Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend (29937 Views)

Youths Beat Customs Officer In Lagos Over Man's Death. Photos / 2 Schools Fight With Cutlasses In Ibadan Over Girlfriend - Pictures / Husband Beats Police Wife To Death In Lagos Over Mistress (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by dre11(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2016
•Why we are yet to arrest the killer —Police

Written by: Olalekan Olabulo -Lagos

An Islamic scholar, Muhammed Ambali Obadina, has allegedly been killed by a soldier, who accused him of snatching his wife in Iberekodo area of Badagry, Lagos State.

The cleric before his murder was said to be in charge of the mosque in Iberekodo where he mainly taught Quran.

An elder brother to the cleric, Taiwo Obadina, told Lagos Metro: “On the day of the incident, my brother had just left the mosque, when he went to Iya Biliki’s shop that the two of them could go home together. Iya Biliki was preparing to go home, when the soldier came and asked about the guys who snatched his girlfriend but the woman quickly responded that nobody was in her shop, apart from Alfa.

“The soldier was said to have enquired about Alfa and asked to see the Islamic scholar, who by then was not in front of the shop, where they were standing. Alfa came out of the shop only for the soldier to start slapping, kicking and punching him.

“Iya Biliki ran to the neighbourhood to call residents to come and rescue Alfa but the soldier had taken him away, before they arrived. Not even the vigilante members on the area could rescue Alfa from the soldier.”

Adewale Akinsanya, a cousin to the deceased also explained that “it was already late in the night and people could not go to the barracks that night so they concluded that they would go and bail him the following day. When they got to the barracks, the army officials told them that there was nobody with such names in their custody and they even said that nobody was brought in there the previous night. It was later in the afternoon of the following day that they saw his body by the road side, not too far from the barracks.”

Lagos Metro gathered that the army officials brought out some of their officers and Iya Biliki was able to identify the soldier, who perpetrated the act.

The matter was reported at Badagry police station and subsequently taken to the homicide section of the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID).

The remains of the Islamic scholar was last week buried, after almost a month of trying to conduct an autopsy to ascertain the cause of his death.

Attempts to get Iya Biliki, the eyewitness by Lagos Metro were unsuccessful as she was said to have fled the neighbourhood, following persistent harassment by the alleged killer soldier’s colleagues, for identifying the culprit.

Meanwhile, police at the SCID of the Lagos State Police Command confirmed the death of the deceased and added that investigations were on going.

A senior police officer from the SCID, who spoke with Lagos Metro under the condition of anonymity, said that the police were making “the necessary documentation to arrest the suspect.”

“You know he is a soldier and we cannot just arrest him at the barracks like that. We want to write to the Army authority for them to hand over the suspect to us for prosecution,” the policeman said.

Meanwhile the image maker in charge of the state police command, Dolapo Badmos could not be reached as her mobile phone line was switched off as at the time of filing this report.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/38139
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by SeverusSnape(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2016
Many imams and pastors are in the habit of diabolically snatching people's wives, But that's not enough reason to murder him. There are oodles of fishes in the ocean.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Emu4life(m): 8:21am On May 02, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by tuzeriouz: 8:26am On May 02, 2016
Bury him according to Islamic injunction!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by hungryboy(m): 8:39am On May 02, 2016
r.i.p to the Alfa,

Iya Biliki be like,

(in Simi's voice)

Soldier come, soldier go,

Soldier do wetin you want,

But don't, don't you fall in love with me.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by greatbrian(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2016
Going through the blood thirsty and grievous training, he might not even know he's going really hard on the civilian rip to the alfa sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Lordster: 11:53am On May 02, 2016
Military personnel too dey oppressive
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Pavore9: 11:54am On May 02, 2016
Misuse of power! angry
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Young109(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2016
R I P to the deceased
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:57am On May 02, 2016
I really hate seeing people justifying the oppressive actions of some Nigerian military personnel on innocent civilians on the "hard training" they received. US soldiers nd some other soldiers undergo even harder training but its always put to good use and you never see them oppressing civilians.why is Nigeria's case differentcall a spade a spade.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Goahead(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2016
Teaching Quran while snatching someone's wife to be sad

A very contradicted imam.! R. I. P, your 72 virgins are waiting for you before the throne of Allah. grin

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by upsun: 11:59am On May 02, 2016
Am waiting 4 TEEBLIZZ to kill DR SID n TUFACE

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by nortcentrallord(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2016
greatbrian:
Going through the blood thirsty and grievous training, he might not even know he's going really hard on the civilian rip to the alfa sha

So That's enough justification on your part for killing the man? Who gives a fu*ck the training he was given as a military man. Was he forced to join the army? Wtf happened to people's minds. The family of the deceased need not report even. just identify the soldier and give him time. He will go off guard some day and you will take your pound of flesh because in a country like Nigeria where the government has empowered the military above the police, no good will come out of it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
undecided
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by 400billionman: 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
I came here to check their names

Its thesame people.

I am not dissappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Precious91(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
Eeyah...iya Biliki na edible caterer...knock alfa out

1 Like

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by RichDad1(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
See wetin punnany I yaff caused? cry
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by 400billionman: 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
upsun:
Am waiting 4 TEEBLIZZ to kill DR SID n TUFACE

Back to sender..

Say amen..

1 Like

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by obaival(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
We ar no mor safe
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
If d imam resurrect, dey suppose rekill am undecided

1 Like

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by 400billionman: 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
Nna, i tire for some guys who toast peoples wives and girlfriends.

And those who kill for kitty cat..

One minute silence for jonsers...
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Abalado(f): 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
All dis bloody aboki illitrate solder's sha,haha....the may nt even knw how to speak pigin o talkles of grama. .abokina,yayade..?
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by llaykorn: 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
greatbrian:

American soldiers receive harder training. It's nothing about the training; some of the soldiers are just animals!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by ebenice(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
two wrong dont make a right...but be it as it may...the soldier went too far..beside is she the only girl in the street?

and the alfa tor..donno what to say...

snatching is bad....but killing is worse evil

just wondering how the alfa would explain the cause of his death to his CREATOR
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by OBTMOS(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
Soldier go soldier come, pls don't fall inlove oooo
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Abalado(f): 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
See me see nairaland o,no be waiting i write dem bring o out abeg...akoba pipu
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by llaykorn: 12:08pm On May 02, 2016
Goahead:
Teaching Quran while snatching someone's wife to be sad

A very contradicted imam.! R. I. P, your 72 virgins are waiting for you before the throne of Allah. grin

I can see your ancestors covering their faces in shame for what you just posted; you are a big disgrace to whatever tribe you come from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by stano2(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2016
LUCAL
Re: Soldier Murders Islamic Scholar In Lagos Over Girlfriend by Revolva(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2016
Dis soldier wiked o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Lord Deported From Kenya Sneaks Back And Gets Arrested / Armed Robber In Tears After Being Arrested Along With Gang Members. Photos / 10 Youths Killed In Cross River Communal Clash (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.