Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? (2300 Views)

10 Nigeria Jobs For SSCE Certificate Holders / Npower: Any Hope Of Getting December Stipend? / Obtaining Msc Only Increases Your Hope Of Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Rottymy: 9:46pm On May 02, 2016
What is your view about this topic?
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Taeewo(m): 10:20pm On May 02, 2016
Yes by upgrading
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Rottymy: 10:44pm On May 02, 2016
upgrading ask How?
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by metrosexual: 11:04pm On May 02, 2016
What's this constant crap about 2:2 all about? I call it a pathetic self pity lamentation from anyone who is not determined for success in life.

I have friends who have a 2:1 and are contract staffs in banks, and friends with a 2:2 who are core staff in big firms.

Truth be told, for banks and most top auditing firms, you need a 2:1 to get a graduate trainee job, but then how many graduate trainee jobs are given out there in a year? Lots of other jobs out there have the basic 2:2 benchmark.

Lastly, I will tell any 2:2 holder to go for experience no matter how small the pay is, a 2:2 with experience would get you jobs which a 2:1 holder kept dreaming for as he/she keeps waiting for graduate trainee employment. Experienced hire positions of 2 years upwards mostly have no 2:1/2:2 disparity.

And for the last time, stop this self pity gibberish about if there is hope for 2:2 graduates, because 2:2 graduates have excelled, are excelling and will still excel in the future to come!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Experienx(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2016
metrosexual:
What's this constant crap about 2:2 all about? I call it a pathetic self pity lamentation from anyone who is not determined for success in life.

I have friends who have a 2:1 and are contract staffs in banks, and friends with a 2:2 who are core staff in big firms.

Truth be told, for banks and most top auditing firms, you need a 2:1 to get a graduate trainee job, but then how many graduate trainee jobs are given out there in a year? Lots of other jobs out there have the basic 2:2 benchmark.

Lastly, I will tell any 2:2 holder to go for experience no matter how small the pay is, a 2:2 with experience would get you jobs which a 2:1 holder kept dreaming for as he/she keeps waiting for graduate trainee employment. Experienced hire positions of 2 years upwards mostly have no 2:1/2:2 disparity.

And for the last time, stop this self pity gibberish about if there is hope for 2:2 graduates, because 2:2 graduates have excelled, are excelling and will still excel in the future to come!

Hey bro, you just inudated the OP with so much to think about.. you nailed it!!!

You made niggas wanna go exchanged their1:1, 2:1 for 2:2

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Beamborla(f): 12:54am On May 03, 2016
Even 3rd class holders have opportunity to get a great job. Own your 2:2 and work on yourself.

Some 2:2, 2:1 and first class holders are helping some 3rd class holders build their dream and they wake up everyday thanking God for providing them with employment.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by leahcimzil: 5:04am On May 03, 2016
or you can just be your own boss
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Emodeee: 7:07am On May 03, 2016
Beamborla:
Even 3rd class holders have opportunity to get a great job. Own your 2:2 and work on yourself.

Some 2:2, 2:1 and first class holders are helping some 3rd class holders build their dream and they wake up everyday thanking God for providing them with employment.

What did you graduate with?
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by idris4r83(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2016
What's wrong with 2.2? I know so many of my friends that were gainfully employed in big coys with their 2.2.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by tatax(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2016
dear op, if there is one thing employers have found out, it is good grades in paper doesn't translate to effiency and productivity in real life - everyone deserves a chance.

I graduated with a 2 2 in elect engr. and I am gainfully employed - close to 4 million per annum.

Build your confidence, be a refined graduate, know almost everything - that is, don't be lost in any conversation. have an idea about everything - football, politics, science, art, religion, music, just anything, even what you don't have interest on, please know alittle about them. You don't know who you will meet tomorrow. life is all about learning new things everyday. I am not a football fan but I know Leister defiled the conventional 4 giants in premier league to be champion this season. I do wrestling more.

I went for an interview when I was still looking for job and believe me, the discussion changed and it seemed I know alot about everything. get exposed to information and don't be scared to accept your flaws and have positive attitude to it.

He asked me "Arthur, your maths is good, your reasoning is good but you are terrible in advanced Microsoft excel"

My response "Sir, I know I am terrible in excel and I acknowledge that, it maybe because as an engineer I never felt excel was something I should give more attention to but I am a very fast learner and I challenge you in two weeks, you will not make that remark about me anymore".

I left that office, called up my girlfriend (now my fiancee) who is a pro in using excel. she trained me and I learnt so well. The next month, I was called for another interview and my excel greatly improved.

bottom line is, I got the job. It is all about your confidence and a strong belief you have in yourself. build that confidence and belief if you haven't, You are going to need alot of them in this crazy situation of job hunting.

