Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

#50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? (19072 Views)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / Police Recruitment: Commission Receives 843,008 Applications For 10,000 Job Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by Shikena(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2016
Very familiar with both cities and I won't hesitate to pick Ibadan in this situation. More peace of mind and more time away from traffic that could be used to learn more and develop yourself, some even get home from work in Ibadan with enough time to have a cool bath and set out to play Tennis or other recreation every day. If you are entrepreneurial you have time to plan and implement your business. It is also possible in Lagos depending on where you live and proximity to your workplace but that's not typical for most people. From IB, Lagos is not far if you want to spend occasional weekends there for leisure or networking.

Take the Lagos job and the attached chaotic lifestyle and by 2026 you start wondering how 10 years went by so fast! However I perfectly understand those who are 100% comfortable with Lagos life. They can't live anywhere else for any amount and they love it.

2 Likes

Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by Luukasz(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2016
banmee:
I can just imagine the amount of people walking around with cancer in their bodies in Ibadan. See asbestos. God help us.
And perhaps ur fathers home town might be worse than sambisa not to talk of IB.
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by banmee(m): 7:08pm On May 02, 2016
Luukasz:
And perhaps ur fathers home town might be worse than sambisa not to talk of IB.

Who cares about my hometown? it's where the are now that matters. . .Lol.
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by greatsodade(m): 7:09pm On May 02, 2016
lakefist:
Any time any day i will choose Ibadan. I have lived in both cities and understand better. Many people pointing to lagos habve not experience comfortable life here in ibadan.

Accomodation is cheap, you can get 3 bedroom flat btw 100-150k with titles and water running.
Transport is cheap. Imagine from iwo road to new garage is just 100-120 naira a distance times 4 of ketu to oshodi
Infact you can still take 20 naira bus or car to your destination.
Then food is cheap, i mean cheap!

50k salary earner in Ibadan is far better than 200k earner in Lagos.

I came to serve in Ibadan and i decided to settle there.

No traffic wahala, no stress or whatsoever.

Truth lagos has its own challenges(in terms of transportation and co) but not as much as you guys are making it to seems. Even ketu to Oshodi by Danfo is #150 and if u use those white coaster bus #100. Just that in some parts of lagos, transportation works with the time of the day...and I believe if d OP is well in tune with lagos terrain he'll have no problem and he'll soon have a better opportunity with much better pay na just matter of time.#Peace Out#
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by toocoded: 7:14pm On May 02, 2016
toluine56:
Much Depends on your T-fare.
U just made my evening
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by toocoded: 7:21pm On May 02, 2016
banmee:
I can just imagine the amount of people walking around with cancer in their bodies in Ibadan. See asbestos. God help us.
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by gidjah(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2016
i go with you on this bro, been to both states too.the cost of living in IB is way beter than LAG.you will saave more and if your sese correct you will be able to open lots of investments in that state.calmness of life too.but lagos na wahala and party paroles till you die
Shikena:
Very familiar with both cities and I won't hesitate to pick Ibadan in this situation. More peace of mind and more time away from traffic that could be used to learn more and develop yourself, some even get home from work in Ibadan with enough time to have a cool bath and set out to play Tennis or other recreation every day. If you are entrepreneurial you have time to plan and implement your business. It is also possible in Lagos depending on where you live and proximity to your workplace but that's not typical for most people. From IB, Lagos is not far if you want to spend occasional weekends there for leisure or networking.

Take the Lagos job and the attached chaotic lifestyle and by 2026 you start wondering how 10 years went by so fast! However I perfectly understand those who are 100% comfortable with Lagos life. They can't live anywhere else for any amount and they love it.
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:22pm On May 02, 2016
It depends on ur life style and how easily u can adapt in life. Lagos is just a hell to newcomers, whereas lagos is like new york to people dat were born and brought up here. 100k jobs depends ohh, for e.g. One job i got only TP is 20+, u will be leaving ur house around 5am den check when u will wake and coming back around 8pm, u see why it depends
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by toluine56(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2016
toocoded:

U just made my evening
Glad i did
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by MATEX30: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
Well, i agree with that fact, Working in Ibadan and getting paid 100k is better than working in lagos at 150k and above,

See some of my own points here - http://matexwrite.com/lagos/jobs-career-life-salary-btw-lagos-state-and-ibadan-in-nigeria/
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by another1: 6:33am On Aug 27, 2018
Op which job do u finally choose? Lagos or Ibadan
Re: #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? by abeey5: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
I want you to know that your Location is not a determinant of your success.
Identify what you want,where you want to be in the next 5 years.
Yes,there are opportunities in Lagos,but not for everyone.
50k in Ibadan is equivalent to 100k in Lagos,but what you desire as an individual matters alot. choose Wisley.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Move To Stop Contract / Casual Employment / What Is The Implication Of Accepting A Job Without An Employment Letter? / Ushers Needed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.