Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. (1493 Views)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time' / Doctors In The House Help, I'm Slipping Away Into Impotence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by obinna2nv(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2016
Its with a rude shock and sadness I woke up to receive the news of the death of one of nairaland's finest, Freeman David aka Freemanan, I was even more disconsolate when I learnt it was a preventable accident like a bathroom slip.
Yes, it was an accident, but it is not a rare one, actually its quite a common domestic hazard and one of the numerous ways someone can at best obtain injuries which may at worst be fatal!!
Its all sounding ignominious but do you know it can be prevented? Oh yes, walk over to your bathroom and check up how safe you've made it? Yes that bathtub should be removed, you may slip while using it or worst still you may drown, especially children, Whitney Houston Drowned in it. And then the flooring is it just mere tiles or frictional bathroom tiles?
In this our tiles everywhere generation, we have to appreciate the dangers of a wet smooth tiles surfaces in and out of our bathrooms and replace them where possible and applicable with frictional tiles. Please also at all times keep the floors dry and clean.
If you're in a rented apartment like me, and can't do anything about the bathroom floor, always wash the ground often to avoid slippery grime from soapy dirts building up, also avoid sudden movements while using the bathroom and if possible while navigating your tiled up house.
With these safety measures, I think I've done Justice to this topic, and I dedicate it to the memory of our dearly departed Freeman, rest in peace brother. **crying ***
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by obinna2nv(m): 8:09am On May 02, 2016
cc: Sissy3, Dominique and Lalasticlala.

Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2016
OP, You're very correct, I've read different articles on this issue. Another important thing is having iron/steel bars in the bathroom so as to grab when one is about to fall.

We mourn the untimely demise of our friend and fellow Nairalander, RIP Mr. Freeman David (The exact name of my cousin).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3666835_82711_png25f6dc3985e6a3396c5e0c22015113fc
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by Ebubeslym(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2016
Sad but true.
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by Qaisar1: 8:16am On May 02, 2016
Death patterns are everywhere, if you look well enough you will find them. Everything (including a withered leaf can cause death).We can't be too careful. Let's us be prepared for the worse and live to impact positively. After that it's judgment.

R. I. P. P. Freemanan David

3 Likes

Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by niceeric(m): 8:18am On May 02, 2016
I wonder why a tiler who has common sense would use the kind of tiles as in the one pictured above for a bathroom floor..not a single grip, just plain smooth tiles in a constantly wet environment, smh

the need for sound building engineers to supervise building technicians during constructions cannot b over emphasised.

RIP Freemanan
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by obinna2nv(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2016
niceeric:
I wonder why a tiler who has common sense would use the kind of tiles as in the one pictured above for a bathroom floor..not a single grip, just plain smooth tiles in a constantly wet environment, smh

the need for sound building engineers to supervise building technicians during constructions cannot b over emphasised.

My brother that is my bathroom, when I first saw it, I was so appalled, I raised alarm to the landlord but it was too late, these people don't care, I had to be scrubbing the floor at every interval and also keep it dry as much as possible. Until I build my own house, I have to be strict with the precautionary measures.

1 Like

Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by Braaad: 8:27am On May 02, 2016
This is not the first time i'm hearing such stories...so sad. Once a woman was mopping the floor in her living room, she slipped and fell unconscious. if not for her little 2 year old baby that kept crying uncontrollably help wouldn't have come to her. I think its time we educate ourselves about this imminent household hazard. People should be able to distinguish between normal smooth tiles and the frictional ones. If you live in a rented apartment, you can have a shower carpet (don't remember the real name) in your bathroom. I think that will help with friction.

So sad to see young vibrant youths die in circumstances that could have been prevented.

RIP to the dead,

The living should take note!

1 Like

Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by niceeric(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2016
obinna2nv:

My brother that is my bathroom, when I first saw it, I was so appalled, I raised alarm to the landlord but it was too late, these people don't care, I had to be scrubbing the floor at every interval and also keep it dry as much as possible. Until I build my own house, I have to be strict with the precautionary measures.
wow, that's too bad, some landlord you av.....please keep doing the scrubbing as that kind of tile isn't fit for that place at all. God would get you out of there to your own tastefully finished home sooner than u expect I pray.
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by obinna2nv(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2016
niceeric:

wow, that's too bad, some landlord you av.....please keep doing the scrubbing as that kind of tile isn't fit for that place at all. God would get you out of there to your own tastefully finished home sooner than u expect I pray.
Amen o!! and you too!! That is if you aren't there yet..
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by niceeric(m): 1:00pm On May 02, 2016
obinna2nv:
Amen o!! and you too!! That is if you aren't there yet..
Amen oo...I'm also not there yet o
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by Baroba(m): 2:03am On May 03, 2016
Sad and painful death, may his soul RIP.. I have always said the type of tiles I see in bathrooms and living rooms in Nigeria are nothing but accidents waiting to happen...

If you own your home, avoid smooth slippery tiles especially if you have kids, you need something with a bit of grip.

If you live in a rented accommodation with smooth tiling, invest in rugs and bathroom rubber mats.. It might just save your life..
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 03, 2016
If d tiles u intend buying does not have a grip on d surface, pls do not buy, life is so precious
Re: Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise. by obinna2nv(m): 7:00pm On May 04, 2016
We always compromise safety because of the cheap article. Please Seun , Lalasticlala , Mynd44 we need more audience to spread the word, we've already lost a life, let's prevent another loss.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Pears Baby Oil / Mustard Seed !!! Small But Powerful (v1) / How Can I Get Rid Of The 7years Acne That Is Spoiling My Beautiful Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.