Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel (1391 Views)

Israel Downs Iranian Drone, Strikes Syria; Israeli F-16 Shot Down, Pilots Safe / Why Is There So Much Controversy Over Israel Building Settlements In The W/Bank? / Dutch Prisons Are Closing Because The Country Is So Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by ValerianSteel(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2016

[img]http://mickhartley.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451ebab69e2017d3d796144970c-pi[/img]

In a contentious move, Naidm Koteich, a well-known Lebanese political analyst revealed his support for Israeli annexation of the currently embattled Syrian city of Aleppo, arguing that were this scenario to take place, the city would have been peaceful, like the Golan.

In a comment he wrote on his Twitter page, Koteich expressed dismay over the absence of an Israeli move to annex Aleppo. "If Israel would have annexed Aleppo, it would have been safe today, like the Golan. Aleppo's citizens would have been better off living under occupation than living under ruins," Koteich wrote.

Israel took the Golan Heights during the 1967 Six Day War, and in 1981 extended Israeli law to the region, thereby de facto annexing it. Koteich's comment came shortly after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that Israel would never renounce the Golan, infuriating Syrian politicians. Thus, many Syrian social media activists began wrangling with Koteich for voicing pro- Israel opinion.

A Twitter user affiliated with the Syrian opposition said: "the carnage in Aleppo increases our hatred for Zionists, because without Israel, Assad would have gone." Many other users cursed Koteich, claiming that he should be incarcerated for being an Israeli agent. Koteich anchors DNA, a daily show broadcast on the Lebanese Future Television Network. On his show, he tends to criticize Iran and its involvement in Lebanon, calling Lebanon "a mafia state" controlled by Hezbollah.

The northern Syrian city of Aleppo has been witnessing endless bombardments by the Syrian air force in the last week, in a bid to oust rebel factions from the city's outskirts.

Since the city was excluded from the truce forged by the American administration and Russia on Friday, airstrikes continue hitting the city, causing hundreds of civilian causalities.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Lebanese-journalist-Aleppo-would-have-been-safe-like-the-Golan-were-it-annexed-by-Israel-452770
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by shaybebaby(f): 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
What are you? Nairaland's resident Al jazera? grin
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by ValerianSteel(m): 6:41pm On May 01, 2016
shaybebaby:
I regularly post news about my homeland,Israel,adopted country,the United States,and Nigeria mostly.You should visit this section of the forum often you'll see the battle that goes on here undecided
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by whitecloth: 6:43pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Aleppo's citizens would
have been better off living under occupation than
living under ruins," Koteich wrote.
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Lebanese-journalist-Aleppo-would-have-been-safe-like-the-Golan-were-it-annexed-by-Israel-452770
That statement is true, but the citizen might not want to admni that fact, though it will be moving in there heart.

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by panafrican(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2016
Jerusalem would have been safe if returned to the Palestinian people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by shaybebaby(f): 7:54pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I regularly post news about my homeland,Israel,adopted country,the United States,and Nigeria mostly.You should visit this section of the forum often you'll see the battle that goes on here undecided

Will visit more, soon as I get my exams out of the way. Recently just started getting interested in current affairs, namely of my adopted country(uk), following the American presidential campaign ( feeling the bern).
So that is you in your dp. Why the interest in Nigeria? For me, it's my country of birth, what's your Deal?
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 8:15pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]I regularly post news about my homeland,Israel,adopted country,the United States,and Nigeria mostly.You should visit this section of the forum often you'll see the battle that goes on here undecided[/s]

Trash!

2 Likes

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 8:16pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I [s]regularly post news about my homeland,Israel,adopted country,the United States,and Nigeria mostly.You should visit this section of the forum often you'll see the battle that goes on here undecided

[/s]

Trash!

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 8:20pm On May 01, 2016
shaybebaby:

Will visit more, soon as I get my exams out of the way. Recently just started getting interested in current affairs, namely of my adopted country(uk), following the American presidential campaign ( feeling the bern).
So that is you in your dp. Why the interest in Nigeria? For me, it's my country of birth, what's your Deal?

Visiting this section will do you no good... If you want to learn anything new just do some independent research, but if you must visit this thread or section be wary and cautious of that transgendered you quoted, He's one of the most ignorant, deluded, and deceitful posters I've seen on any online forum.
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 8:20pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I [s]regularly post news about my homeland,Israel,adopted country,the United States,and Nigeria mostly.You should visit this section of the forum often you'll see the battle that goes on here undecided

[/s]

Trash
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Poseidon000: 8:37pm On May 01, 2016
panafrican:
[size=13pt][b]
You and I know that your assertion is almost not obtainable in reality. The only reason There's peace in palestine is becs they have one common and paramount enemy(isreal).

