Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member (2630 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / Wooow!! Osun State Batch A 2016 Corpers Just Got 60k Each From Davido's Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:36am On May 01, 2016
introduction
after several months of dilly dallying, postponements and time wasting gimmicks employed for camping of batch a 2016 corp member, the D-day (april 20th,2016) came and everyone was virtually scrambling the already traffic-laden nysc website. after several attempts for many hours, i gave hope and kept checking the main thread for batch a 2016 created by logodwhiz for update. Around 9pm, i observed that people were already printing their call-up letters and all i did was to console myself that i'd check mine at dawn. Behold, the urge to check ASAP became intense as people began to post their states of deployment and some folks bemoan that they'd have to wait to stream 2. i then began to ask people to check for me which kept showing 'parameter is not valid' and i became more worried but somehow took my mind off it and slept off. waking up, i chose to do some laundry to ease off the tension. so many of my guys already printed theirs and most of them don't like their postings.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Nobody: 8:43am On May 01, 2016
Subscribed.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2016
i was dumbfounded to see that i was posted to Taraba and i was like, why me? i had hoped that any of my other three options would be ok + abj,akwa ibom and enugu. anyway, i began to check up all i could see about Taraba. i joined the thread on taraba created by actorlee and also joined the whatsapp group. i heard that the journey from lagos will be like 20-22 hours, very hot sun, 2nd highest HIV prevalence in the country and so many heart-rending remarks about the state but i had decided that i would go and wouldn't redeploy. i alongside some taraba-bound PCM agreed to leave on tuesday so as to get there by wednesday. i was glad though that some of my former coursemates and OAU alumni would be there too and i won't be bored. Tuesday morn and i left home as early as 4.30 am and got to iddo park at oyingbo before 5 am and meander my way to locate fair plus park which we had agreed to board, paid 9k and chose a cozy single seat because of my height.The bus took off at exactly 7.30 am. Oya, Taraba leggo!
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:26am On May 01, 2016
The driver was damn good. he was driving around 120 km/hr and in no time we got to ibadan,osun(we drove past OAU gate and i had nostalgic feeling about my almamater), ondo (with rocks everythere, we stopped by to eat there.) then kogi seems to be larger than i knew coz we spent hours still in there, okene in kogi is big o (i tire o). by then it was around 4pm and we journeyed further to benue. chai! benue is very large i slept and woke up like thrice only to discover that we're still in Benue( kilode!) when we got close to gboko we saw some men wearing red jackets and then i realised they NDLEA men and my fear was allayed till i heard PARK! PARK! the driver told him that we were PCM and they weren't moved neither. a man motioned to a guy beside me to show his bag,they ransacked everywhere then i quickly said sir, i have some drugs in my bags o and the man was like which drug and i said paracetamol and ibucap. he barked at me saying we're looking for narcotics and psycopathic drugs not sold over the counter.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by henchamb(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2016
seated with popcorn. Pls make it more spicy and be fast with the food. edible catering is here
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2016
we got to katsina- ala and then zabeki(not sure if i got this right) the driver said we'd pass the night there.we ate, charged our phones and chatted. i later heard that fulani herdsmen waylayed some buses and robbed them off their money and properties. i was so full of thanks to God( ori iya mi o, ma pada lehin mi o). i slept off in an idle bench till i was tapped by a fellow itinerant 'wake up' we're set to go! the driver zoomed off and in about 2 hours or so, we were in taraba but i saw a small sign post with 390km to jalingo. in no time, i dozed off again. i woke up to see vast arable lands uncultivated and small structures looking like silos or barns and no sign of electricity. we got to a road block and a soldier weilding ak47 said PARK! 'where u dey come from? 'lagos' echoed the driver. 'na pple were dey call demsef corfer be dis?' absolute silence rented the air and d soldier barked 'come down everybody' we were all filled with awe until a woman in d bus came down and pleaded on our behalf. Ope o!
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2016
we got to the camp around 3pm and were on a single file. we have our loads checked and my clipper was seized. i filled a form and was directed to pick a mattress. mehn, they were as flat as a pizza( how will i enjoy sleep on this na?), did other reg and got my kits(khaki inclusive). the sun was blazingly hot. around 6pm on the fist day in camp, the bigle was blown and we were all gathered for the parade. the camp commandant welcomed us and we did some drills. we learnt the NYSC anthem and began the 'at ease' 'paraaaaade shun' 'paraaade remove hairdress' (face cap). after 2 hours, the parade ended and the bigle was blown again, it was time for food we queued up in a single file with our meal tickets to collect jollof rice and meat. by 10 pm, it was black out, i retired in bed and first day in camp was over.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by joefredd006(m): 11:08am On May 01, 2016
'until a woman pleaded on our behalf to the soldiers'
why did you guys have to beg to pass. Do they even know you are guests of the federal government's? smh for this country.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2016
joefredd006:
'until a woman pleaded on our behalf to the soldiers'
why did you guys have to beg to pass. Do they even know you are guests of the federal government's? smh for this country.
guy, u never know as e dey go. you should never argue with a soldier especially a sun-burnt, gun bearing, trigger-happy Hausa soldier

