Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome (1349 Views)

Bbnaija: Nina’s Ex-boyfriend, Collins Laments Over Impostor Accounts / Beats1 Calls Wizkid A “Rising Nigerian Star”. Nigerians Respond / Basketmouth Laments Over His N24,000 Meal In US [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by hayzee545(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
While many Nigerians are celebrating Wizkid recent feat, as one of the most successful Nigerian music artist at the moment, specifically with the Presidential attention he was given at yesterday's Independence concert in Sierra Leone, some Sierra Leonean are angry, maintaining that he doesn't deserve that kind of recognition.

Read below, a reaction of one the country's national:

National Shame: Why was Wizkid taken to President?

Who is wizkid? How important is he to Sierra Leone as compared to our National Musicians? As Sierra Leoneans do we have respect for our president?

These are few questions that runs my mind relating to the Wizkid show.

It’s sickening and a Shame to my sweet country! with all the nonsense surrounding the arrival of the Nigerian artists Wizkid, unpatriotic & selfish music promoters in Sierra Leone still have the guts to take him to the Fountain of Honour & President of this great nation at around 11 to 12pm mid night.

Wizkid who was suppose to be here 24hours before the slated date for the show landed in the shores of Sierra Leone at around 9pm and was immediately taken to our Darling President. For what? What so special about him? What a shame and disgrace to the organizers! Where are we heading as a nation?

For an ordinary artist to see our President at 11pm.. Chaii!! Even Diplomats have protocols to see the President. That Wizkid and organizers should first of all apologize to the peoole of this nation for wasting our time waiting on him.

What’s a shame & disgrace!Cee Jay Mark & others were sign by a Nigeria-Sierra Leone record label base in Nigeria but they never give them the access to see any senator/minister not to talk of meeting Buhari. This people will never stop to amaze me! God save salone!

Close to 70,000$ dollar was wasted for him to be here yet the the he came very late without apologizing publicly and was happily taken to see my president, your president and our president at 11pm getting to midnight. What a disrespect and a shame! I wonder when last Wizkid was given access to see his president(President Buhari).

I was wishing my Darling President to turn down his meeting and rest as he has so much to do for us than too meet somebody who doesn’t care about the Sierra Leone.

This is very embarrassing honestly fellow Sierra Leoneans!

By Chernor J. Bah

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2016/04/29/who-is-wizkid-a-sierra-leonean-laments-over-presidential-welcome-giving-to-wizkid/

Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Smellymouth: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lol
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by pendusky(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lol...
Wizkid wey we never send for here? grin
Anyway!

He's a wizard kid! grin
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by ayourbamie: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
we don't even know your president's name... sorry brother. whizkid is as popular as whisky. Buhari is a loner he doesn't have time to entertain entertainers.
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Xionez(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
As in eh?
who he don epp for Sierra Leone?!

Even when Nicki Minaj landed in the shores of Nigeria, the governor no even give am face...talk less of President.
Well, all join. its good media he wants, its good media he gets.
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by TheFirstLady: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
These people gotta know anything 9j is final... even the president concur our gbedu is final... no time for Wahala...we be babanla ...yeheye! whizzy whizz baby ti take over..hahahaha see painment...we be Naija

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yea, national shame. Yaga grin
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by nuelzy: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
"who is wizkid" .. ..

i like d sound of that grin
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by pennytration(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Imperiority comflex
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
pennytration:
Imperiority comflex

Make we come flex na grin
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by 500GP: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
THE ORGANISERS KNOWS THE VALUE OF WIZKID, THT IS WHY THEY TOOK TO YOUR PRESIDENT

SUPERSTAR, STAR BOY
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by faith551(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
See as the wiz-kid dem wan kill dem self for they wear him sun-glass inside their presidential villa.
btw who is even the president btw the two guys there?,because the one with the shade is sitting like the owner of the house ,but he sure looks like wiz-kid
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by waxxydude: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Who is wizkid? so you mean you dont know wizzy? see as the presidential villa be like my guy sitting room wey we dey use meche [gamble].
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
See as he siddon without respect..what am I supposed to do after reading this
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by Wizkoko(m): 12:48am On Apr 30, 2016
[quote][/quote]
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by danemenike: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2016
When you have a good PR
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by robosky02(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2016
lol
Angelberry:
See as he siddon without respect..what am I supposed to do after reading this
Re: Who Is Wizkid?…a Sierra Leonean Laments Over Presidential Welcome by robosky02(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2016
Nigeria currently colonizes Africa

nothing any nation can do

(1) (Reply)

Hot celebrity, Dbanj Secretly Got Married Today! / ... / Emir Of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II Wears N1.1M NAIRA Shoe, While His People Suffer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.