Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act (51279 Views)

Tiwa Savage Is Probably A Child Of Chango And Oshun - Azealia Banks / Beyonce Paid Homage To Yoruba Goddess With Dressing At The Grammy / Tiwa Savage Is Gorgeous In New Makeup Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by scully95: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
Written by Grandson Soyemi.

Tiwa Salvage says she will always allow her estranged husband to have access to their son. As a Yoruba woman, she is totally in the wrong here. This is more so because the Yoruba people have three phases of marriage: the Introduction, the Engagement and the Registry, Church or Mosque Ceremony.

The most significant of the three stages is the engagement proper which is often conducted under the Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act.
The Act states that the children of the union between a husband and a wife belong to the father and if the father dies, the children belong to his immediate family. Tiwa's husband has all the rights over their child, according to the Yoruba culture and tradition, which are laws in Yorubaland.

However, this tradition is not the same as those of the White in America or the English from the United Kingdom, where more often than not it is the wife who has the custody of the children. In Yorubaland, it is the father who has the custody. Tiwa, therefore has no right whatsoever over the child of her union with the husband. She is in Lagos, Yorubaland and not in New York or London.
I have done this post to educate the gullible Yoruba Youth who may have watched Tiwa's video. On reflection, I am, however disturbed on the mores and mishaps that increasingly afflict love and marriage among young Yorubas.

Our society expects us all to get married. With only rare exceptions, we all do just that. Getting married is a rather complicated business. It involves mastering certain complex hustling and courtship games, the rituals and the ceremonies that celebrate the act of marriage, and finally the difficult requirements of domestic life with a husband or wife. It is an enormously elaborate round of activities, much more so than finding a job, and yet while many resolutely remain unemployed, few remain unmarried.

Now all this would not be particularly remarkable if there were no question about the advantages, the joys, and the rewards of married life, but most Yoruba, even young Yoruba, know or have heard that marriage is a hazardous affair.
Of course, for all the increase in divorce, there are still young marriages that work, unions made by young men and women intelligent or fortunate enough to find the kind of mates they want, who know that they want children and how to love them when they come, or who find the artful blend between giving and receiving.

It is not these marriages that concern us here, and that is not the trend in Yoruba today. We are concerned with the increasing number of others who, with mixed intentions and varied illusions, grope or fling themselves into marital disaster. They talk solemnly and sincerely about working to make their marriage succeed, but they are very aware of the countless marriages they have seen fail.
But young people in particular do not seem to be able to relate the awesome divorce statistics to the probability of failure of their own marriage. And they rush into it, in increasing numbers, without any clear idea of the reality that underlies the myth.
I can only hope Tiwa and her husband find the grace to work things out on their own.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by delishpot: 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Yes. The custom of enslavement. Later you guys come here to wonder why our mothers and foremothers never left their abusive and sad marriages. This is the reason why. The custom made sure to tie a woman down to a man one way or the other.man.
If she left the child as custom wants to force her to do, it's still those same hypocrites that will say she abandoned her baby and left the marriage. If she wants to carry her baby and leave those same people will say according to custom she should leave baby with the man. How then can a woman escape an unhappy and abusive marriage?

285 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
tiwa ssalvage..op you are high on conc oshogbo weed

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2016
owa ga bayio

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Sapphire86(f): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
OP, are you and TJ smoking cocaine together cuz this is pure trash!!

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by scully95: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
delishpot:
Yes. The custom of enslavement. Later you guys come here to wonder why our mothers and foremothers never left their abusive and sad marriages. This is the reason why. The custom made sure to tie a woman down to a man one way or the other.man.
If she left the child as custom wants to force her to do, it's still those same hypocrites that will say she abandoned her baby and left the marriage. If she wants to carry her baby and leave those same people will say according to custom she should leave baby with the man. How then can a woman escape an unhappy and abusive marriage?

Where did you see how it tied them down ? So you did not learn anything from the write up ? It only says Child belongs to the Father. it did not tie anyone to anywhere. It's only sensible to try to work things out irrespective of issues. The case of Tiwa is totally different and op decided to react to the part she said about the Kid cos that is the only rope left tieing them together after tiwa removed the Business rope by sacking her manager, her husband over a small issue that could be resolved via other ways.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by delishpot: 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

Where did you see how it tied them down ? So you did not learn anything from the write up ? It only says Child belongs to the Father. it did not tie anyone to anywhere. It's only sensible to try to work things out irrespective of issues. The case of Tiwa is totally different and op decided to react to the part she said about the Kid cos that is the only rope left tieing them together after tiwa removed the Business rope by sacking her manager, her husband over a small issue that could be resolved via other ways.

It ties her down. She said he is free to see his child but OP says child belongs to the man. So what does that do to tiwa? Should she leave the child and go? She has stated that he has access to his child recognizing his rights as a father towards his child. What more should she do?
Child belongs to both parents. This is why I advice parents to collect #1 bride price so if the man starts forming I spent my money to marry you, you just slap his face with his yeye bride price and kick his ass out.
No be force Na. She wants to move on let her be.

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by scully95: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
delishpot:

It ties her down. She said he is free to see his child but OP says child belongs to the man. So what does that do to tiwa? Should she leave the child and go?
Child belongs to both parents. This is why I advice parents to collect #1 bride price so if the man starts forming I spent my money to marry you, you just slap his face with his yeye bride price and kick his ass out.
No be force Na. She wants to move on let her be.

