Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES (33979 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / Billionaire Femi Otedola Spotted In A Molue. / Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Chazzyboy: 10:11pm On May 03, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
Olodumare ooooo... Owo wogbo.. E joor e gbe doctor wa kawo blood pressure baba o
hi
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 03, 2016
People read but don't comprehend. In a nutshell, the guy is in the process of getting richer. He knows what he is doing. I'm sure he is even the one mopping up the bonus shares below 200naira. After the mopping up the share could hit 400naira and his net worth would be reviewed

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by searchng4love: 10:17pm On May 03, 2016
Keneking:
The guy just divested perhaps refunding our missing "yams". undecided
How's your masquerade job going? Lai Mohammed is quite intelligent.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by chibazzy1: 10:34pm On May 03, 2016
Decibel:
Arthur Eze will be laughing right now grin

WHY?
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by focus7: 10:43pm On May 03, 2016
No more scam business. This is when you distinguished between real business men and those that plays through the back doors.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by omoadeleye(m): 10:44pm On May 03, 2016
Wow... $400million shocked me that just mistakenly lost 2k today, i dont know maybe i should be giving myself hope or something else, lolz. Dont knw how tomao gon be... But your money is too much baba, may God replenish your loss sir.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Wizzyblack3(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
Pidggin:
Eyah, I am sure he voted for Buhari going by his tribe
They all contributed to raise the campaign fund. They all seek for CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by mmsen: 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
This man has lost and gained fortunes before - he'll be fine in the long term.

I'm sure he'd be better off they'd pass the PIB.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by ibraheemlamar(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
I dont knwhow you feel ryt nw mehn n I dnt care to know...i just love dat ur daughter cuppy
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by pamcode(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2016
He will regain it in a day no worry
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by ApexTitan(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2016
Zoharariel:
A very welcomed development, afterall he has stolen much more than that from the FG in the name of subsidy for petroleum products he rarely supplied.

In 2009, the FG paid 291Billion Naira as subsidy for petroleum products. By 2011, the number sky-rocketed to 2.7Trillion Naira. Did we start consuming ten times as much petrol? or was our population multiplied by 10?

The bastards produce pieces of paper which they take to the Nigerian Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) to claim subsidy payments with the active connivance & support of officers/officials of the PPPRA who then stamp these fictitious pieces of paper - stating, for example, that 50,000Metric Tonnes of petroleum products were brought into the Country, whereas, the claim is false.

This is how saboteurs like Femi Otedola (Forte Oil), MRS, OANDO, CAPital Oil have been short-changing Nigeria and making the masses suffer.

Hence, the reason Kachikwu recently announced that NNPC may emerge sole importer of petroleum products. I wish his wealth would even shrink to 400,000Naira. - Omo Ale Jati-Jati!

Here you are wrongly assuming that everyone involved in the petroleum downstream sector is a fraudster and I'm sure if you are asked to provide evidence for this blanket accusation nothing concrete or reasonable will be provided. It just has to everyone in the business that is a criminal, that's the way beer parlour logic works right?

Not to hold brief for Otedola but this depreciation of his wealth is only temporal and it's expected to rise in the future, didn't you read that part of the article?
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by IAmshandy(m): 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
Destined2win:
I ask again, 'what is buhari's economic policy'?

His economic team is as weak as an impotent pen!s angry

*modified*

On a lighter note, I just read a thread where Lai Mohammed was advocating creating jobs for 1000 youths through wearing masquerade while their children secretly take up jobs at CBN. cheesy cheesy. I don laugh tire.

This is indeed a government of masquerades for the masquerades and by the masquerades. The question is,'are you a masquerade'?
lol abeg make una answer this guy..
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by playboy19(m): 11:57pm On May 03, 2016
WriteBoy:
This dude did not lose money. Shareholders sold of their bonus shares, institutional investors bought them up. From what I understand, a good portion of investors cashed in their chips which caused the share price to fluctuate.

Femi is still the biggest winner here, he issued 216 million shares—and got for himself 170 million of those shares, leaving for the other share holders a measly 46 million. Two things: He further consolidated his majority shareholding position and kept money in his pocket. Wise guy.

