Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208175 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 6:51pm On May 02, 2016
Blescyn:
Can anybody direct me to the page he finally stated the reason for his conversion....i'm too lazy to read comments

What you should do is go to his profile and when you get there click on his 'posts'. That will take you to all his posts that he has posted in the last few days. That way you can read all his posts without reading the nonsense that has been interjected on the thread. This is how I read some posts when there are too many people involved.

His story will be there all in one page.

5 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Alright, the answer to the question is to question the answer.

It's reversible reaction:
If they can be one billion gods, it can also be just one creator.

Why the special toga to whatever number butters your muffins?

I am for knowledge, not politics of religion. I rather be wrong than assume.

I don't gamble with numbers plucked from assumptions without basis outside my feelings.

The point i am trying to make is that whether the creator is one or 2 or 2 trillion is all just on assumptions

You assumed that there is only one creator.

The Assumptions are limitless

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

I said God is the energy that flows through us. Energy cannot be destroyed (law of physics). It can only change its form.
You are making progress. Dont stop there, keep going. Remember the Wave-particle paradox? You are at pantheism now, you will soon get to the point of self.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2016
PastorAIO:

What you should do is go to his profile and when you get there click on his 'posts'. That will take you to all his posts that he has posted in the last few days. That way you can read all his posts without reading the nonsense that has been interjected on the thread. This is how I read some posts when there are too many people involved.

Smart guys will always have shortcuts grin

6 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 7:06pm On May 02, 2016
I remember back then 2009 in school when I encounter the first atheist in real life, this guys just have answers to every question. my first impression is, this guy is mad, sometimes I'm furious , felt like giving him a big slap on the face.

fast rack few years later I never knew he would end up being one of my best friend ever. in fact this guy is the most honest and straight forward person you can ever think of.

what I always tell those who care to listen is, you don't need any imaginary God to do good. It's just in you

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:11pm On May 02, 2016
deeplow:
I am not an atheist, but i have reservations about religion and what it teaches. I was talking to a Christian friend about a month ago, she kept going on and on about how Christianity is the only way to heaven.

So, i asked her, from the genesis, "why are you a Christian"?
She gave a lot of indirect answers. I helped her out, i told her she is initially a Christian because her parents are. I then asked her what Christianity said about non-believers and heaven. She said, Christianity is the passport to heaven.

So, i asked her, what did you do to/for God that i didn't do?
Why am i condemned to hell fire because of something i am innocent of?

Why did God let me choose parents who are practising the "wrong" religion?

What did i do to God?

Would God watch me burn for eternity over something he helped me do(we are to believe God chooses who our parents are)?

If truly God is all loving, why didnt he lead us all on the right path?

Why do i have to be Muslim and destined for hell fire?

She only just continued preaching, so, i just told her to continue with the meal. She didnt have an answer.

This is not an attack on Christianity!!! It is an attack on religion. it only came this way because of the way it happened.

I'd be glad if anybody, be it a Muslim or Christian, shed more light on this.

It is just funny how people who are educated fail to question religion. Ignore whatever you have been taught , look at religion from a neutral perspective, you will understand a lot of things.
Don't ask questions. That is the mantra of religion.
It's depressing to try to reason with indoctrinated folks, they don't give logical answers, answers are always based on indoctrination not reasoning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2016
santori:
I remember back then 2009 in school when I encounter the first atheist in real life, this guys just have answers to every question. my first impression is, this guy is mad, sometimes I'm furious , felt like giving him a big slap on the face.

fast rack few years later I never knew he would end up being one of my best friend ever. in fact this guy is the most honest and straight forward person you can ever think of.

what I always tell those who care to listen is, you don't need any imaginary God to do good. It's just in you

Noticed that too when I met Azo the atheist I ended up converting. Atheist are honest to themselves.
You can't be a freethinker in a religious society without an heavy dose of honesty to yourself and then to others around you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Okpueze1(m): 7:18pm On May 02, 2016
Alfamann:

Colonial bullshiit. Thank doG I'm more exposed than my grand daddy.
e-diot, a Muslim backing an atheist for no reason only that he told you he was a pastor and now an atheist. Even the Muslims believe in God. You ar worst than an atheist. You are lazy and evil that's why you try to shut your conscience and blame God for your misdeeds.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 7:18pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are not following hun. If you were following, you would be able to answer this question all by yourself. wink
I am following, just trying to pick your brain.grin

Pantheism right?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 7:21pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:

Pantheism right?