Finally, develop your skill and package it so well. when you go to interview, forget your grade and focus on what you have to offer the company. God bless you.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Ay04z(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2016
my dad wey no even finish secondary dey employ 2.1 graduate......no be by grade joor is by God grace and smartness to Xcel.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by sunkyrazzy(m): 11:46am On May 03, 2016
Let me Pack my car here...
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by olayincar(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
metrosexual:

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by babs01(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2016
who first class nd 2.1 don help?. guy connection tinx 4 dis con3 o. I stil dey aos dey luk 4 job

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by babs01(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2016
oyintutu:
OYINS22FOODS
wetein dey do u sef? na for every thread u dey post dis gibberish. go ur village nd pack ur family mey dem join u nah abi u know wan mey dem get moni ni
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Presdentgeneral(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2016
You think your certificate will make u better in life continue to lament.
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Kelechi2020(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
metrosexual:

You got me wawed!!! what more can a man like me cherish more than being schooled by a stranger...

In the book "48 laws of power" robert greene he wrote "fools say they learn by experience , i prefer to profit by others experience" i wept as i read that line. I attended my first interview here in lagos with so much aura of confidence around me , the first thing one of the interviewers told me was "you made a 2:1, that is commendable", this remark was the last thing about my grade and every other question was based on my competence, behaviour and skills.

I came out of the interview feeling empty:knowing fully well that not even my confidence nor grade could save me. i was the fool as i learned from this experience.

@op let me profit from your experience.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Dparagon(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2016
tatax:
dear op, if there is one thing employers have found out, it is good grades in paper doesn't translate to effiency and productivity in real life - everyone deserves a chance.

I graduated with a 2 2 in elect engr. and I am gainfully employed - close to 4 million per annum.

Build your confidence, be a refined graduate, know almost everything - that is, don't be lost in any conversation. have an idea about everything - football, politics, science, art, religion, music, just anything, even what you don't have interest on, please know alittle about them. You don't know who you will meet tomorrow. life is all about learning new things everyday. I am not a football fan but I know Leister defiled the conventional 4 giants in premier league to be champion this season. I do wrestling more.

I went for an interview when I was still looking for job and believe me, the discussion changed and it seemed I know alot about everything. get exposed to information and don't be scared to accept your flaws and have positive attitude to it.

He asked me "Arthur, your maths is good, your reasoning is good but you are terrible in advanced Microsoft excel"

My response "Sir, I know I am terrible in excel and I acknowledge that, it maybe because as an engineer I never felt excel was something I should give more attention to but I am a very fast learner and I challenge you in two weeks, you will not make that remark about me anymore".

I left that office, called up my girlfriend (now my fiancee) who is a pro in using excel. she trained me and I learnt so well. The next month, I was called for another interview and my excel greatly improved.

bottom line is, I got the job. It is all about your confidence and a strong belief you have in yourself. build that confidence and belief if you haven't, You are going to need alot of them in this crazy situation of job hunting.

Finally, develop your skill and package it so well. when you go to interview, forget your grade and focus on what you have to offer the company. God bless you.
May God bless you for this.
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by mroyato(m): 7:57pm On May 03, 2016
I must say that I am impressed with all the comments so far but I do not totally agree with them. As it stands in our country today I'll advise everyone to make at least a 2:1 outta skool. The only exception to this is if there's a job waiting for you somewhere or you have some strong connection. Please if you do not fall into any of the above category do not let anyone sweet talk you. For those who have graduated with 2:2 I'll advice that you start getting prepared for your masters and ensure that you finish with a good grade and if you by chance get a job where the level of exposure is excellent I'll advice you go for it but the truth is 2:2 makes your job search a little difficult especially if you are a fresh grad without connect.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Herapal(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2016
Hmmmm, We go make am.
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Herapal(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2016
Thank you bare Tatax. I sent you a mail.
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Herapal(m): 8:29pm On May 03, 2016
Thank you jare Tatax. I sent you a PM.
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Beamborla(f): 8:59pm On May 03, 2016
Emodeee:

What did you graduate with?
Does it matter what 'I' graduate with?

If you must know, I graduated with a pass
Re: Is There Any Hope Of Better Jobs For 2:2 Graduates? by Kentnickole(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2016
Kelechi2020:

You got me wawed!!! what more can a man like me cherish more than being schooled by a stranger...

In the book "48 laws of power" robert greene he wrote "fools say they learn by experience , i prefer to profit by others experience" i wept as i read that line. I attended my first interview here in lagos with so much aura of confidence around me , the first thing one of the interviewers told me was "you made a 2:1, that is commendable", this remark was the last thing about my grade and every other question was based on my competence, behaviour and skills.

I came out of the interview feeling empty:knowing fully well that not even my confidence nor grade could save me. i was the fool as i learned from this experience.

@op let me profit from your experience.

Oh Kelechi! Too much book has made thee mad!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted List Is Out / Graduate Sales Program- Oxford Laboratories / N-power Releases List Of Successful Applicants [see Detail]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.