Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com (36601 Views)

Arsenal Vs Leicester City (4 - 3) On 11th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Leicester City (4 - 1) On 24th September 2016 / Iheanacho Is A Manchester City Star In Waiting - Goal.com. Scores Hat-trick. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Haryohdeji(m): 12:39am On May 03, 2016
alexistaiwo:

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/05/02/23027832/the-greatest-underdog-story-of-all-time-leicester-are-bloody
I trust Nigerian pastor, as from tomorrow now you will be hearing prayer Point of "God come and Leicester my life
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by rasazee(m): 12:42am On May 03, 2016
very humble man

4 Likes

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Justycxx(m): 12:50am On May 03, 2016
Obiwannn:
And to think that someone actually placed a 200
could of been celebrating wif them knowing u worth a million more
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:55am On May 03, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Yeeeeh, see this man, he called £80,000 just "mere" [/size]
No mind that guy.....pedro wey play everythig for barcelona, we form bad ass trio sometime with messi and villa (MVP squad) my guy no even see £80,000 collect per week.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Gebbson007(m): 12:56am On May 03, 2016
nurez305:
I just dey pity them for champion league.
Won maje iyalaya iya
I swear down .Dem go play barca self fr 1 cup title Lyk DAT Sha
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Gebbson007(m): 1:02am On May 03, 2016
very soon u go dey ear prayer point lyk
"ohhh lord my father every arsenal fc in ma life cm n change it 2 LEICESTER CITY ."
"church pray ,pray pray fr d spirit f verdy "

2 Likes

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:05am On May 03, 2016
sexaddict08:

that's an unintelligent question...they won the league, they will play champions league next season, no player will leave. they will even beg to stay...do u know what it means to play champions league
You cannot say for sure bruh. Transfer season is one hella of a period in football, shockers everywhere. Leicester will use this money to offset some debt, improve wages of players and staffs and still compete in the transfer market. If a club like madrid comes for vardy or Nkolo kante(that's been on their radar). Let's say with a bid of £40m, omo leicester city go grab am with both hands.

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:09am On May 03, 2016
Gebbson007:

I swear down .Dem go play barca self fr 1 cup title Lyk DAT Sha
Lool. Na die be that.......wetin leicester city do for epl, E NO FIT happen for la liga. For la liga e dey hard now make the whole TOP 3 (madrid,barca,atm) lose form at once! If one team jonze in la liga, na die.....na why I dey tell this epl boiz say epl na all marketing, the TOP TEAMS in EPL are not Really TOP. Atleast champios league dey prove me right! Na just marketing them get, Olenu bi
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by namuguibe(m): 1:12am On May 03, 2016
On behalf of all Nigerians abroad, I would like to congratulate Leicester City for a job well done indeed!

Accra,Ghana cool

2 Likes

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by banmee(m): 1:29am On May 03, 2016
Segadem:

Only poor people talk like that. A wealthy individual knows the value of eighty thousand pounds. Especially if you worked for it.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by MrLuGold(m): 1:35am On May 03, 2016
boring comment. stop seeking for attention.
sheunsheun:
Kudos
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by chukxie(m): 2:34am On May 03, 2016
5starmilitant:
What arsenal couldn't achieve in 12 years, Leicester did it in their second season from championship. cheesy cheesy

Weldone Hazard!!!

This got me laughing uncontrollably grin

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by ba7man(m): 2:44am On May 03, 2016
Now let's see if Leicester City can repeat this feat next season or they're just a flash in the pan.
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Nobody: 2:55am On May 03, 2016
Leicester have used the following XI on 13 occasions this season:

Albrighton, Drinkwater, Fuchs, Huth, Kante, Mahrez, Morgan, Okazaki, Schmeichel, Simpson, Vardy

No title winners have used as settled a side since 1993, when Manchester United named the same team o 17 occasions.
-BBC
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Checked86: 3:31am On May 03, 2016
Segadem:
don't mind that guy. He thinks it is naira.
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by omojeesu(m): 4:28am On May 03, 2016
alexistaiwo:

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/05/02/23027832/the-greatest-underdog-story-of-all-time-leicester-are-bloody

Believe it or not, almost everything in the world is
programmed by the 'god of this world', the 'prince of the power of the World', including and especially the entertainment industries - sports, music and all the 'woods' lead by Hollywood - to occupy and take our attention away from God and take us away into a Godless eternity.

The Leicester 'miracle' is a message from this god that he is setting up or has set up a New World Order that will at last usher in the one the beguiled world has been waiting for, the Beast that will come out of the abyss soon. Perhaps sooner than we think.

