Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Something Strange From Ebook That Failed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Something Strange From Ebook That Failed (357 Views)

Love Really Is Strange / What I Learnt While Writing Ebook That Failed / What I Learnt While Writing Ebook That Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something Strange From Ebook That Failed by marenx: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
Don’t ignore failure because you can’t. What you need to do is to avoid it and swear you must leave your comfort zone.

By Maren J. Mafuyai / April 20, 2016

Making things happens doesn’t really sucks. It's failure to try that's really the suck.

‘Experience is the best teacher’ is one of the wise phrases that weren't well made, because, assuming we knew what you mean, you don’t tell us whether bad or good one.

Thinking of it one day, I found it's the bad experience that teaches well, from whichI learnt I couldn’t continue writing my eBook when I found out it isn't going to flow, let alone to be the masterpiece.

But since it failed, here's what I learnt from it, and I'm glad I did.

That day taught me valuable lessons.

1. You've to prepare your outline to look like a real skeleton of your work.

This means arranging the list of what you’ll discuss from the title to the conclusion, and making sure it won’t disappoint you before starting the actual writing. The best way to accomplish this is to make sure each stage relates to the previous one up to the main catchy title.

It isn't that simple, but failure to follow the rule is what made my eBook no more. So, as the beginner, especially, you need to concentrate on forming outlines to give your writing good structure and public acceptance.

Or, d'you want to learn how to form outlines? Well, I'm here with you.

Hardcore Way to Form an Outline

The only way to learn it is to read more, most especially wiki-how types of articles and others with titles such as: 100 things to do to be happy. or you can write something like I want to talk about…and then start writing the list of what you want to talk about.

2. Don’t rush to start fleshing out.

First, give it sometime because immediately after outlining, I was desperate to start fleshing out, thinking following stages I created won't disappoint me, but I'm here regretting.

If you don’t want this to happen to you either, I advice that you start two project at the same time, so that when you're desperate, why not going to the other project to make it easy?

Know that it's outline that shows how powerful your book or essay is.

3. Running about the bush is part of writing process.

It's, indeed, good to understand it as it's, but you need to make sure it isn't part of your writing process, since it can make you lose interest.

What makes my eBook failed is this; I discovered I must return to start afresh and I don’t have time for that. When I look at the work, I asked myself 3 questions:

1. Should I start again? I discovered I must start another out lines.

2. Can I use the flesh I've made to flesh another outlines? I discovered it won’t correspond.

3. Should I start another fleshing? I discovered I rather start another project.

Continue reading: https://languageexpertintl./2016/04/29/345/

(1) (Reply)

Beware! Role Models Are Not Life Models / Fiction: Writer Ko, Writer Ni / Write Up By Dindy: Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.