Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (572 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by stephenonyx(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2016
Pls can someone give me a candid advice
Am a graduate of statistics and I got a job last year as an auditor in a fast food company. After working for 2 months. I was made an outlet manager by the GMD. Pls it's upto 5 months now and no increment for my new post. Promotion comes with increment. But almost all my writing to the management to consider my salary is to all avail. Even some junior staff that I manage recieve more than me their manager and I thinks it's an insult to me. I think this is slavery and I can't bear it any coupled that the company is in ikoyi lagos. Where everytin is expensive and there are no benefits attached to the job

#35k! Is very poor for a graduate. Pls your candid advice pls
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by finalboss1(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2016
will advice you to calm down... still stay with dur job till u find another... it will be unwise for u to quit dur job nd become jobless..

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by donbenedict(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2016
Hw the heck can u be a manager and be earning 35k for goodness sake!!!!

What sort of rubbish is that.. drivers who earn 40, 50k, office assistants who earn same amount..

My brother u need to quit! Seriously.. and dnt even listen to people who say there is no job, manage. Dats fifty shades of bullshit..
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Delphi(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2016
You need to calm down. Also, nothing stops you from looking for other opportunities while working there. It's never the best to stay out of job and look for job. The management are not daft. They know it's inordinate for subordinates to receive salaries more than their boss'. This is your time to work hard (smart) and impress them. Show you have got skill/talent/wherewithal to occupy and sustain that position. If you impress them, you gonna get double increment. I may say one of the reasons they've not given u increment is that Management may be in doubt on what salary scale to peg you. So, instead of complaining and putting up repugnant attitude to work, be good and steadfast in your role. However, this does not preclude you looking for opportunities elsewhere. But, I advise, you stay patient and learn the 'managerial role' very well before quitting. It may help somewhere else. Not every Organization can give u this opportunity. So bro, if you give an imperisive disposition to the job, expect your pay rise in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by jarrot(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2016
Keep looking out for a better job while you are still working with them.

A bird at hand worths more than a thousand in the bush. Think Twice!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2 / How To Attract Top Talent / Job Opportunities Fiber Brought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.