Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Does Using A .com Domain For Specific Country Targeting Effective? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Using A .com Domain For Specific Country Targeting Effective? (424 Views)

Google Adsense Now Bans Specific Blog Pages Instead Of Sites - 2017 New Policy / Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / President Buhari’s Foreign Trips In Map And Pictures Using A Simple Story Map. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Using A .com Domain For Specific Country Targeting Effective? by kelzi11: 9:07pm On May 01, 2016
I want to use a .com domain to target users in nigeria(google webmasters) bacause 80% of my contents are nigerian contents, or should i purchase .com.ng
Will .com do the job well or do u think going for .com.ng is better.

If u have used .com to target users in a spcific country instead of ccTLD eg. .com.ng and still get results please discuss it with me.
Re: Does Using A .com Domain For Specific Country Targeting Effective? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 01, 2016

Most times.dot com domains outperform ccTLD's (country code Top Level Domains). Unless you are promoting a brand or running a business that provides services locally, such as a rental agency, it may be better to stick with dot com.
In the past, the attraction used to be, getting a keyword domain in your ccTLD.These days,search engines have become more efficient and keyword domains are not as important as they were 10 years ago.

Yes,it is still possible to rank high with a keyword ccTLD but this status can only be sustained if content is rich,original and regularly updated.That said, search engines can quickly find and index content from brand domain names if the website has good SEO.

ccTLD's are used by search engines for geo-targeting.It is also possible to do geo-targeting on TLD's using hreflang tags and Google Webmaster Tools.

if you plan to monetize your website,deciding between a ccTLD and a TLD depends on location.Websites with a .us ccTLD will attract advertisers from US while a .ng will attract advertisers from Nigeria.The CPC rates are likely to vary based on the prevailing economy and spending power.Typically a ccTLD limits you to advertisers within your geographical region.

There are still other factors to consider such as domain age, branding, but these are major.You will need to consider all the variables before deciding.

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone That Can Help Me With Me Blogger Website / . / How To Create Interesting Content That Influencers Will Link To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.