Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Glo Interview For 2pm Today - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Glo Interview For 2pm Today (7647 Views)

Very Urgent,just Received Invite From Glo ,interview Slated For September 11 / Glo Interview-24/03/10 / Glo Interview On 18/8 4 Technical Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 9:33am On Aug 11, 2009
I have been called for an interview for 2pm in their saka tinubu office
pls house what should i expect.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Hymo(f): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2009
Pls hw did u apply nd wat position coz i submitd my cv last mth but vnt gotten any call,when did dy cal u is it in batchs.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2009
I cant really remember when, but i am sure its a customer service position.
please do you have any idea of what i should expect?

thanks alot
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Rebarobyn: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2009
I have never been to a glo interview but typical questions most corporate organisations ask entry level staff include:

tell us about yourself- you'll do a brief summary of your background, education, work experience, personal aspirations and goals (this question is mostly to test your eloquence, your composure and ability to stay on track and not digress from the question, it is generally to look at the way you talk and comport yourself. However, they may ask further questions on things you've said at this stage that interests them)

why do you want to with this organisation (glo)- is it the fact that it is a prestigious world class org., it is a challenging place to work, here you have an opportunity to praise glo as an org, but don't over-do it, you'll appear like a sycophant.

how do you think you can add value to us?---here you have to sell yourself, I am a broad minded person, I have the ability to see the bigger picture, I am a very fast learner and I easily adapt to change and this is what orgs. need in these days of fast changing economies and businesses etc.---pls know what you are saying o, don't shoot yourself in the foot!

have you ever had to work in a team, tell us about your role and achievements in the team?---make sure you focus on the team, don't blow your own trumpets, you will appear like you are not a team player. just say what your team achieved and how you contributed!

they can also ask you about the project you did in University?----an overview and what your results were ----they want to know if you bought your way through university.

They can ask you very personal questions about your family (which in most cases is to probe your sense of responsibility)? make them believe you love your family and they've been very supportive of you.

If you've worked before, they'll definitely ask you about where you've worked and what job tasks you performed there and your achievements, awards etc?, don't lie about what you've not achieved, be truthful

they'll also ask you why you left your former employer? the first rule - never bad-mouth your former employer!, you can say the job is not as challenging as you thought it would be, say you want to work in a place where you'll grow in knowledge, intellectually and career wise.

Finally they'll ask you--do you have any questions for us? I'd advise you not to say no, ask intelligent questions like---if you get employed, will glo at some point allow you to further your studies?? or you can ask about a new propaganda of glo and how the company intends to retain and attract new customers. but if you aren't confident of asking a question, don't bother!

I hope this helps, all the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 11:03am On Aug 11, 2009
People has anybody been called for same interview today?
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2009
@ribarobyn , thanks alot will get back to you after the interview
please pray along with me.

God bless you
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2009
Thanks the interview was ok, but was done in pure HAUSA,

thx to God for everything.
Hope to hear from them soon.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by nich(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
bumzy4u:

Thanks the interview was ok, but was done in pure HAUSA,

thx to God for everything.
Hope to hear from them soon.

congrats in advance! 'good to know all went well. 'just curious. why pure hausa? you're obviously extra-fluent in written & spoken hausa. cheesy
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by agabaI23(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pure hausa?
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by alfchye(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
Wahala dey oh
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by ayobase(m): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Wishing u all the best!
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Morizo(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2009
May be she will be posted to Kaura Namoda
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by MyPeace(f): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
all the best.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by dfanthom(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
congrats young blud!
wishing you all the best!!

am sure you can be rest assured of your place in Customer care as fewer persons will apply for same portfolio.
cherrs anyway & congrats in advance. grin
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by mamagee6(f): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
Expect to Glo with pride. grin grin
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by MSY: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by toluh(f): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I have never been to a glo interview but typical questions most corporate organisations ask entry level staff include:

tell us about yourself- you'll do a brief summary of your background, education, work experience, personal aspirations and goals (this question is mostly to test your eloquence, your composure and ability to stay on track and not digress from the question, it is generally to look at the way you talk and comport yourself. However, they may ask further questions on things you've said at this stage that interests them)

why do you want to with this organisation (glo)- is it the fact that it is a prestigious world class org., it is a challenging place to work, here you have an opportunity to praise glo as an org, but don't over-do it, you'll appear like a sycophant.

how do you think you can add value to us?---here you have to sell yourself, I am a broad minded person, I have the ability to see the bigger picture, I am a very fast learner and I easily adapt to change and this is what orgs. need in these days of fast changing economies and businesses etc.---pls know what you are saying o, don't shoot yourself in the foot!

have you ever had to work in a team, tell us about your role and achievements in the team?---make sure you focus on the team, don't blow your own trumpets, you will appear like you are not a team player. just say what your team achieved and how you contributed!

they can also ask you about the project you did in University?----an overview and what your results were ----they want to know if you bought your way through university.