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by omojeesu(m): 4:32am On May 03, 2016
ba7man:
Now let's see if Leicester City can repeat this feat next season or they're just a flash in the pan.

They will if the god of soccer wants it so!

The god of soccer serves the god of this world, the prince of the power of the air.

Crazy? No, it's real!
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by omojeesu(m): 4:51am On May 03, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Some esoterics:
Fox, King's Power (in action), 11 consecutive goals, 36, 38, Hollywood, order, miracle, 5000 / 1 chance, rejected coach now reigns, disgraced champion, Chelsea used to crown the new champion ON ITS SOIL, etc, etc

Coincidences? That's what the god of soccer wants you to believe!
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Nobody: 5:46am On May 03, 2016
their goalkeeper is the son of manchester united Legend Peter Schmeichel (former captain and goalkeeper). talk about strong genes right there!
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Meesquared(m): 5:51am On May 03, 2016
what a great story
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by GreatEngineer(m): 6:02am On May 03, 2016
History repeating itself again, I said since that they will win league but some people keep on saying that they won't. Every 20yrs, a small and not too popular team wins league.
Kudos to them, a well deserved honour from their hard work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Dollaz: 6:14am On May 03, 2016
Well deserved.
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by kristisking(m): 6:16am On May 03, 2016
Impossibilities at times become possible. Who ever thought they could remain in the leaque let alone win it. Honstly it is a surprise.
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by bakynes(m): 6:23am On May 03, 2016
If Leicester have the the power to keep the three key players( Vardy, Mahrez and Kante) it will be better for them. They will be rewarded with abt 200 million pounds as winners. TV right- 100 million, champions league qualification- some millions dont know how much, league title price money btw 50-70 million pounds. Thats enough to keep those guys and buy a few more to compete next season.
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by irumanle(m): 6:28am On May 03, 2016
sexaddict08:

that's an unintelligent question...they won the league, they will play champions league next season, no player will leave. they will even beg to stay...do u know what it means to play champions league
Baba pls leave all these ITK's
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by son4century(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2016
slave to king
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by Segadem(m): 6:43am On May 03, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I wonder how much you understand football. It's basically business in case you don't know. Are you aware Jamie Vardy is on a mere[/b]£80,000 per week? And was signed for £1M

Now when a big club comes and offer him £150,000 a week with a transfer fee of £30M don't you think it's a win win for the club and player? The club will be willing to sell and Vardy will accept that wage
[b][size=14pt]Yeeeeh, see this man, he called £80,000 just "mere" [/size]
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by ichommy(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2016
danose99:
The only thing/person that can hinder you from actualizing your dream is YOU.

Gbam!
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by olisaEze(m): 6:57am On May 03, 2016
And that's why EPL remains the best soccer league in the world! Congrats to LCFC, they deserve it! LVG, Wenger una dey look so? tongue
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by kenkenny55(m): 7:04am On May 03, 2016
Well I hail leicester city for their heroic fight to premier league trophy.... Still LMAO when someone just said weldone hazard. Abeg Is hazard now playing for leicester city.... Chelsea is just a shameless club... Defending champion of last season game.... No champions league no europa league... And one person dey here dey praise hazard for qualising and finishing draw to stop spurs becos u re guys are in the same london.... That's a very shameful thing I swear....... One should look inwards of his problem not other person. Tho I thank chelshit for making leicester take the cup. Kudos to you guys I still hope una do the same thing for another club

1 Like

Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by sexaddict08(m): 7:06am On May 03, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

You cannot say for sure bruh. Transfer season is one hella of a period in football, shockers everywhere. Leicester will use this money to offset some debt, improve wages of players and staffs and still compete in the transfer market. If a club like madrid comes for vardy or Nkolo kante(that's been on their radar). Let's say with a bid of £40m, omo leicester city go grab am with both hands.

you're right...
Re: The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com by sexaddict08(m): 7:09am On May 03, 2016
kenkenny55:
Well I hail leicester city for their heroic fight to premier league trophy.... Still LMAO when someone just said weldone hazard. Abeg Is hazard now playing for leicester city.... Chelsea is just a shameless club... Defending champion of last season game.... No champions league no europa league... And one person dey here dey praise hazard for qualising and finishing draw to stop spurs becos u re guys are in the same london.... That's a very shameful thing I swear....... One should look inwards of his problem not other person. Tho I thank chelshit for making leicester take the cup. Kudos to you guys I still hope una do the same thing for another club

there's nothing shameful there. You're just an anti-Chelsea. If u hate someone anything they do will irritate u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 / Celta Vigo Vs Manchester United: Europa League (0 - 1) On 4th May 2017 / Chelsea Vs Norwich (1 - 0) On 14th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.