Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature (20948 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani / No More Witches In Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 12:18am On May 01, 2016
Osaara, goddess/deity of swamp, children & the wife of Oduduwa had her festival done today by at Moore, her home/shrine and it was graced by the Ooni & Ife people.

Here are some pictures:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 08, 2016
The Ooni saying prayers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 08, 2016
More.

1. Agbon Oooni

1 Like

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by macof(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2016
smiley
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by newbornmacho(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2016
All this demon worship just to attract tourism Its uncalled for.

8 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by tuzeriouz(m): 2:44am On May 09, 2016
newbornmacho:

it's not demon worship. it's our culture , heritage and history.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Wulfruna(f): 3:11am On May 09, 2016
newbornmacho:

Put a stopper on your leaky face! angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by chriskosherbal(m): 3:40am On May 09, 2016
I see
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by demslayerrz: 4:05am On May 09, 2016
newbornmacho:

Typical Ibo man, always denigrating others and they are worst. Smh

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by compoundC: 4:59am On May 09, 2016
[size=28pt]When I saw it, I laugh
Ife is just the centre of juju or voodoo

e[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by macof(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2016
compoundC:
[size=28pt]When I saw it, I laugh Ife is just the centre of juju or voodoo
e[/size]
is that a bad thing?

4 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 09, 2016
Aboru Aboye oooo

11 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 09, 2016
This is the same man forming tough guy when he was just crowned by declaring his total love for Jesus. Well, he has no choice lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 09, 2016
kolawaxxy:
This is the same man forming tough guy when he was just crowned by declaring his total love for Jesus. Well, he has no choice lipsrsealed

Lol

He was just wyning himself then. He was tet to know the depth of job he signed up for.
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by babyfaceafrica: 7:52pm On May 09, 2016
Ok nice one
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 09, 2016
KIRIJI:
Aboru Aboye oooo

Ogbo ato asure iwori wofun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 09, 2016
Part of the Babalawo Olodu meridinlogun (16 Babalawos with Odus) at the Osaara festival.

2 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 09, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Wulfruna(f): 9:55am On May 10, 2016
9jacrip:
Part of the Babalawo Olodu meridinlogun (16 Babalawos with Odus) at the Osaara festival.

This is interesting. Ile-Ife was the last place I expected to find this type of hats! If these pictures had randomly popped up somewhere else I would have thought they came from the Niger Delta!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 10:09am On May 10, 2016
Wulfruna:

This is interesting. Ile-Ife was the last place I expected to find this type of hats! If these pictures had randomly popped up somewhere else I would have thought they came from the Niger Delta!

They started using it during colonial times, in recent times.

Originally, they'd scrape their hair but leave a small part of the left side of their head like a ball where a black soap pounded in herbs and animal blood is then placed on the round tuft of hair with the red feather stuck in it.

They still do their hair that way but they cover their heads during cerenonies such as this.

I think that hat with gin to Ooni's palace chiefs & Ifa chiefs during Olubuse 1's period.

2 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Wulfruna(f): 10:28am On May 10, 2016
9jacrip:

They started using it during colonial times, in recent times.

Originally, they'd scrape their hair but leave a small part of the left side of their head like a ball where a black soap pounded in herbs and animal blood is then placed on the round tuft of hair with the red feather stuck in it.

They still do their hair that way but they cover their heads during cerenonies such as this.

I think that hat with gin to Ooni's palace chiefs & Ifa chiefs during Olubuse 1's period.

Super cool!

Hey, you know your way around Lagos, right? And you sound like an academic or someone with a history background, so you're probably the right person to ask this. Do know you any good bookstore in Lagos where one can get good Nigerian history books - Stephen Akitoye's "History of the Yoruba People", for example?
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by FemiOlarinde: 10:38am On May 10, 2016
Beautiful tradition. Lalasticlala please can you help us put this to the FP
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 10:56am On May 10, 2016
Wulfruna:

Super cool!

Hey, you know your way around Lagos, right? And you sound like an academic or someone with a history background, so you're probably the right person to ask this. Do know you any good bookstore in Lagos where one can get good Nigerian history books - Stephen Akitoye's "History of the Yoruba People", for example?

For books like that I'll suggest you try Unilag Bookstore if they have one.

Why not buy a kindle edition on Amazon? That way you can read on any of your devices except you like paperback for your library.
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Wulfruna(f): 11:14am On May 10, 2016
9jacrip:

For books like that I'll suggest you try Unilag Bookstore if they have one.

Why not buy a kindle edition on Amazon? That way you can read on any of your devices except you like paperback for your library.

Ah, UNILAG. I'll look there. Thank you!

I don't enjoy reading book-length stuff on my device. Usually when I start reading an interesting book on a device, I just stop after a few chapters and begin to look for where I can get a hard copy. I think it's something about screens, I don't like looking at them for too long. Plus I like the feel of paper. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by YourNemesis: 11:30am On May 10, 2016
Woooow.... I love this.
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Robseun: 12:13pm On May 10, 2016
We have a good culture for tourism
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by asumo12: 12:13pm On May 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by oluwaley: 12:14pm On May 10, 2016
the beauty of africa/// this is the kind of things i love seeing
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by FUCKU: 12:16pm On May 10, 2016
Nairaland is another new world. Buried in insta, Facebook, whatsapp, IMO.. But Nairaland is another new and special world

1 Like

Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Kaldakinn: 12:18pm On May 10, 2016
Representing
Re: Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 10, 2016
Nice.. see the festival i attended over d weekend as well

Isese Lagba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Olushola Alao Celebrates His Birthday Today (photos) / Nigerian Wedding Invitations / Ijebu Monarch Funso Omo–Ogunkoya Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.