Who is talking about bride price here ? The Child belonging to the Father, means it used the rope to tie the wife down to the father right ? If the wife wants to go here, she's also free to go. So what's the point ?

How did that tie the wife down to the Husband ? She can also visit but the father will have full custody of the child (especially when it's one child) and when Child grows up to 18 he or she can decide where to go.

And this is simply because of Ladies generally. Single mother in Yoruba land are always suspected to be fcking about anyhow or some even turn prostitutes. (Even when they are married they are still fcking abt carelessely, and kids learn very fast from them especially when these kids are not with their fathers or the two living together)

So you expect the kid here to grow up and be like her mother right ? Again this is not London or Uk or even Russia where they have a different culture. This is Yoruba land and the helders must have seen a lot before coming to this conclusion.

If we are to even go by your idealism of slavery, it's catholic here that is doing that. As we speak it's almost impossible to get a divorce and marry again in Catholic church.
What is that ?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by delishpot: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

Who is talking about bride price here ? The Child belonging to the Father, means it used the rope to tie the wife down to the father right ? If the wife wants to go here, she's also free to go. So what's the point ?

How did that tie the wife down to the Husband ? She can also visit but the father will have full custody of the child (especially when it's one child) and when Child grows up to 18 he or she can decide where to go.

And this is simply because of Ladies generally. Single ladies in Yoruba land are always suspected to be fcking about anyhow or some even turn prostitutes. (Even when they are married they are still fcking abt carelessely, and kids learn very fast from them especially when these kids are not with their fathers or the two living together)

So you expect the kid here to grow up and be like her mother right ? Again this is not London or Uk or even Russia where they have a different culture. This is Yoruba land and the helders must have seen a lot before coming to this conclusion.

If we are to even go by your idealism of slavery, it's catholic here that is doing that. As we speak it's almost impossible to get a divorce and marry again in Catholic church.
What is that ?

It is slavery. Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Thank you for being a great sport. Some others would have cussed my head out cool

30 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by scully95: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
delishpot:

[/color]
It is slavery. Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Thank you for being a great sport. Some others would have cussed my head out cool
You are welcome... I don't use loose words first.. I was actually waiting for you to use cussed words before I fire my own.. Infact I have prepared what to say already lol..

Take care..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by delishpot: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

You are welcome... I don't use loose words first.. I was actually waiting for you to use cussed words before I fire my own.. Infact I have prepared what to say already lol..

Take care..

cool I also try not to cuss out people. I do not want to cause anybody to have negative vibe or at least I try not to.
Take care too

8 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Tiwa is a cheerful and joyful giver.

I heard she has a problem with her neck, that's why she doesn't say "NO" to grin

I call her Donatus, Obum-n'eke, Givinus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
This is 2016 not 1867.

Wake up you drunk gay fish

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by DICKtator: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by cold(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
onadana:
cool coolIf the foundations are destroyed.....most marriages are built on faulty foundation.Most of this people don't know God or do they fear Him.No matter what we do when God is not in it anything can happen.
Sigh..even god could not hold his own kingdom together. What say you now?

3 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by mayorkyzo: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
I have never heard of a Yoruba Customary Marriage Act before. Which of the Yoruba states passed the act into law? Who signed it?

In any case, Tiwa and Tbillz were married under the Marriage Act and she has filed for divorce accordingly. The divorce proceedings will be done according to the Marriage Act and not any phantom Yoruba Cust. Marr. Act.

The only thing I am wondering is; since Tbillz is the party who is jobless and earns less, will he ask the court to award him maintenance from Tiwa Savage?

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
This is more so because the Yoruba people have three
phases of marriage: the Introduction, the Engagement and the
Registry, Church or Mosque Ceremony.

Stopped reading from here. The church/mosque/registry is part of the Yoruba marriage rites? I give up.

#Ignorant_author

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by sukkot: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
my name is tee billz and i shytt on this thread

[img]http://audreyamah.files./2013/12/teel-billz.jpg[/img]

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
scully95:

small issue?
Being married to a philanderer who mismanages money and takes cocaine, is a small issue?

Haba uncle!!!

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by holluwai(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
Omo

This tiwa and tbills have cause a lot of this bloggers to becomes millionaires overnight, hits after hits after hits on their pages.
wink
One mans fall is to th benefit of another. That man/men or woman/women that will fall so I can benefit will fall tonight. Amen
Not again!

God pls deliver us from this TJ/Tiwa pollution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by LesbianBoy(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
My own is, why are nigerian ladies supporting tiwa? angry

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by freecocoa(f): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Good thing the constitution of the federation, isn't based on your women enslaving nonsense laws.

12 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by dammytosh: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Which act allows the wife to feed the husband ?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by ireneony(f): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
I pity poor jamile

3 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Bgorgeous: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Guy u lie!

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by moshino(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
The 'ABOBAKU' concept is also a Yoruba custom. How's that working out for you!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by beautifulage(f): 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
so she should leave the child to d father s
o he turns out to be like him custom that has not taken us any where mtcheeeeeeeeweww

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Is Wrong According To Yoruba Cutomary Marriage Act by Sanchez01: 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
The head of marriage customary act is not correct undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Laila Ali, Muhammad Ali's Daughter Who Inherited His Boxing Talent (photos) / Abdul Rasheed Bello, JJC, & His Children Pictured / Sira Kante Rocks Ankara Swimsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.