Arab world/middle east is a paradise of revolt and gullibility. they're are not cut out for the present system of governance. This is as a result of egregious fundamentalism and achiac perception, coupled with their infinitesimal tolerance to anything that does not conform with their idealogy and alien to their religion(look at sunni and shia melee).

Take Syria as touch-stone. a place where some group of senseless miscreants were given weapon to unleash mayhem on their own people just bcs of an individual and they sybaritically obliged.

Notable mentions is libya, egypt, tunisia, yemen, bahrian etc.

The moment they have less or no enemy, they automatically turn on themselves under the guise of ethnicity,tribalism, Sectarianism, religion etc. Hope you're privy to the hullabaloo emanating btwn Iran and Saudi Arabia.
I unequivocally understand that peace is a far dream in all corner of the world, but their's is acute. I mean, where does most of the brouhaha in the world comes from? No need to say, cos It's overt to all and sundry.

That said. I do not subcribe to any country annexing any part of a sovereign nation, except There's legitimate reason or they have historical cliam to the land.
[/b][/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by ValerianSteel(m): 9:14pm On May 01, 2016
shaybebaby:

Please #FeelTheMath,Senator Sanders is out of the race already and we already have our next POTUS come November.Hillary Rodham Clinton will rule the free world.

About Nigeria,Was transferred to Lagos for work for four good years.Found Nigeria very exciting and chilling.

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Missy89(f): 9:18pm On May 01, 2016
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Missy89(f): 9:18pm On May 01, 2016
panafrican:

How come the Jordanians refused to hand it over to the Palestinian people when they had control till 1967?

2 Likes

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 9:42pm On May 01, 2016
A most idiotic comment to make. Israel the criminal state flouting international law and several un resolutions can only be seen as savior by perverse beings what makes useless welfare state Israel actions any different from Russia crimea theft? The Palestinians must be very happy living in a yoke of oppression by a mentally deranged man backed up by perverts who steal land using God's name.
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 9:46pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]Please #FeelTheMath,Senator Sanders is out of the race already and we already have our next POTUS come November.Hillary Rodham Clinton will rule the free world.

About Nigeria,Was transferred to Lagos for work for four good years.Found Nigeria very exciting and chilling.
[/s]

Trash.
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 9:47pm On May 01, 2016
Missy89:

[s]How come the Jordanians refused to hand it over to the Palestinian people when they had control till 1967?
[/s]
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 9:47pm On May 01, 2016
Stalwert:
A most idiotic comment to make. Israel the criminal state flouting international law and several un resolutions can only be seen as savior by perverse beings what makes useless welfare state Israel actions any different from Russia crimea theft? The Palestinians must be very happy living in a yoke of oppression by a mentally deranged man backed up by perverts who steal land using God's name.
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 9:48pm On May 01, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt][b]
You and I know that your assertion is almost not obtainable in reality. The only reason There's peace in palestine is becs they have one common and paramount enemy(isreal).

Arab world/middle east is a paradise of revolt and gullibility. they're are not cut out for the present system of governance. This is as a result of egregious fundamentalism and achiac perception, coupled with their infinitesimal tolerance to anything that does not conform with their idealogy and alien to their religion(look at sunni and shia melee).

Take Syria as touch-stone. a place where some group of senseless miscreants were given weapon to unleash mayhem on their own people just bcs of an individual and they sybaritically obliged.

Notable mentions is libya, egypt, tunisia, yemen, bahrian etc.

The moment they have less or no enemy, they automatically turn on themselves under the guise of ethnicity,tribalism, Sectarianism, religion etc. Hope you're privy to the hullabaloo emanating btwn Iran and Saudi Arabia.
I unequivocally understand that peace is a far dream in all corner of the world, but their's is acute. I mean, where does most of the brouhaha in the world comes from? No need to say, cos It's overt to all and sundry.

That said. I do not subcribe to any country annexing any part of a sovereign nation, except There's legitimate reason or they have historical cliam to the land.
[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 9:49pm On May 01, 2016
Missy89:

How come the Jordanians refused to hand it over to the Palestinian people when they had control till 1967?

Your question doesn't in anyway invalidates the claims made.