Aunty freecocoa good evening grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by julioralph(m): 7:27pm On May 02, 2016
ExplicitContent:
As far as am concerned the OP is still very pointless,clueless and confused.. this basis for your Lost was conformed out of the desire to know everything.. and even as the bible has provided us with every knowledge we will seek of you never used it. You were in a haste to disagree with God. You claim to serve God and gave him your all and all but you were restricted to a single entity of worship. From the little questions and post you'v made I can see you are empty.
You never had knowledge. You were just doing works base on spirituality alone which is far from being the basis to ascertain a true Christian. Your doings were base on routine and obligations. Not by belief, love and submission.

You'd not read your Bible completely and for full understanding cause if you did you wouldn't be asking some childish questions am seeing on here. Who told you you saw it all? I laugh.
You were just about miracles,healing and spirituality which is very limited to a single entity of service. And does not in anyway uplift your purity,righteousness, knowledge,conformity and true relationship with the Holy spirit.

Okay look at you now.
You sitting on the fence about God's excellence and you not ashamed. How will you in your right senses now say there is no God. Do you know the source of the food you eat? What is water? Where does it pours out from. Why will one seize to exist if he stops breathing? What's behind the mystery of air in open. What is actually beneath the earth(ground) you have your legs on.
Have you travelled by air before? Do you see those heights?
Look at you!
|where were you when I layed the earth's foundation? Tell me if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know. Who stretch a measuring line across it. On what were the footings set? Or who laid the cornerstone - Job 38 :4-6
Your lost son.

|Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep? Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death? Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me if you know all this- Job 38 16-18.. oh lord.
OP, who endowed the heart with wisdom and gave understanding to the mind?
Who pours out rain? Who directs the way of the lightening bolts.
Can you raise your voice to the clouds and cover yourself with flood of water?
(excerpts from the book of Job)

Stupid kids who persist in foolishness you don't know it's only by God's power you exist(whether u believe in him or not) now you declare war on the lord when before you were born he form you in the uterus.
|who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me - Job 41:11

You are condemning God to justify yourself?
Listen here, The perfections of God are not affected by human opinion. everything in the universe is under his control,his rule and dominion. If you like believe if like don't, you don't affect the existence of anything not even yourself. Can you create a leaf? Or an ant.
You claim you were close to God yet you sound too ignorant(indeed you are) to know basic/deep truths.. how could you ask such a clueless question as why God allow people to suffer in earth. In this Age. You forgot your genesis, the sin of Adam, the 1st destruction,2nd destruction, God's promise not to destroy earth again. His sovereignty,the coming of christ,its significance. .
Gracious God!
See, Even in the farthest galaxy God has the glory,consistency for God is a none category.
One coolest thing is that even uponst all these you have done, if you eventually ask God for forgiveness his will forgive you. He is too merciful & gracious.
The calculation is 36,000ft below sea level about 7miles deep.
I don't use hell or eternal damnation as the basis of making people understand why they need to serve God. Rather, the fear of God because He is the creator of the universe and everything in it. God in His essence is infinite, transcendent,unlimited,exorbitant and omnipresent. There's not one sector or section that's left unaffected by his perfection.
Look, you can't fathom His understanding, we are like babies to him. His power can't be compared, even got exhaustive knowledge non can share..(not even you)
Believe me you were too shallow in your acclaimed service to in God.

And when I look at the lost ones with you..Sometimes I wish I could play God for a day, I will open up the gates let the world see my face, remove all doubts from the ones without the faith. But am just a man. God is not. His ways are not like ours. But you should see this;

|and then the Son of Man will appear in the sky,and all the nations of earth will mourn. They will see the son of man coming on the clouds of the sky,with power and great glory.- Matt 24;30
I know there are many forces that operate and manipulate the existence of the earth in present, but take it or live it- a time is coming when the Lord alone will be exalted!

And to you my fellow Christians, I can see many are very shaky in their defences. Therefore your voices tend to be on the raise and make them think you are agressive when you talk. But you not. Buttress your point with reference to the Word. When you are not armoured with the knowledge of the Word, you are vulnerable to be attacked in many ways. You have the Truth at your reach(the Word) but simply because you are ignorant of it(refused to study the Bible) the devil comes to tell you beautified lies as truth and since you ain't equipped with knowledge of the Truth yet you become prone to be easily manipulated. It ain't about church going and hypocritical fellowship attendance. Rather, personal communion with holy spirit, studying the Word to its depts and living the life of love and purpose. Make it about FAITH not Religion. The truth in what you believe in not the culture of indoctrination on how it is practised.

Finally,

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter. Fear God and keep his Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. Eccl :12 13-14

Awesome!!!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 7:28pm On May 02, 2016
urahara:

Aunty freecocoa good evening grin grin
good evening, how are you?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 02, 2016
Alfamann:

you must be a xtian

You mean Christian??..... Like CHRISTian??

I don't know what xtian means
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 7:39pm On May 02, 2016
urahara:

The point i am trying to make is that whether the creator is one or 2 or 2 trillion is all just on assumptions

What are the chances that one assumption is true when there are an infinite number of other equally valid assumptions?

