Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge - Art, Graphics & Video (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge (114429 Views)

A Nairalander Needs Your Vote In The On Going Etisalat Photo Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2016
PROMPT #34: SPARE

Spare:

1.(adjective) Additional to what is required for ordinary use.

2.(adjective) Elegantly simple.

3.(verb) To refrain from harming.

I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation of this week's challenge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
sorry guys lemme me drift alittle,
so someone was going some of my photos some days ago and he asked me to print one of my shoots for him, told its not a problem but will get it next year.
The problem is that I know little about printing . I need to know somethings about printing like EVERYTHING

cc:
Victoriousvic, chukxie, SmooshCHN, UjSizzle and all them big bros
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
taiocol:
sorry guys lemme me drift alittle,
so someone was going some of my photos some days ago and he asked me to print one of my shoots for him, told its not a problem but will get it next year.
The problem is that I know little about printing . I need to know somethings about printing like EVERYTHING

cc:
Victoriousvic, chukxie, SmooshCHN, UjSizzle and all them big bros
I shouldn't be asking but who's asking for your prints? A client or someone who's just interested in your pictures. I'm asking just for work protection. If it's a friend then it's Ok. If there's need for a print i'll explain all you need to know later. It's unusual to be asked for prints except if it's from clients. Just concerned as a friend smiley
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I shouldn't be asking but who's asking for your prints? A client or someone who's just interested in your pictures. I'm asking just for work protection. If it's a friend then it's Ok. If there's need for a print i'll explain all you need to know later. It's unusual to be asked for prints except if it's from clients. Just concerned as a friend smiley
just someone whos interested, my uncle to be precise
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
taiocol:
just someone whos interested, my uncle to be precise
Just concerned cheesy This article explains it better than i can put into writing.

First, use a program like Adobe Photoshop or the properties menu of the image file to find the exact dimensions of the image. Afterward, multiply the height by the width, then divide the result by 1 million – because 1 megapixel equals 1 million pixels. For example, an image measuring 4,608 x 3,456 equals 15,925,248 (in pixels), which equates to roughly 16 megapixels after you divide by 1 million.
When figuring out print size, simply divide the width and height dimensions (individually) by 300. Why 300? That’s the number of pixels per inch (ppi) – also a type of resolution – suitable for high-quality printing. Referring back to the last example, a 4,608 x 3,456 (4608/300 and 3456/300) image would yield a 15 x 11 inch print. That said, you wouldn’t even think of printing a 640 x 480-pixel image larger than 2 x 1 inches.
Depending on the software, you may notice ppi referred to as dots per inch, or “dpi.” Despite being technically different, you’ll often see the terms used interchangeably. It’s a confusing topic, sure, but you should have little trouble if you remember to keep the dpi or ppi set to 300. We also recommend increasing the resolution using the photo-editing software of your choice if an image is set to 72 dpi, while making sure to deselect the “resample image” box if you do. If your software doesn’t offer such fine-tuning – some offer “best” or “normal” as options – simply recall the aforementioned math to calculate just how large an image should be.
If you are willing to sacrifice quality in order to gain a larger print size, there is the option of slightly cheating and lowering the resolution. However, we do recommend you check the final print quality to assure it’s up to your liking. Simply put, quality will suffer if you lower the resolution and increase the print size.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2016
Got one strawberry for taste sampling today and two spare ones in case the first one wasn't as delicious as the strawberry farm owner boasted. They all tasted deliciously sweet tongue

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Just concerned cheesy This article explains it better than i can put into writing.

First, use a program like Adobe Photoshop or the properties menu of the image file to find the exact dimensions of the image. Afterward, multiply the height by the width, then divide the result by 1 million – because 1 megapixel equals 1 million pixels. For example, an image measuring 4,608 x 3,456 equals 15,925,248 (in pixels), which equates to roughly 16 megapixels after you divide by 1 million.
When figuring out print size, simply divide the width and height dimensions (individually) by 300. Why 300? That’s the number of pixels per inch (ppi) – also a type of resolution – suitable for high-quality printing. Referring back to the last example, a 4,608 x 3,456 (4608/300 and 3456/300) image would yield a 15 x 11 inch print. That said, you wouldn’t even think of printing a 640 x 480-pixel image larger than 2 x 1 inches.

Depending on the software, you may notice ppi referred to as dots per inch, or “dpi.” Despite being technically different, you’ll often see the terms used interchangeably. It’s a confusing topic, sure, but you should have little trouble if you remember to keep the dpi or ppi set to 300. We also recommend increasing the resolution using the photo-editing software of your choice if an image is set to 72 dpi, while making sure to deselect the “resample image” box if you do. If your software doesn’t offer such fine-tuning – some offer “best” or “normal” as options – simply recall the aforementioned math to calculate just how large an image should be.
If you are willing to sacrifice quality in order to gain a larger print size, there is the option of slightly cheating and lowering the resolution. However, we do recommend you check the final print quality to assure it’s up to your liking. Simply put, quality will suffer if you lower the resolution and increase the print size.
thanks bro, about the dimension thing, what about some of the pictures which was resized during some editing process?
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
and any specific paper type for printing
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
taiocol:

thanks bro, about the dimension thing, what about some of the pictures which was resized during some editing process?
Same procedure applies. But I'll advice you get the original or source file then do the editing or cropping on it and then follow the same printing process explained.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by UjSizzle(f): 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
chukxie:
Got one strawberry for taste sampling today and two spare ones in case the first one wasn't as delicious as the strawberry farm owner boasted. They all tasted deliciously sweet tongue
They look delicious cheesy

