Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please (1924 Views)

Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Just Bought A New Car / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by grade: 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dear Nairalanders I need expert advice on what to do. I just recently bought a Camry 2009 v6 XLE thumb start but any time I drive it out and I Park, the car always refuses to start again, until I wait for about one hour before it starts. I have taken it to several mechanics and changed spark plugs, kick starters and even recently, somebody suggests it could be the fuel pump. This morning, another mechanic advice that I change the Crank shaft position sensor. Am confused.
Has anyone experienced this before and how do I go about having a permanent solution to this problem. Even in very thick hold-up on the road, I dare not switch off ignition.
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by kingreign(m): 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
grade:
Dear Nairalanders I need expert advice on what to do. I just recently bought a Camry 2009 v6 XLE thumb start but any time I drive it out and I Park, the car always refuses to start again, until I wait for about one hour before it starts. I have taken it to several mechanics and changed spark plugs, kick starters and even recently, somebody suggests it could be the fuel pump. This morning, another mechanic advice that I change the Crank shaft position sensor. Am confused.
Has anyone experienced this before and how do I go about having a permanent solution to this problem. Even in very thick hold-up on the road, I dare not switch off ignition.

Scan the car. But I am looking at either CTS or FPR issues here.

1 Like

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
kingreign:

Scan the car. But I am looking at either CTS or FPR issues here.

well it depends.

grade:

does it crank? Drop the vin so somone can run a report, this case seems like a flooded case.

2 Likes

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by grade: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thanks so much. Yes the car cranks but fails to start, when this happens, I will leave the car and lock it for thirty minutes before going back to restart. By this time, the car starts. My Vin is 4T1BK46K39U096453.
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by cocoduck: 12:23am On Apr 30, 2016
scan the car, for codes and pending codes, The car brain box or ECU needs some signals from sensors like the Crankshaft position sensor, the can shaft position sensor to start, if you can get a good scan tool even some basic scan tools are able to give you live data, you check the signals these things send to the ECU, sometimes when it's cold they work, but as soon as they heat up they stop working.
Scan the car is all I can tell you for now.

1 Like

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by mayor2013: 7:40am On Apr 30, 2016
grade:

This is where proper diagnosis comes in. A lot of things can cause this issue. First is to run a scan. No diagnosis done yet and you have started changing parts . Sounds like a security issue to me. If you are in lagos and you need solution to the problem call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 sounds like one of those flooded cars in town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by chukel(m): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
2009 Toyota Camry
Report Date: April 30, 2016 12:50 PM UTC
VIN Information
VIN: 4T1BK46K39U096453
Year: 2009
Make: Toyota
Model: Camry
Style/Body: XLE 4dr Sedan
Class: N/A
Engine: 3.5L 6cyl 6A
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 7 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 2

Currently, we are unable to deliver full vehicle history reports. The above VIN check is accurate and provides minimal details of the car you are interested in, but at this time, we cannot provide you with specifics about this vehicle's accident, lien or title history. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Op, this was all I could get trying to look up your vehicle history.

1 Like

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by kingreign(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
chukel:
2009 Toyota Camry
VIN Information

Currently, we are unable to deliver full vehicle history reports. The above VIN check is accurate and provides minimal details of the car you are interested in, but at this time, we cannot provide you with specifics about this vehicle's accident, lien or title history. We apologize for any inconvenience.

There's problem lipsrsealed
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by grade: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
chukel:
2009 Toyota Camry
VIN Information

I really appreciate
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by dollarathe(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
Please run diagnosis .....it could be security issue...i used an honda some years back, i need to go and start ignition 30 minutes prior to my exit time.. Then am gud to go throughout the day, unless i park it again for a longer period of time...please check well before spending on parts

1 Like

Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by Aderupoko2: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
dollarathe:
Please run diagnosis .....it could be security issue...i used an honda some years back, i need to go and start ignition 30 minutes prior to my exit time.. Then am gud to go throughout the day, unless i park it again for a longer period of time...please check well before spending on parts
Bros, this is exactly the same issue with the new Honda I just bought locally, I gave my mechanic to scan and he returned to say, 'Security factory error detected'. How did you go about resolving your issue.
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by dollarathe(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2016
Aderupoko2:

Bros, this is exactly the same issue with the new Honda I just bought locally, I gave my mechanic to scan and he returned to say, 'Security factory error detected'. How did you go about resolving your issue.
That was d way i used it till i sold it. its a beautiful car bt got me frustrated...didnt use it for long sha
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by mayor2013: 9:08pm On May 01, 2016
Aderupoko2:

Call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 to solve your car's problem
Re: My New Car Embarasses Me, Help Please by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 01, 2016
You need to scan the car...

But my first guess is likely a key fob Issue. The sensors might be weak or faulty. Try changing the key sensor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Repaired Single Cell Radiator / . / HELP ITS URGENT!! My Toyota Highlander Hybrid Won't Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.