They can ask you very personal questions about your family (which in most cases is to probe your sense of responsibility)? make them believe you love your family and they've been very supportive of you.

If you've worked before, they'll definitely ask you about where you've worked and what job tasks you performed there and your achievements, awards etc?, don't lie about what you've not achieved, be truthful

they'll also ask you why you left your former employer? the first rule - never bad-mouth your former employer!, you can say the job is not as challenging as you thought it would be, say you want to work in a place where you'll grow in knowledge, intellectually and career wise.

Finally they'll ask you--do you have any questions for us? I'd advise you not to say no, ask intelligent questions like---if you get employed, will glo at some point allow you to further your studies?? or you can ask about a new propaganda of glo and how the company intends to retain and attract new customers. but if you aren't confident of asking a question, don't bother!

I hope this helps, all the best!

Nice one
@poster congrats
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by breathless(m): 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
This might sound shocking, but its d truth. Don't go there 4 any offer if u want 2 build a career 4 urself. That place is a career killer. In case u dont know people are struggling 2 leave. if u doubt me, come back 2 dis forum n tell us your experience n confirm if it is wat u 'll expect of an organisation of dat magnitude. if its customer service, u'll end up in d call centre picking calls from deluded customers, if na sales, ahh, just buy ur "coffin". markerting, b ready 2 while away ur time gisting. i can go on.
However, if its ur 1st job, take n move on after 1yr if ur sanity is still intact. anything longer dat, u r diminishing. kapish?
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by omooloye1(f): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2009
breathless:

This might sound shocking, but its d truth. Don't go there 4 any offer if u want 2 build a career 4 urself. That place is a career killer. In case u dont know people are struggling 2 leave. if u doubt me, come back 2 dis forum n tell us your experience n confirm if it is wat u 'll expect of an organisation of dat magnitude. if its customer service, u'll end up in d call centre picking calls from deluded customers, if na sales, ahh, just buy ur "coffin". markerting, b ready 2 while away ur time gisting. i can go on.
However, if its ur 1st job, take n move on after 1yr if ur sanity is still intact. anything longer dat, u r diminishing. kapish?

Na wa for you o. What can I call this? encouragement or discouragement

Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by agabaI23(m): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2009
breathless:

I can see why you could not build your career there. You call customers deluded? You have a long way to go!
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Dammyray(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2009
I wish you the best of lucks,
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by topkin(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2009
You were interviewed in Hausa, That's b/cos, peradventure u r take, u will be drafted to Hausa Unit of the Call Centre. U go pick call tire!
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Dammyray(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2009
You be oniranu grin grin grin shocked shocked, tell us where u work and your acheivment's , Ode

Mr breathless see yourself

Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Dammyray(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2009
@poster if you dey hear tinrinrin tanranran no fiar oo na watin u go take make am be that

Best of lucks
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by ud4u: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2009
Congratulations my dear, don't be discouraged.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by b0y(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2009
I don't know why people refuse to hear the truth.Truth be told, glo will drain the living bejesus out of you.Believe me i have a sister who worked there b4 moving to mtn.Those people are bleeping slave drivers.Customer Care and Sales departments are synonymous with HELL.Beware!
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by timmy7(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2009
Mr breathless boy,atleast u 4 wait make them drain u first b4 u testify,u hear smiley
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by bumzy4u: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2009
To everyone that contributed to this,
thanks alot God bless you all.

The interview is for Hausa call center in lagos.

Globacom is still better than some organization.

lets keep our fingers crossed.

God will make a better way for us all.

Thank to all once again.
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by Pittbaby(f): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
Oga someone interviewed for job and some bad belles are already telling the persoh no to accept job offer. Naija people sha , I know a few people who have used Glo has a stepping stone to bigger things

Poster good luck jare
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by ndelta1(m): 2:52am On Aug 14, 2009
@ Poster , LET THEM SAY,

Na dem sabi, You Just Thank God for it is Doe already
Re: Glo Interview For 2pm Today by ashaby(f): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2009
best of luck girl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Personality Test/interview At Chicken Republic -what Should I Expect? / All UN, AU, ECOWAS Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / A New Company Is Recruiting - Closing Date:30th Oct.,2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.