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Missy89(f): 10:00pm On May 01, 2016
Stalwert:

Your question doesn't in anyway invalidates the claims made.

and your quote does not answer the simple question

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
Missy89:

and your quote does not answer the simple question

it doesn't need to. your derailing question sorry simple question seeks to deceitfully divert attention from the point being made.

2 Likes

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
dp
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by ValerianSteel(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2016
panafrican:
The Arab world will never be satisfied with any gesture of kindness from Israel.

Until Arab nations become unified and recognize the state of Israel and her right to existence before peace will reign.Afterall Israel gave up Gaza,has that brought about any peace till now.Major islamic anti-Israel militias and terror groups base there currently planning and scheming daily on how to wipe out Israel which they'll never succeed as long as this planet exist.

There's no point making peace with people who denounce your very existence.Historically Jerusalem will forever remain with the Jews,whoever wants is free to come claim it undecided

Just when Israel was ready for round table talks and make concessions on occupied territories but what did we have,they decided to kidnap our teenagers and begin launching rockets into Israel.They are quick to wanting war but when the war comes they cry foul and injustice while the world forgets that they originally poked Israel to action.

If not for Israel's Qualitative Military Edge,the damage that would have been done to Israel in 2014 from Hamas rockets if the Iron Dome wasn't there to stop them. I don't want another Operation Protective Edge but Israel's Security will always remain priority No1.Every actions of aggression will be met with justifiable and appropriate response from Israel.

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 11:30pm On May 01, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]The Arab world will never be satisfied with any gesture of kindness from Israel.

Until Arab nations become unified and recognize the state of Israel and her right to existence before peace will reign.Afterall Israel gave up Gaza,has that brought about any peace till now.Major islamic anti-Israel militias and terror groups base there currently planning and scheming daily on how to wipe out Israel which they'll never succeed as long as this planet exist.

There's no point making peace with people who denounce your very existence.Historically Jerusalem will forever remain with the Jews,whoever wants is free to come claim it undecided

Just when Israel was ready for round table talks and make concessions on occupied territories but what did we have,they decided to kidnap our teenagers and begin launching rockets into Israel.They are quick to wanting war but when the war comes they cry foul and injustice while the world forgets that they originally poked Israel to action.
[/s]
[s]If not for Israel's Qualitative Military Edge,the damage that would have been done to Israel in 2014 from Hamas rockets if the Iron Dome wasn't there to stop them. I don't want another Operation Protective Edge but Israel's Security will always remain priority No1.Every actions of aggression will be met with justifiable and appropriate response from Israel.
[/s]

Trash

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by scully95: 7:51am On May 02, 2016
shaybebaby:

don't mind that dlck head, two faced boko haram recruiter. he's working for the zionist controlled regime in the u.s.. recruiting boko haram. and again posting about backing isrealis terrorists which is tier 1 a.k a free syrian army, followed by the back up tier 2 ISIS or DEASH andseveral others like Al-asham, Jaish al-Izzah,Jabhat al-Nusra, and other.. .. All of them used by the anglozionist empire as proxies to install their favourite Puppet and flood the country with Debt.. Just replaying the same game used against Gadafi.

It won't work boko haram recruiter @ValerianSteel:

Meanwhile, There main target in the region is IRAN and to finally control the whole of middle east. Syria must not fall and will never fall..

Time for the thief, apartheid Isreal to give up golan heights it stole from Syria back in the day. Isreal does not have a future in the middle east. History has shown us many times. Give back stolen land to the Palestines.

U.S won't save you in this coming war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
[s]
ValerianSteel:
The Arab world will never be satisfied with any gesture of kindness from Israel.

If not for Israel's Qualitative Military Edge,the damage that would have been done to Israel in 2014 from Hamas rockets if the Iron Dome wasn't there to stop them. I don't want another Operation Protective Edge but Israel's Security will always remain priority No1.Every actions of aggression will be met with justifiable and appropriate response from Israel.
[/s]

You lack the capacity to be honest with yourself

2 Likes

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by ValerianSteel(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2016
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

You lack the capacity to be honest with yourself
You lack the capacity to put out counter arguements.
Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by 1Tkester: 7:03pm On May 03, 2016
[s]
ValerianSteel:
[/s]

Trash!

1 Like

Re: Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel by Stalwert: 7:32pm On May 03, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Self deceit is the worst form of lies you can tell to yourself. Stealing the land of others while s
citing God as your dealer is disgraceful.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Malian President Ibrahim Keita Finally Resign / We Love Donald Trump / A Pregnant Nigerian Born, British Citizen To Face Execution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.