Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Hand Swells After Killing A Snake - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hand Swells After Killing A Snake (41774 Views)

Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos / Just Killed A Snake In Our Living Room / Photos Of A Snake Killed By A Corper In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by EuDavies(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Are u sure it dint bite u, I wud advice u see a doctor...
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Dklef(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Lac.asticlala knows the cause of your 'problem' bro cheesy
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Oteebaba(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
It is the stress u went thru killing the snake, u must ve sprained ur hand in doin it. Use aboniki or moko balm to rub it. It shud surely go down.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by kennyman2000(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by gameboy727(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Poor you. The snake's juju is at work. I suggest you pay T. B Joshua a visit.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by MoreWahala: 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
If you were not bitten by the snake you have nothing to fear, I guess it's the impact with which you hit the snake that caused your hand swelling
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Odunsco01(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by DExplorer1: 1:14pm On May 02, 2016
You've killed one of your ancestors, that's why grin
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Babaregg(m): 1:14pm On May 02, 2016
EducationNG:
Good morning nairalanders. Some minutes after saying my morning prayers, I went out to feel the morning air. All of a sudden, I saw something moving at a corner. A long black snake. Now this is a built up area and I have no idea how this snake got here. The reptile was moving in a suspicious manner and I just knew I mustn't let it go. Since it was within my compound and close to the building.

I quickly grabbed a stick and attacked it. The snake put up a show, dangling its head and tongue and dodging my blows for about 4 minutes. Finally killed it. See attached pictures.

About an hour later I noticed my right palm seems swollen and is a little painful. Any idea what could have caused that? Please note that I didn't touch the snake at all. I used a stick and a cutlass.

Can anybody give me possible reasons for the swelling and pain in my hand? Also, what kind of snake is this? I haven't seen something similar before. Thanks for your response.

My dear do not worry urself unnecessarily.... I believe you must have had a form grip on whatever object u used in killing D snake in that tense 4 mins of battling to terminate it's existence as a result your hand could swell up later with a minor pain. U should be fine..... If it continues after today then look for other answers but I doubt. Peace
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 02, 2016
and this thrash made FP? undecided
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Enyimbamercedes: 1:14pm On May 02, 2016
You have mistakenly killed the village witch who was returning home on her own...minding her business. You carry you hand as per exterminator and killed the village winch... then you come on nairaland to show us your swelling hand. Is this a shrine or a hospital...come on...carry ya hand commot for hia.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Encyclopedia1: 1:14pm On May 02, 2016
Bros. Na winch u kill ooooo
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by DamselQueen: 1:15pm On May 02, 2016
Pls see your Doctor immediatly

1 Like

Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by mandax: 1:15pm On May 02, 2016
What a long and dangerous snake. You were lucky because it appears the snake swallowed something, hence its movement inhibited.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 02, 2016
Village people at work
it is the effect of the big wood yoh used in killing the snake you and you need to see a doctor
If you were attempting to kill the snake for 4 minutes using the stick, it's likely the swelling came from the force and tension exerted on your hand during that attempt to kill the snake.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 02, 2016
karashika's snake
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nathanjames(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2016
Lalasticlala come see snake oo
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 02, 2016
Stop taking a life out of living things except for food. Even then its still not right.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by honsaint(m): 1:17pm On May 02, 2016
shey u made any #DieByFire prayer in church yesterday?..... it might b wat pushed d snake out for u to c. And don't worry u don win d battle.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Africanpride: 1:17pm On May 02, 2016
You probably hurt your palm in the process of killing the snake. Give it a couple of day the swollen should go down. You lot should stop reading meaning to every little thing.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by walenack(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2016
Nice slippers
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 02, 2016
Yea, I understand you, the remedy for the swollen palm, is, Just get a knife, cut the snake into tiny pieces, get ur frying palm, lit up a fire on ur stove, or gas cooker rather, place the frying pan filled with Groundnut oil on The fire, pour the pieces of the snake inside, After that, when you feel the snake is well fried, Get ur Spoon, eat everything to ur satisfaction, after 30minutes, Ur palm would come back to it normal shape.
thank me later. angry
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by WildChild00(m): 1:20pm On May 02, 2016
It is well bro....
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by semasir: 1:20pm On May 02, 2016
Any snake story will always make it to the FP! Haba.......

Mr OP, please stop assuming or attaching this to the spiritual, the way you handle it was a factor I'm sure considering its also very early it happened too that your hands are kinda weak and get in the mood
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by mcfestgee: 1:20pm On May 02, 2016
It is the position of your hand on the stick and the force you exerted that affected your hand. Just use oitment like nerve and born to rub on it.
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by arimahoseloka(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2016
phayvoursky:

SECONDED
thirded
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Febilish(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2016
Oh sorry, you would have told him earlier to give you the snake to take better care of. Or better still transport it to the "white man's" land.
ireneony:
grin why kill the innocent snake they are living things too cry

A white man will never do such
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by goingape: 1:22pm On May 02, 2016
EducationNG:
Good morning nairalanders. Some minutes after saying my morning prayers, I went out to feel the morning air. All of a sudden, I saw something moving at a corner. A long black snake. Now this is a built up area and I have no idea how this snake got here. The reptile was moving in a suspicious manner and I just knew I mustn't let it go. Since it was within my compound and close to the building.

I quickly grabbed a stick and attacked it. The snake put up a show, dangling its head and tongue and dodging my blows for about 4 minutes. Finally killed it. See attached pictures.

About an hour later I noticed my right palm seems swollen and is a little painful. Any idea what could have caused that? Please note that I didn't touch the snake at all. I used a stick and a cutlass.

Can anybody give me possible reasons for the swelling and pain in my hand? Also, what kind of snake is this? I haven't seen something similar before. Thanks for your response.

you must have touch his venom through the stick you use or cutlass but didnt notice it after soon time.

fear not! the APE man said so! it will go with time!
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by highlandah5: 1:22pm On May 02, 2016
why you wear your wife shoe? angry angry
Re: Hand Swells After Killing A Snake by Xbee007(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2016
EducationNG:

Can anybody give me possible reasons for the swelling and pain in my hand? Also, what kind of snake is this?
Go see a doctor. Some snake can bite without leavin any trace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Of These Rats Must Have Bitten My Friend (Photo) / Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) / Nigerian, Aghogho, Builds Mini Aircraft (Picture &video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.