Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (16645 Views)

First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport To Be Closed, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2016
prettysolid:
I have been hearing so many complaints about this airline, but Nigerians are the cause of their own pain. Tomorrow these same people will buy an Arik ticket again,including those reading now. So how do u expect the airline to give better services when they know it's citizens will eat every crap served,compalin and yet again come back for more crap.

made in nigeria.
tell me another airline that goes from lagos to London Heathrow (direct flight no stop over) and collect 1 million for a family of 5 (2adults, 2 kids, 1 infant)
see why they will always get customers
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by omooba969(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2016
prettysolid:
I have been hearing so many complaints about this airline, but Nigerians are the cause of their own pain. Tomorrow these same people will buy an Arik ticket again,including those reading now. So how do u expect the airline to give better services when they know it's citizens will eat every crap served,compalin and yet again come back for more crap.

Av u made up ur mind yet as per throwing a party @ur yard? smiley
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Bjergtrolde: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
NEVER FLY ARIK!

They are a waste of space.
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by MadCow1: 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
Who still flies Arik?

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by IYANGBALI: 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
That's why it's good to be a witch or wizard. You fly at your convenient time and pace
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Sanchase: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Third World Country undecided
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by samsam2019: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
chydii:
Better safe than sorry. Its better they delay it for hrs and y'all get to your destinations safely than for us to come and start in praying for your souls to rest in peace #stillannoyingtho
nigerian mentality.

So other airline don't have safety measures? If you have been flying arik you'll understand what this people went thru.

There was a time they left us inside the airplane for over an hour without the AC. I made myself a promise not to go near them again

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by tjskii(f): 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
ephi123:

Why should they be thankful they were not delayed overnight?
Did they not pay for a service or is the flight free of charge?

The government/ Airline authorities need to introduce a Compensation policy, by the time Arik spends a good chunk of their profits compensating for delayed flights, they will sit up.

I was actually being sarcastic with my remark,
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Franknony: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
Change
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by NovusHomo(m): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
prettysolid:

You are correct. ARIK did it to me once, and it was the only time ever. Nigerians should willfully kill that airline by refusing to fly with it. Enough ought to be enough.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
who da hell? flies Arik Air, their customers service is Rubbish
last time i traveled with Arik. After i paid some guy who claims he works for arik for my luggages and obtaining a boarding pass, after delaying for over 4 hours. at the Gate i was told that i ve not paid as my payment was not recorded by who ever i have paid to. and i was like what . they tried to force me to pay again, they thought that because i was from Abroad that i will play gentle. i took my trousers off and told them that they are gonna have to engage me into a fight before i strangle one of them or either they let me board.

ultimately they had to let me board. After that experience i ve never gone near Arik Air even if they are the last airline i would rather walk from Abuja to Enugu Arik sh!t airline

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Bukybabe(f): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=NovusHomo post=45188585]

You are correct. ARIK did it to me once, and it was the only time ever. Nigerians should willfully kill that airline by refusing to fly with it.

In warri we have just Arik going to Abj,Lagos. .so what do we?travel by road?when we have appointment to keep?
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Bukybabe(f): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=Bukybabe post=45190053][/quote]
In Warri we have just Arik going to Abj and lag..so what do we do?go by road?when we have appointment to keep...
Aero stopped flying from warri for reasons known to then. .and the arik sef is very expensive and they will still Bleep up
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
prettysolid:
they are the only airline that flies direct. 36 you think it's easy to spend 2 days travelling and stopping over for 17 hrs in Dubai or Germany or even missing a connecting flight due to delays .na monopoly cause am no be say Nigerians like am my friend
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
marylandcakes:
It is not the fact that the flight was delayed that annoys the passengers but the non communication and bad treatment of customers. I've stopped using Arik air since last year. Maybe if more people boycott them they might get their act together. But unfortunately Nigeria is a country of all talk and no action.
boycott them? what's the alternative. they're the only ones flying to us direct at cheapest price
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
ephi123:

Why should they be thankful they were not delayed overnight?
Did they not pay for a service or is the flight free of charge?

The government/ Airline authorities need to introduce a Compensation policy, by the time Arik spends a good chunk of their profits compensating for delayed flights, they will sit up.
govt that prolly flies free. no fool yourself. they are in arik pocket
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
EdDave:
Arik Air owes every single agency FAAN, NAMA etc and the aviation unions.(over 12b).They even owe their "vulcanizers?"
I won't even mention their workers.
But who has the guts to shut down Obj and Peter odili s bizness?
Nigerians should jst patronizing them so they ll sit up or shut down. Chikena!
no wonder. I think say na Indians get d biz sef.
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Kaira333: 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
tommykiwi:
How dis one com concern Nairalander? Abi Na we dey fly the plane.
As u no dey fly e get people wey d fly for nairaland so chill
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by bidemi1190: 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
They are fond of this act.
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by ephi123(f): 10:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
tjskii:

I was actually being sarcastic with my remark,

Okay, my apologies, I missed that.
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by ephi123(f): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
govt that prolly flies free. no fool yourself. they are in arik pocket

Okay, so we should continue as-is and do nothing about the situation. Okay ooo
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:36am On May 01, 2016
ephi123:

who protesting online don epp?
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Nobody: 8:13am On May 01, 2016
mikolo80:
boycott them? what's the alternative. they're the only ones flying to us direct at cheapest price
the word cheapest is the problem is n't it? nigerians like cheap articles,cheap air ticket, cheap every thing.yet complains when they get treated like this. what else do they expect from a cheap airline? cheap service ofcourse!
have you guys never heard of BRITISH AIRWAYS or LUFTHANSA? tongue
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Nobody: 8:18am On May 01, 2016
ephi123:

i suspect that's what is going to be, nigerians like cheap Goods, cheap every thing, cheap air ticket hence the treatment meted to them by Arik.
they wouldn't want to pay More for better service, i am sure they have heard of British air, Lufthansa or American airways grin
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 6:33pm On May 01, 2016
gypsey:
the word cheapest is the problem is n't it? nigerians like cheap articles,cheap air ticket, cheap every thing.yet compalains when they get treated like this. what else do they expect from a cheap airline? cheap service ofcourse!
have you guys never heard of BRITISH AIRWAYS or LUFTHANSA? tongue
200 versus 400 k one way flight is not easy to ignore my brother. no be everybody de follow them thief govt moni o.na situation make crayfish bend. is it easy to drop 100 k or 200 K just like dat. and does British airways fly direct? is not easy to use one day to fly when arik will take 12 13 hours.17 hr stop over in Dubai can be very boring not to talk of missing luggage
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 03, 2016
mikolo80:
200 versus 400 k one way flight is not easy to ignore my brother. no be everybody de follow them thief govt moni o.na situation make crayfish bend. is it easy to drop 100 k or 200 K just like dat. and does British airways fly direct? is not easy to use one day to fly when arik will take 12 13 hours.17 hr stop over in Dubai can be very boring not to talk of missing luggage
yes BA flies direct from nigeria to london for people travelling to the UK or from nigeria to london and a conecting flight to the US from london With American airline, for people travelling to the US. you do not have to fly direct. besides a 17 hours long haul is not very healthy.
Re: Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja by mikolo80: 5:23am On May 04, 2016
gypsey:
yes BA flies direct from nigeria to london for people travelling to the UK or from nigeria to london and a conecting flight to the US from london With American airline, for people travelling to the US. you do not have to fly direct. besides a 17 hours long haul is not very healthy.
not 17 long haul. 17 layover plus the 12 hr long haul. that's why ppl manage d arik like dat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Tanker Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.