Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (24634 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by UnknownT: 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
See you at work on Monday undecided

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifeajikap(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?
refer me to take ur position wen u r ready to leave

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by StPete: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifeajikap:
Lol cheesy you no well

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
UnknownT:
See you at work on Monday undecided
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifeajikap(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
Lol cheesy you no well
I serious die

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
StPete:
undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Uncle you have reach here
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifeajikap:
I serious die
undecided

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifeajikap(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
undecided
well dats a good reason y u shuld nt quit
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifeajikap:
well dats a good reason y u shuld nt quit
You haven't stated the reason
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Cutehector(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
Misskiffy, pls just endure.. please.. let her do her worst.

Be strong..

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cutehector:
Misskiffy, pls just endure.. please.. let her do her worst.

Be strong..
Thanks smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifeajikap(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

You haven't stated the reason
d reason is dat dere sum1 willing to take d job immediately u leave. Nd u avnt achieved wat made u take d job yet wateva ur objective was

3 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by fromnigeria(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
An orgnaisation/Business like this has no future.

In addition, don't quit, just plan on, till she says otherwise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by StPete: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifeajikap:
d reason is dat dere sum1 willing to take d job immediately u leave. Nd u avnt achieved wat made u take d job yet wateva ur objective was

Sometimes we stay outside and feel every scenario can be easily handled. If several ppl hav quit d job over d yrs, wat makes u think u will find it any easier?

Many employers will begin to feel like they are gods and are doing u a favour. By Monday, a lot of ppl are going to even start receiving harsh treatments from their respective employers after d employers finish reading dis. People think whether d employer is right or wrong, employees must stay and die at their places of work

20 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Cutehector(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Thanks smiley
yeah, I guess i"m d only one Dat feels ur pain cuz i"v had one terrible boss like Dat.. chei, dis man will rake and rake and rake sotey, he go vex enta car comot....

Immediately I was paid my salary on one certain month like Dat, omo d next day I no come work.. cheesy the man been hear ween... onto say nobody to do the work for office grin

Lwkmd! He call me tire I nor gree pick..

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by BrilliantMind: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
"@ MissKiffy" pls dont quit oooo,jobless people dont find it easy staying at home and you dont run away for challenges.All d best

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cutehector:
yeah, I guess i"m d only one Dat feels ur pain cuz i"v had one terrible boss like Dat.. chei, dis man will rake and rake and rake sotey, he go vex enta car comot....

Immediately I was paid my salary on one certain month like Dat, omo d next day I no come work.. cheesy the man been hear ween... onto say nobody to do the work for office grin

Lwkmd! He call me tire I nor gree pick..
I guess it turned out well for you
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Cutehector(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

I guess it turned out well for you
oh yes.. grin i"m running my masters program now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by LaurelP(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
I can relate to this. But do u have a plan B?

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by kheart(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
i v been in a similar jam before, i quit the ****ing job and feels good (atleast for a while) but i advice u to get plan b first oh cos job no easy to come by this days

3 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cutehector:
oh yes.. grin i"m running my masters program now
That's good
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
fromnigeria:
An orgnaisation/Business like this has no future.
I agree, she's just gonna run it down with her attitude if care is not taken

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
LaurelP:
I can relate to this. But do u have a plan B?
Not really jare, tho I do get invites for interview once in a while, the job doesn't even afford me the luxury of attending interviews as I would have loved to sef
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
kheart:
i v been in a similar jam before, i quit the ****ing job and feels good (atleast for a while) but i advice u to get plan b first oh cos job no easy to come by this days
Were you able to get another place on time after you quit
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by 4C2215131: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
You said you have an inkling you're about to be fired which given her nature may be true.

Unlike most advice you'll get here I suggest you QUIT!

Again, your productivity will be seriously affected by your present mind frame which now informs shoddy workmanship which ultimately now gives Mrs. Jezebel a legitimate excuse for firing your ass.

Save yourself the embarrassment of being fired and take the noble road; drink the hemlock!

Stop fretting about getting another job, you'll xop one same as you did this just make sure you upgrade up ( or down for that matter as long as it is for short run reasons).

5 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by 4C2215131: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
You said you have an inkling you're about to be fired which given her nature may be true.

Unlike most advice you'll get here I suggest you QUIT!

Again, your productivity will be seriously affected by your present mind frame which now informs shoddy workmanship which ultimately now gives Mrs. Jezebel a legitimate excuse for firing your ass.

Save yourself the embarrassment of being fired and take the noble road; drink the hemlock!

Stop fretti.f about getting another job, you'll xop one same as you did this just make sure you upgrade up ( or down for that matter as long as it is for short run reasons).
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by QtKatie(f): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
I've been in a similar situation before. In my own case, it was a private school. Its really not easy having to wake up every morning and show up at a job you've come to detest. The headteacher was always on my case, mistake or no mistake. She was just difficult to please......like say dem take her swear for me. At a point, I just made up my mind to leave so I stopped wasting my efforts and just waited for her to do her worst. She eventually did.....and I waltzed out of the building with a big smile on my face, without any regret or looking back. Imagine where person dey smile with sack letter. Today, I have a better job which I enjoy so much.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by SoNature(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifeajikap:

Please say something more reasonable! Mtcheeewww

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifeajikap(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
SoNature:

Please say something more reasonable! Mtcheeewww
I said sumtyn reasonable its jus dat u couldn't comprehend

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by publicenemy(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Don't quit. Go to work every morning, do your job, try so much to stay out of her way, don't gossip or do anything that will draw her attention to you and if she comes at you anyway just do what she wants and continue ur day after all she is ur boss and you only spend 8 to 9 hours at work daily. Ur situation isn't that bad, I had similar situation with a mad boss and I was the manager. I couldn't stay away from his madness. If the driver drives rough on their way to the office, he let's it out on me when he gets to the office. If his wife shouts at him at home, he let's it out on me at the office, if the secretary coughs, he let's it out on me at the office, "Becos you am the manager" he says. So I resigned and for six months now I haven't gotten another job but Resigning from that company is like the best decision I have ever made. So I know what its like, waking up in the morning and just knowing you are going to deal with a witch at the office but you have to deal with it. There are no jobs out here and for a lady it isn't funny. I hate to see ladies letting themselves being taken for granted because the are broke. As a guy I do some menial jobs just to get by, but for ladies it isn't that easy... I actually resigned becos my boss is my uncle and you know how family business is like. If he wasn't a relative I would just go to work everyday, deal with his madness and get my salary at the end of the month. If he runs his company into the ground with his hands I move on to the next job.

So don't quit unless you are sure ur about to be fired.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Colleague Nearly Got Himself Sacked / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.