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 01, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
guy, u never know as e dey go. you should never argue with a soldier especially a sun-burnt, gun bearing, trigger-happy Hausa corper.
Abi nah,I as a person don't argue with military men,be it police or soldier or even vigilantes,life has got no duplicate,it end within a twinkle of an eye all in the statement"Accidental Discharge".
Continue bro,you've got a follower.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Hopeyem12(m): 1:57pm On May 01, 2016
Man! Am really enjoying ur ordeal, it's interesting just hoping aunty Linda will cover dis. Dats the beauty of NYSC, exposure and more hard learning. Looking forward to more.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Gosj01(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2016
Subscribing
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by swagifted(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2016
Pls do and jump to the club zero part... I de hear una updates. .
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by naughtylagosguy(m): 8:50am On May 02, 2016
If you love good food, visit Olayinka Restaurant at Mammy Market. If you're the drinking and flexing type, visit Club Zero One. If you need good laundry service, visit Segun. My twocents.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by phykel(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
guy, u never know as e dey go. you should never argue with a soldier especially a sun-burnt, gun bearing, trigger-happy Hausa soldier
Welldone guy
Please can I av ur whatsap no I need t chat with you.I'm posted to Taraba bt na stream 2.
Great Ife!!!!!
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by swagifted(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2016
phykel:

Welldone guy
Please can I av ur whatsap no I need t chat with you.I'm posted to Taraba bt na stream 2.
Great Ife!!!!!
baba abeg how did you know you were posted to taraba stream 2

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:35am On May 03, 2016
DAY 2 IN CAMP
The day began with a blast of the bugle around 4 a.m after which we took turns to have our bath in a water-logged bathroom. i was thinking that shebi na 9ja we dey,African time go still dey. before i knew it, d hostel was virtually empty and i made my way down to the parade ground. as i turned right, i heard a soldier called out 'white fowl, double-up!' i looked around to see the fowl he was refern to before it dawn on me that i was d white fowl(obviously coz we're always on white top and short). then he shouted again 'go down'(meaning i should squat) chai! after few minutes he motioned to me 'jump up, and double up' i quickly jogged down to the parade grown. The camp director in4md us that the DG will be visiting as well as the governor in 2 day's time. we did parade as usual.
man o war: morale
corpers: hi
m o w: who go tire?
corpers:na u go tire
m o w: corper go tire?
corpers: na u go tire after which we had yam and stew as breakfast, had eba for lunch and rice for dinner. Day 2 ends.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:39am On May 03, 2016
swagifted:
Pls do and jump to the club zero part... I de hear una updates. .
i'm a teetotaller. no alcohols.
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2016
naughtylagosguy:
If you love good food, visit Olayinka Restaurant at Mammy Market. If you're the drinking and flexing type, visit Club Zero One. If you need good laundry service, visit Segun. My twocents.
sure, olayinka restaurant had always been providing succour. i wondered how the woman is that fair staying in Taraba
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by callMeAlpha(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2016
Hope the babes go wella there?
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by joefredd006(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2016
Not criticising but, i think we (or lemme just speak for myself alone ) need something more explicit and adventurous. You could also give little details like what the camp looked like, reactions of the Corp memebers to some drillings, notorious sexcapades (if it isn't too early yet) , other events that occur during the day and even nightlife.

It wouldn't hurt to do a review of the ladies, dress sense, attitude, shortcomings and people you have met. You are no Shakespeare, but your followers are looking up to you to be their eyes and ears.

Moreover, an saying goes, ' a single picture is worth a thousand words'
Re: Tales Of A 2016 batch A Taraba Corp member by spacks(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2016
this is taraba camp, i'm a batch b corper serving in takum. qoute me if u want 2 runs ur posting 2 ur choice lga like jalingo, zing , takum or gembu.

(1) (Reply)

Broke Corper Moves From Earning 33K To Half A Million. Discover His Secret ➔➔➔ / A Legit And Trusted Platform Only On Giftalworld / Ibadan Corps Members, Save Your Self From Pressure Of Looking For Jobs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.