Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) (453 Views)

My Funny But Frightening Experience With SARS Operatives!!! / Husband Caught His Wife Red Handed Having Sex With Security Man (photos) / A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) by GERARD77: 2:37am On May 03, 2016
A NAIRA LANDERS NEEDS HELP (FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE WITH SECURITY SERVICES IN ABUJA)
I live in an Estate (Estate name withheld for now) on the airport road in Abuja.before now, I used to live in Kubwa but moved for need of better accommodation .Only to move into this estate with police post right inside the estate.One will commonly conclude this will provide better security but the reverse is the case.We had to pay gateman(N6000 per flat ) and still cajoled to pay as much as N2000 per flat ( for about 80 flats totaling N160,000) for night security by some men(names withheld for now ) who claimed to be security committee( most of this men civil servants). The pain is not just paying the money.But, paying some incompetent "night watch " that go into hiding when thieves come and won't come out till the police arrives( most times after the thieves have raided and gone).When asked were they where when robbery was going on they will boldly tell you they saw them( the armed robbers) come in but had to hide in uncompleted buildings and watch from there because the robbers had superior guns. NOW! I suggested to the security organizers/ committee to change this persons but they slippery made excuses for them( rather requesting fellow tenants to come out and raise alarm in such incidence).for my gate man ,who will wash my car and other cars of fellow tenants , Open the gate , clean the Compound , run errands , watch over the house when I am at work and get seriously beaten when thieves come at night because they over powered him , I think his pay is justified.
FOR THE VIGILANTE " NIGHT WATCH " who will hide! when the primary purpose is to ward off thieves when thieves arrive on the excuse that their guns are more sophisticated it WORRIES ME?
Could they not be the ones arranging the thieves?
why is the security committee shielding them from being changed?
Where I lived in Kubwa we were guarded by OPC vigilante (with just cutlasses) and each flat levied N500 yet they chased thieves.
I didn't sign any document with this security committee yet , they insist I can't withdraw from participating in payment for services not provided.Do they have such rights to compel me to pay?
I discovered the vigilante boys( 7)are paid N11000 only (while more than N160,000 is collected each month) , when I asked what happens to the rest , the committee claimed giving police/ DPO N6000 to N10,000 every other week when they come around .what money is this for?
I have stopped paying ,now they barricade the roads in the morning hindering me and other unsatisfied persons from going about their legitimate duties (going to work) .please does anyone have the right to demand security levy from you if its not mutually agreed on?
In the face of the bad economy today, Don't I have a right to stop paying for what I don't need?
If this can happen in the heart of the Federal capital Territory(FCT) and this men boast of having the consent of the DPO, what will happen in small towns?
HOW CAN I ESCALATE THIS ISSUE TO THE POLICE COMMISSIONER OR EVEN THE IGP Solomon Arase?
As a citizen of Nigeria, A civil servant who pays task,with which the police is funded am I expected to be levied security fee by force even when they hide in an even of robber attack?
Re: A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) by delishpot: 4:38am On May 03, 2016
Call a meeting of all those against these security men. You all should go make a statement to the police and follow it up from there
Re: A Naira Landers Needs Help (frustrating Experience With Security Services...) by hedonistic: 1:39pm On May 03, 2016
Is it one of those estates around Lokogoma?

(1) (Reply)

Uncovered Fraud / Herdsmen Only Kill In Self -defence – Miyetti Allah / Court Sentences 2 To Death By Hanging For Kidnapping In Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.