1 ÷ ∞ = 1/∞

That is an infinitesimal chance, as close as you'd get to zero and still be a possibility.

We can also look at it like this. What if the world is not the product of a single Will? This is more interesting.

Even if there were only One God perhaps he was conflicted. He had a number of wills. He wanted to create a world full of free willed creatures, but then he wanted to make sure that they did exactly his bidding. The conflict of these two Impulses/Wills resulted in the dog's breakfast we call Life today.

There is plenty of evidence that God can experience conflict of wills. He made man and then just before the flood he repented that he made Man. He does so many things and then repents of doing them. So obviously there are more than one single impulse in him that drives him to do the things he does like e.g Creating worlds.

In this case it doesn't matter how many Gods there are. Many Gods that have one will and one purpose are indistinguishable but one God with many conflicting wills, now that's very very interesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 02, 2016
PastorAIO:

thanks...will try that
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
good evening, how are you?

I am cool
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by rawgame(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2016
deeplow:
I am not an atheist, but i have reservations about religion and what it teaches. I was talking to a Christian friend about a month ago, she kept going on and on about how Christianity is the only way to heaven.

So, i asked her, from the genesis, "why are you a Christian"?
She gave a lot of indirect answers. I helped her out, i told her she is initially a Christian because her parents are. I then asked her what Christianity said about non-believers and heaven. She said, Christianity is the passport to heaven.

So, i asked her, what did you do to/for God that i didn't do?
Why am i condemned to hell fire because of something i am innocent of?

Why did God let me choose parents who are practising the "wrong" religion?

What did i do to God?

Would God watch me burn for eternity over something he helped me do(we are to believe God chooses who our parents are)?

If truly God is all loving, why didnt he lead us all on the right path?

Why do i have to be Muslim and destined for hell fire?

She only just continued preaching, so, i just told her to continue with the meal. She didnt have an answer.

This is not an attack on Christianity!!! It is an attack on religion. it only came this way because of the way it happened.

I'd be glad if anybody, be it a Muslim or Christian, shed more light on this.

It is just funny how people who are educated fail to question religion. Ignore whatever you have been taught , look at religion from a neutral perspective, you will understand a lot of things.
God is never in a tight corner with regards to saving people. God said he will have mercy on whom he will he will have mercy(exodus.33:19). He always has a way of escape for those who diligently seek him(heb. 11:6). Jesus Christ had not yet come in the days of Abraham but Abraham and others like Enoch are saved. The Bible even let's use know that Angel Micheal and other angels loyal to God overcame Satan by the words of their testimonies and by the blood of the lamb.(Rev. 12:11)notice the war Micheal fought in revelation was before the finished work on calvary. Jesus Christ confirmed the outcome of that battle(Luke. 10:18). Quit thinking how God will do things in time to come and Obey him
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Page 102
Lazy people. Better leave the thread. It is not compulsory to go thru it. There are stories of teebillz on front page you can read

Who is "Lazy people"??
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wordcat(m): 7:47pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Lets plan then

Hahahahaha i have debated many, pastors, Jehovah witnesses even bus preachers, there is nothing new.

it will be fun... You game?

My guy, It won't be fun debating with a muslim not to talk of muslims

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Optionalx: 7:47pm On May 02, 2016
Bros believe what you like e no concern me. Is ya life enjoy tongue
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wordcat(m): 7:52pm On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Jeez! Why are people so dumb?
Where did I say I believe in heaven. You don't even know when someone is making a sarcastic statement.
Jeez!
Jonnydon22 are these the people you want to have live chat with? :-O

Don't laugh yet, remember that you were once like them and so also most of us some years back
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by matrix199(m): 7:54pm On May 02, 2016
-They say Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the father but by him.

-If you don't accept Jesus, you won't make heaven.

-Jesus will come harvest his people on the rapture day(those who accepted him as their lord and savior).

So I wanna ask, from what was said, if you don't accept him as your lord and savior, you won't make heaven. So, will christ come to harvest the christians who accepted him as their lord and savior, and leave behind children who are yet to understand the abc of religion? Or leave behind people with chromosomal disorders like down syndrome, cri du chat, and autism, who are mentally impaired to think normally and unstable to make choices? Or people who are in remote parts of the world where civilisation hasn't gotten to?

I'm not that good at argument, but I do know I'm very good at using a larger percent of my brain in free and logical reasoning..

Something just isn't right with this religion of a thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 02, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
You are making progress. Dont stop there, keep going. Remember the Wave-particle paradox? You are at pantheism now, you will soon get to the point of self.

I am not very fond of labels subscribing me to a particular world / God view or theory and even though pantheism makes a lot of sense to me, it has its limits too.

