Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,950 members, 7,841,647 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Oh My God! I Lost My Job! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oh My God! I Lost My Job! (7434 Views)

How I Lost A Job Today Because I Didn't Grow In Lagos / Thank God.... I Got A Job Thru Nairaland / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Frostty: 2:51pm On May 03, 2016
12th day of dis may will make it exactly a yr dat i lost mine 4 an offence i neva did.afta all d sufferings and dedication,workn all tru d week.i av submitted c.v countless tym but i still av faith dat i will share testimony dis month by d special grace of God

3 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by delightedgirl(f): 3:38pm On May 03, 2016
It is well,that is what I always tell people facing one challenge or the other.but look at me sitting at home with uncertainty over my mind,thinking,wishing,praying and hoping that all will indeed be well.unemployment is a very bad state to be in.
In all,God help us all. Amen
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by oniontins(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2016
This happen to me also, month of February.. But I always believed Is God doing..there always a reason for all that happen in our daily life...soonest we all gona laugh.. Wit good job
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Lavendra(f): 5:59pm On May 03, 2016
I lost mine two weeks ago, I felt so bad my boss called me that evening and said she can no longer pay me that after that weekend I should quit since then I've been jobless
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by nenyec(f): 7:12pm On May 03, 2016
I gav birth so i was suppose 2 get a maternity Levy letter instead i received a termination letter, is close 2 a yr nw but i knw good tins are ahead.

1 Like

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by moscobabs(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2016
nenyec:
I gav birth so i was suppose 2 get a maternity Levy letter instead i received a termination letter, is close 2 a yr nw but i knw good tins are ahead.
heya... I'm very Sori o.

its well my sister
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Adelakun2016(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2016
Jesus Christ have mercy on me.
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Chukssssss(m): 10:01pm On May 03, 2016
why work for people when you can be your own bo$$ check this out www.dollarloaded.com
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by OgaSirAde(m): 11:21pm On May 03, 2016
Kindoff similar with my situation too happened last year feb which was my first job no querry, no warnings, no record of any form of sanction my name was flagged and had to face Hr. The lady could nt even communicate well with me sef cos she knew she had to just do it. I was asked or shld I say coherced to resign.
It was one of my worst moments. Mehn never knew when tears came wen I got home nd was like everything was just against me. Its more dan a year now and waxing strong in another Organization.

2 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by 6fit(f): 12:07am On May 04, 2016
moscobabs:
loosing job and resigning without any alternative is the same . I resigned from my job in February for some meaningful reasons .it has not been easy for me as my wife is outside work for more than 6 months ( involved in accident with fracture on her leg). But we thank God cos we r able to feed the ourselves and nobody knows what we r passing through.

For those of us without Job. let beliv in God. its well
my man also had an acident and was away from work for 6month and when recovered, he resign. Am not working but God has been faithful....life can be so unfair at times but what can we do? No situation remain dsame
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Chicent(m): 1:37am On May 04, 2016
Just wen you think u have a very bitter/gory story to tell..... U just realised dat dere are people out dere who actually had worst. Hmmm Life ehn

2 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by bankole200(m): 1:48am On May 04, 2016
Losing your job can be so frustrating to the extent that you might be in a state of confusion for days, even months unless you take hold of your mind diligently. Mine was 1st day of September 2015, i got to work, still laid my hands on some office work, then the hour came, my boss called me to his office and broke the news that my service is no longer required and handed the disengagement letter to me. inside me, i was disturbed but i have to control my state of disorderliness to extent that my boss was asking me that you were not even perturbed. immediately, i couldn't access my official e-mail again, i have been disconnected. i later left for home, i didn't tell anybody what has happened, retired to my bed trying to reminisce what has happened. Fast forward, the following morning came and was not accompanied by the usual rush to get ready for work. Exactly 8 months gone, i have been able to establish my myself in similar things done by former company. however, it didn't come easy but thanks to almighty God for setting my feet on higher ground.And special thanks to my family members for their support. Beloved, kindly treat your family members well always especially when things are rosy for you because you might not find those called friends to come to your aid in time like this(rainy days).

5 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Dexema(m): 6:55am On May 04, 2016
nenyec:
this is crazy, some employers are just devil incarnates.
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by alwelldinho(m): 7:28am On May 04, 2016
I experienced a similar thing few years ago. I was rusticated from school and I returned to Abuja to stay with my parents. I got a job with STDA in Abuja, and gradually I came to terms that I have wasted 4years in school without a certificate. Though, I had in hand in it.

Few years down the line, I lost my supportive dad. Before the burial, I applied for 2weeks Casual Leave to enable me travel home bury my late father and it was duly granted. The burial was a success and I returned to Abuja.

Unfortunately, the very day I resumed work, I was laid off. It hit me hard, i couldn't put myself together. I wished death would just take me away. I was tired of this miserable life. I wanted to die.

I got home and couldn't tell my mourning mom what transpired, but after staying at home more than usual, she started asking questions.

