Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ (1363 Views)

Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) / Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Gombe Over Buhari's Rejection Of Peace Corps Bill / Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 01, 2016
The Nigeria Peace Corps Act when passed into law will provide employment for over 800,000 Nigerian youths as well as addressing social problems confronting Nigerian youths through their pre- occupation in meaningful and productive ventures. This was disclosed by national commandant, Peace Corps of Nigeria Dr Dickson Akoh while reacting to the passage of the bill at the second reading by the Senate. He noted that the time has come for Nigeria’s youth to be properly guided and motivated towards the part of integrity, career development and creativity, which will in no doubt accumulate into genuine national building. “Currently we have about 98,000 youths in all the states of the federation where youths have been employed. The bill going to the national assembly and scaling through second reading in both the house of representative and senate and being refer to senate committee of interior for public hearing, will motivate the youths that have been committed to the selfless service of this organisation . It will bring more jobs and more empowerment to our Nigeria youths. “Apart from that, once the bill is pass into law, we raised an issue that instead of corps members participating in election and putting their lives at risks, it is better you use organisation which have been in security and safety measures,” he said. It should be recalled that the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill earlier in September, 2015 scaled through second reading in the House of Representatives and was referred to the house committee on interior to organize a public hearing, which will be coming up before the end of March, 2016. Meanwhile the commandant while reacting to the issue of giving N5,000 to unemployed youths in the country, stated that the idea should be killed adding that the main issue is for Nigerian youths to the taught the ethics of hard work which will take them far in life. “It is an insult to give a graduate N5000. Convert it to dollar, how much is it? I am against it. Nigerian youth should be thought the ethics of hard work. They should be creative and innovative rather than waiting for the N5000 handout,” he said.
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by MrScript(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2016
Wow... Mods should move this to Front page pls, how can I enroll into the Nigerian Peace Corps
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 01, 2016
MrScript:
Wow... Mods should move this to Front page pls, how can I enroll into the Nigerian Peace Corps

I heard the forms are on sale in abj but i cant tell.
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by ddugeri(m): 11:23am On May 02, 2016
MrScript:
Shift commot for road jareh
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by MrScript(m): 7:00pm On May 02, 2016
ddugeri:
Gerrahere...
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by MrScript(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2016
EnuguJOBHUNT:

I heard the forms are on sale in abj but i cant tell.
Are you an officer?
Re: 'nigeria Peace Corps Act When Passed Into Law Will Create Employment’ by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 03, 2016
ddugeri:

why do you ignore the guy's comment? what is wrong in wanting to join the peace corps of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Nebosh Training For 210k In Port Harcourt / Just Imagining Working With My Girlfriend In The Same Office! / Training: Introduction To Stress Analysis & Caesar II (a 5 Day Course)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.