions of BSC holders out there.
so my 2 kobo- don't dare start PhD, if its not gonna be combined with teaching, ( since that's your career path).
would do you a great favour, visit www.jarushub.com , you can thank me latter, please read from the first article to the last and don't forget to come back here for testimony.
regards
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by SalvationMopol: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2016
Kookny:

Make una carry this una talk go "business section".

Your speech will be more appreciated over there.

This place is the job/vacancy section and for peeps that are career-oriented.
...and I presume Business isn't career-oriented?
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by ademasta(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Timossa:

You have to rebrand your CV. I can help you with rebranding your CV. Kindly forward your CV to: tolconsultancy@gmail.com use NAIRALAND and NAME as the subject of the email. BUT BE READY TO PAY FOR REBRANDING YOUR CV. Thank you.
Can I send mine also, I am ready to pay.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Timossa(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2016
ademasta:

Can I send mine also, I am ready to pay.

Yes please. Thank you. And you can check the thread here, and testimonials of people that have had resume created, branded and rebranded as the case may be.

https://www.nairaland.com/2995199/let-me-sell
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by kaysunnex: 11:51am On Apr 30, 2016
If your dream job is in academics then you have to display high level of research prowess. Have you considered publishing your researches online? I mean both your undergraduate and postgraduate thesis. Rebrand them into journals and publish them then include those publications on your Cv. That will help alot and also keep getting knowledge on your field. You can visit www.coursera.org and www.edx.org for series of online courses that can make your cv stands out...

Most of the courses are not free if you intend getting certificate of accomplishment for references after the courses but i bet with you can applied for financial aids which most times are always given especially to Africa communities. I am still doing my M.sc though and i am also undertaking these courses along side. I enrolled for seven courses and applied for financial aid for all and i was granted. Also considering joining academic professional associations both national ones and international ones. I hope all these would help you.

Please note that i am also young though older than you a bit and i haven't secured my dream job yet but one thing is sure once you keep trying and you never give up, definitely the job will come.

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
kaysunnex:
If your dream job is in academics then you have to display high level of research prowess. Have you considered publishing your researches online? I mean both your undergraduate and postgraduate thesis. Rebrand them into journals and publish them then include those publications on your Cv. That will help alot and also keep getting knowledge on your field. You can visit www.coursera.org and www.edx.org for series of online courses that can make your cv stands out...

Most of the courses are not free if you intend getting certificate of accomplishment for references after the courses but i bet with you can applied for financial aids which most times are always given especially to Africa communities. I am still doing my M.sc though and i am also undertaking these courses along side. I enrolled for seven courses and applied for financial aid for all and i was granted. Also considering joining academic professional associations both national ones and international ones. I hope all these would help you.

Please note that i am also young though older than you a bit and i haven't secured my dream job yet but one thing is sure once you keep trying and you never give up, definitely the job will come.
thank you very much for the advice, i will check out the sites you mention as well as start working on how i will publish my thesis.God bless you
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by PresVA: 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
TeeAL:
I am not getting invites at all, thats why i am worried that i may be doing something wrong, maybe I am not applying through the good job portals?
Did you make atleast a 2-1 in your first degree? Cos that's a major criterion in getting called for most entry level jobs...

Cc : praxs

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
why u ain't getting invites:
- you use one CV to apply for all jobs. u tailor ur CV to suit d job u are applying for. remove some experiences/certificates when its unnecessary for d job u are applying for.
- you have no experience. try volunteering or taking up a low paying job just for d experience.
BTW its easy to get a teaching job in small private skls and u need d experience for d career u want to pursue.
Ehen...under wat department in UNILAG did u study 'health promotion?'
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by KELVIN086: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
adonismuller:
It is not "still yet" its either you use still or yet...

Msc does not guarantee you a job in Nigeria,its either you learn a skill or you start developing a flare for business...your Msc can only secure lecturing job for you!

Good luck.
Yes boss . Very correct , the sooner dey know the better.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by KELVIN086: 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
SalvationMopol:

liken to what I said earlier u still want to waste another money to get PhD. I don't blame u is ur rich sponsor I blamed. must life b about competition. A PhD with no experience in teaching or industrial work functions amount to nothing. #start cultivation
Very wrong , a phd would still open more doors and he would command respect at a very young age.
Op try doing the phd outside the country
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by nurez305(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
ekjerez:
have you tried Jobs on jiji
don't ever waste your time on jiji, all those job posted there are from GNLD

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by stephano100(m): 7:13am On May 01, 2016
PresVA:
Did you make atleast a 2-1 in your first degree? Cos that's a major criterion in getting called for most entry level jobs...

Cc : praxs
I wondered why nobody asked this question. TeeALa answer this.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by H2Ossss(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2016
seriously... who msc epp? I see msc for young people without experience if only you want to take the lecturing line or you want to remedy not having a good 1st degree result... anyway you still very young... but most multinational coys that take on merit look at 2.1 minimum, below 26. so masters not really important.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 02, 2016
can we start a magazine?
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 02, 2016
can we start a magazine? like my page to see what i promote: https://m.facebook.com/healthclubnigeria
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by tosbobby(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2016
I think it is best when you eroll for professional course like Pmp, Ican or anyone related to your field of study before going for M.sc.
For normal commercial entities, why not apply using B.sc and do not specify that you are an M.sc holder. Once you are able to find your way in, the need for M.sc will surely arise.

M.sc, P.hd is majorly for people that want to build a career in academics.

Kindest regards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nectar Group Aptitude Test Invite / Ttc Mobile Ltd. Is Recruiting Graduate Trainee / Urgent Job Vacancies For Immediate Employment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.