God has been my strength all along.
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Kollyk11(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2016
Emmysteve:
Let me ask this question, losing a job or being unemployed (i.e graduates searching for job) which among these is worse. I won't say better because the two are terrible state. May God help us in this country
my brother if u graduate and didnt get a job it is still better than to loose ur job.if the saddness of ppl asking u "are u not going to work today" is enough to make u go crazy

3 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Pyroxene: 9:22am On May 04, 2016
glothaddy:
i lost my job on the 12th of April 2016 that is last month, I got to work only to b told to drop my ID card and d banks property with me alongside my 2 colleagues, I felt terrible, I cried, I could not go home to face my family BT d next day mum was expecting me to wake up early and start preparing for work BT I didn't and I could not sleep at night jus rolling from d bed to d floor BT I had no choice than to spill it. am looking up to God for a miracle soon cos am so tired
. U ll get one soon. The key is "don't give up" lost mine 31st dec 2015. A day that was suppose to be a day of celebration. #passover. But bless God all ll be OK

1 Like

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Pyroxene: 9:27am On May 04, 2016
Frostty:
12th day of dis may will make it exactly a yr dat i lost mine 4 an offence i neva did.afta all d sufferings and dedication,workn all tru d week.i av submitted c.v countless tym but i still av faith dat i will share testimony dis month by d special grace of God
u ll have a testimony soon
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Pyroxene: 10:00am On May 04, 2016
This is my personal and sincere advise to all in this situation. It has worked for me. Truth is we can't continue to sit idle cos bills have to be paid. What we can do while u start job hunting is figure out a way of making money without spending.........sure u are wandering what kind of business can u do without using funds......this might just be a wake up call for everyone who has lost his or her job... What I do is I tutor children while I job hunt. U don't need money for this and frankly u can make above a 100k every month especially if u are in lagos. I take 1 child @ 25 thousand a month. U all can conveniently handle 4 children or more depending on how aggressive u are. I don't exceed JSS 3 cos I don't have time to rack my head, I just re explain what was taught to the child. I don't bring in any foreign scheme or syllabus. I believe any normal graduate can teach primary 3 to 6 and junior second 1 to 3 @ least. This can give u some cool cash.. How to get children? Not a big deal if u attend a church or mosque and u are a know face there u can talk to parents or talk to children coordinators or go tru d pastorate, just think of a way of sweet talking the parents letting them know that children with home tutors always do better. Depending on ur location u can fix ur price. Some parents in VGC pay as much as 40k per child. I Stay around Ajah environs so I don't go below 20k my average is 25k. If u have some small cash u can do flyers too. The beauty of this this job is that u ll have the whole day to do ur thing thill evening when the children are free. Just think about it. There are also other things u can do without inputing money too. Time to think as though there is no box. This is my personal opinion. I pray I have been able to talk to one person @ least. God bless us as we get back on our feet

7 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Olushad: 10:00am On May 04, 2016
It is well, God will surely answer our prayer.And this country will be a better place to live.
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Olushad: 10:12am On May 04, 2016
Pls kindly assist me am in need of Job. I don't mind teaching either MATHEMATICS, ECONOMICS, COMMERCE, BUSINESS STUDY, ACCOUNTING.I will grateful if I can get one.

1 Like

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by victorking: 1:04pm On May 04, 2016
Reading all the posts above makes me wonder the future of the youths and upcoming youths.

What happens when you lose your job and not only that lose your reputation and chances of having a good reference or referral for another job.

I worked as a personal assistant to the owner of a financial services company, i made lots of contacts that could have easily helped me if i wanted a new job or even start a business. The worse happened and i lost my job cos my direct boss was involved in high class fraud and as his P.A. it affected me badly, even slept in prison for it and this was when i just had my first and only child. It can really be a devastating time in ones life especially if u got no one to run to. Its 2 years now, no job but God is faithful. If they dont give you a job, employ ursef. No matter how little. I know some will say wat about capital, you can start without capital. Since then i have been into sales and marketing of cars, properties and other marketing businesses for commissions.
God will do it for everyone in this situation.

5 Likes

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by tope24(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2016
Emmysteve:
Did you know more than 5 Millions people lost their job since the blood sucking gworo man from Daura took over the mantle of leadership? Are you also aware that first Bank is about laying off more 1000 people to the existing millions of unemployed people? *Singing Fela's sorry for Nigeria *

Mr. i lost my job last year when the "ineffectual Buffoon" was still the president. If Jonathan had continue, more than 5 million would still have lost their job because Naija was already in mess. So please stop hating lest you become ridden of frustration.

1 Like

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Tirenioluwa(f): 3:06pm On May 04, 2016
I lost my job on April 29th, 2016 and the lesson I learnt is that when you no longer enjoy what you do, take the easy way out. The only thing I regret is that I was sacked before I had the courage to resign. And to think I pride myself with being the first to dump previous employers( about three of them ooo!). Enjoying my season movies for now...lol!

1 Like

Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Pyroxene: 4:57pm On May 04, 2016
Tirenioluwa:
I lost my job on April 29th, 2016 and the lesson I learnt is that when you no longer enjoy what you do, take the easy way out. The only thing I regret is that I was sacked before I had the courage to resign. And to think I pride myself with being the first to dump previous employers( about three of them ooo!). Enjoying my season movies for now...lol!
. Game of thrones?
Re: Oh My God! I Lost My Job! by Pyroxene: 5:00pm On May 04, 2016
Olushad:
Pls kindly assist me am in need of Job. I don't mind teaching either MATHEMATICS, ECONOMICS, COMMERCE, BUSINESS STUDY, ACCOUNTING.I will grateful if I can get one.
. The catch is get children around ur area. Probably around where u stay so as not to spend on Transport fare. So start with ur church or mosque.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Inland Revenue Recruiting? / Army Recruitment(aptitude Test For Dssc/ssc) / Sahara Group Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.