When next you have strawberries, try placing them in a white bowl and take another photo. I'd love to see what it'll look like.
Green background (shallow dof)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
UjSizzle:

They look delicious cheesy

When next you have strawberries, try placing them in a white bowl and take another photo. I'd love to see what it'll look like.
Green background (shallow dof)

Thanks. Roger that! The strawberries are chilling in the fridge. I'll bring them out for a 'photo shoot' tomorrow morning. Nyt nyt, everyone!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Same procedure applies. But I'll advice you get the original or source file then do the editing or cropping on it and then follow the same printing process explained.
Thanks bro. any recommended paper type
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
chukxie:

Thanks. Roger that! The strawberries are chilling in the fridge. I'll bring them out for a 'photo shoot' tomorrow morning. Nyt nyt, everyone!
its evening bro
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
taiocol:

its evening bro

I'm in Chinatown bro. And it's 12:50 A.M Wednesday morning! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
chukxie:

I'm in Chinatown bro. And it's 12:50 A.M Wednesday morning! grin

wow. happy sleeping
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
taiocol:

Thanks bro. any recommended paper type
Matte or Glossy? Anyone would be fine.. Depending on the type of look you want. For durability you can go for Matte but if you want that rich colour and tone then it's glossy and can be expensive to maintain. But I'll pick Glossy tho with a thick paper. It'll be much better to go anywhere they print so you can see for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Feraz(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
My greetings to the bosses them! SmooshCHN, Chukxie, (how's the smog over there treating you both BTW?) Victoriousvic, Uj_sizzle, HyDef, docbindl and those keeping this thread alive. Loving what you guys do here.

toheebDOTcom:
First Entry of the thread!

Tecno w4

Since I couldn't get the blurry effect when talking moving objects, I decided I must move my camera instead. It worked!

The tiles intersection
My eyes oh!!! shocked

I am dizzy! Awesome shot!

Addict000:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4517752_tmpcam1074622951_jpegd7632b00b0611875c80c5c6889af9e57 My first coverart.....
Killed this like a boss!

ButterFrost212:
Hi guys, y'all are doing a beautiful job here. You inspire me, especially victoriousvic. Keep it up.
So I was on the rooftop the other day and I thought, why not take a picture and see if you can do what vic and all those talented artists on that thread do, and tadaa!!
I know it's not all that, but still I tried my hands on it. And this picture was taken with my phone.
Cool shot and erm. . .welcome!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
3mp camera
invitqtion

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
Haven't even had time to participate in this week's challenge. Sorry guys. sad

Sha, just saw this today and stole a shot. Spare USB port.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2016
Victoriousvic:
Haven't even had time to participate in this week's challenge. Sorry guys. sad

Sha, just saw this today and stole a shot. Spare USB port.
grin
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2016
PROMPT #35: DECK THE HALLS

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
''Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!

This week's challenge is simple - Let's see your Christmas decorations. It might not necessarily be yours though. So, let's see photos of your decked homes, shopping malls, streets, your city.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas to You All.. Victoriousvic, Feraz, Hydef, Chukxie, Taiocol, toheebdotcom, addict000, Ujsizzle, and others

And in the spirit of Christmas..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Feraz:
My greetings to the bosses them! SmooshCHN, Chukxie, (how's the smog over there treating you both BTW?) Victoriousvic, Uj_sizzle, HyDef, docbindl and those keeping this thread alive. Loving what you guys do here.

My eyes oh!!! shocked

I am dizzy! Awesome shot!

Killed this like a boss!

Cool shot and erm. . .welcome!

Merry Xmas, bro. And a prosperous New Year in advance! I'm far away from the smog in Beijing. I'm in the southern part of China.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Merry Christmas to You All.. Victoriousvic, Feraz, Hydef, Chukxie, Taiocol, toheebdotcom, addict000, Ujsizzle, and others

Merry Xmas, bro. And a blessed New Year in advance to you and yours!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by docbindl(m): 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Merry Christmas to everyone

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by toheebDOTcom(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Approx. 3mins.. hand sketched...
njoy!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
docbindl:

Merry Christmas to everyone

Thanks, bro. Merry Christmas to you and your family. And a Happy New Year in advance!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by HyDef(m): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Merry Christmas to you and everyone as well!.

Red crucifix reminds me of the Starboy video. :p
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:

merry xmas bro.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
toheebDOTcom:
Approx. 3mins.. hand sketched...

njoy!!
smiley smiley smiley nice
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by jerikoyan(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Christmas to You all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Addict000(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2016
Merry xmas guys, i have missed you guys....my freelance work kept me away buh am back now. Waiter!!!! abeg one fried chicken and malt for everybody in the house.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (58) (Reply)

Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers / Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.