I am familiar with the wave-particle dualism.

Where do you want me to go from here / there?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:

Pantheism right?

Pantheism makes a lot of sense but has its limits too. I do not want to belong to any religious group or subscribe to ONE theory. I am NOT a pantheist.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by deeplow: 8:00pm On May 02, 2016
rawgame:
God is never in a tight corner with regards to saving people. God said he will have mercy on whom he will he will have mercy(exodus.33:19). He always has a way of escape for those who diligently seek him(heb. 11:6). Jesus Christ had not yet come in the days of Abraham but Abraham and others like Enoch are saved. The Bible even let's use know that Angel Micheal and other angels loyal to God overcame Satan by the words of their testimonies and by the blood of the lamb.(Rev. 12:11)notice the war Micheal fought in revelation was before the finished work on calvary. Jesus Christ confirmed the outcome of that battle(Luke. 10:18). Quit thinking how God will do things in time to come and Obey him

Thanks for taking time to respond. From your response, all I could deduce is that I should not believe what the bible says. The bible has clearly stated the fate of an unbeliever.

The bible is the word of God, your response advises me to disbelieve the word of God. Am I getting it wrong? Anyway, thanks.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 02, 2016
olumose001:
I guess page 79 ... ops sowi, my vision is getting blurry.. too much unreasonable comments, all because of one guy who has got beef with capital God..
[b][/b]

i'm not suprised....This sort of post attracts unreasonable people.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by andyanders: 8:03pm On May 02, 2016
nelsonoba:

Can I tell you something Mr NEW ATHEIST? We are not in a competition with atheists.......nobody is begging you to do God a favour by believing in Him. If you believe in God and the death and resurrection of Christ for your sins, you are merely doing yourself a favour of saving your soul. You will certainly discover if you or me is the FOOL here by the time you die and get into eternity to face judgement. Let's leave the answer to that till we both close our eyes here on earth and open them in eternity! No need to argue with you.

Exactly said. There are things you need not ague about on issues like this.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by rawgame(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2016
deeplow:

Thanks for taking time to respond. From your response, all I could deduce is that I should not believe what the bible says. The bible has clearly stated the fate of an unbeliever.

The bible is the word of God, your response advises me to disbelieve the word of God. Am I getting it wrong? Anyway, thanks.
you seem not to understand me. I ended the post by saying that you should obey God. Now I add that you should Accept Jesus Christ and believe him. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" Acts. 4:12

If you read Col. 1:20 "And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, if I say, whether there be things in earth, or things in heaven"
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 8:14pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Pantheism makes a lot of sense but has its limits too. I do not want to belong to any religious group or subscribe to ONE theory. I am NOT a pantheist.
Okay then.

Thank you for your time.grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by absoluteSuccess: 8:23pm On May 02, 2016
urahara:

And you assumed that to be my "assumption" because you can't prove what is beyond your grasp either.

You are fixed to how my mind operates and how to prove me wrong, not to share any enlightenment.

As such, your conclusion is of no intellectual significance either. You could have given a crystal-clear refutation of the God or the creator.

Same old story whichever way your assumptions goes, for or against.

At last,

There is no counsel against the Lord.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Great one from you, since you guys don't believe in the existence of any God or god could you please tell me here what you believe to be the true account of the creation of earth and the origin of man using empirical evidence.

Take the following in consideration,
1, logic is not enough to counter the existence of God i. e because u don't believe doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
2, man have existed for over a billion years

Now since u believe only empirical evidence [b]there are chances that the people you call your parents aren't really your biological parents, unless you have gone for a DNA testing. [/b]How many of you atheists have doubts of their parents? It still boils down to faith. You need it, I need it, its in everyone's sub conscious mind

Ok. Yes they are chances the people you call your biological parents are not your parents. The same way they are chances that underneath your house is a bomb set to detonate but you dont know about it. So the faith u are talking about is that the truthfulness or lack thereof can be confirmed easily .

For the parents. Dna

For the bomb. Call the professional who ll check meticulously for a bomb underneath your house.

Moreover , if u tell ur parents u dont bliv they are ur parents, they obviously wont throw u in a fire to be tortured for eternity

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 8:39pm On May 02, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

And you assumed that to be my "assumption" because you can't prove what is beyond your grasp either.

You are fixed to how my mind operates and how to prove me wrong, not to share any enlightenment.

As such, your conclusion is of no intellectual significance either. [b]could have given a crystal-clear refutation of the God or the creator.[b]

Same old story whichever way your assumptions goes, for or against.

At last,

There is no counsel against the Lord.

There is no way to refute a god or creator.
And my point is there is no way to refute multiple creators.

So our question is why go for a single creator why not for multiple creators

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.