I tell you there are too many poor souls in Naija. They know nothing about business. They are here jumping for joy thinking Otedola lost money, while this is a good move from him. As a matter of fact, he's just made himself richer cos I can tell you that before any institutional investor pick up those shares, he'd pick them himself for cheap and wait patiently for when they rise again. They all do it. It's a game of the rich all over the world. Why is it too difficult for all these kids to understand simple business. Sigh!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by playboy19(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2016
Logician:
People read but don't comprehend. In a nutshell, the guy is in the process of getting richer. He knows what he is doing. I'm sure he is even the one mopping up the bonus shares below 200naira. After the mopping up the share could hit 400naira and his net worth would be reviewed

If I'd seen ur post before now I wouldn't have bothered replying all this poor fuckks.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by ghands(m): 12:15am On May 04, 2016
You will bounce back stronger than ever in Jesus name. May God restore all that the locusts and cankerworms has eaten. See you at the top.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Nobody: 12:27am On May 04, 2016
playboy19:

I tell you there are too many poor souls in Naija. They know nothing about business. They are here jumping for joy thinking Otedola lost money, while this is a good move from him. As a matter of fact, he's just made himself richer cos I can tell you that before any institutional investor pick up those shares, he'd pick them himself for cheap and wait patiently for when they rise again. They all do it. It's a game of the rich all over the world. Why is it too difficult for all these kids to understand simple business. Sigh!

My bro, I am not trying to denigrate anyone, but seriously, this generation of young people lack critical reasoning skills. You don't have to look hard to see it in display, they use every opportunity to show the world how shallow they are. So much for leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Deepfreezer(m): 1:22am On May 04, 2016
as at Febuary 2015 his company hit all time high success and growth. fast forward today. $400million lost and investors/ share holders are scared. everybody now want to pocket their money all because one incompetent Nigerian is in power. shame to zombies.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by GenOrumov: 1:55am On May 04, 2016
WriteBoy:

My bro, I am not trying to denigrate anyone, but seriously, this generation of young people lack critical reasoning skills. You don't have to look hard to see it in display, they use every opportunity to show the world how shallow they are. So much for leaders of tomorrow.
Its exasperating reading these kids ignorant comments. Because they are getting likes (obviously from other ignoramus like them) they think they have made sense. Unfortunately, they know nothing about the dynamics of making money and the money market/stock market in general.

Well its quite understandable why they reason like that but I hope they grow up quickly to understand the art of making money and also to have the right mentality so as to be ready to take their place as the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Menakay(m): 2:38am On May 04, 2016
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by zonax(m): 2:47am On May 04, 2016
The comments here though.
Every .....can attest that he (Otedola ) is just been a wise businessman and investor. Investors selling out of panic, baba Otedola buying calmly (certainly using others) which he will resell to those same people at even higher share prices when they get over their frenzy (cashing in), increasing his portfolio and creating even greater wealth.

Only few will understand.
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by zonax(m): 2:54am On May 04, 2016
WriteBoy:
This dude did not lose money. Shareholders sold of their bonus shares, institutional investors bought them up. From what I understand, a good portion of investors cashed in their chips which caused the share price to fluctuate.

Femi is still the biggest winner here, he issued 216 million shares—and got for himself 170 million of those shares, leaving for the other share holders a measly 46 million. Two things: He further consolidated his majority shareholding position and kept money in his pocket. Wise guy.
Home run!
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by DedeNkem: 3:38am On May 04, 2016
He will do one or two illegal businesses with corrupt Nigerian politicians to recoup more than the $400 million he lost.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by playtheblues(f): 6:40am On May 04, 2016
It's time for Buhari to go. He has overstayed his welcome.

Any objection?
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by Sirpaul(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2016
chai!... na wa oooo
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by GirlAfrik(f): 9:40am On May 04, 2016
madridguy:
ok
this man too find
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by GirlAfrik(f): 9:41am On May 04, 2016
madridguy:
ok
this man too fine joor
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by pseudonomer: 9:47am On May 04, 2016
Destined2win:
I ask again, 'what is buhari's economic policy'?

His economic team is as weak as an impotent pen!s angry

*modified*

On a lighter note, I just read a thread where Lai Mohammed was advocating creating jobs for 1000 youths through wearing masquerade while their children secretly take up jobs at CBN. cheesy cheesy. I don laugh tire.

This is indeed a government of masquerades for the masquerades and by the masquerades. The question is,'are you a masquerade'?

Two things are involved for this your public stupidity:

1. You didn't read the article
2. Your comprehension skill is 0.000001
Re: Femi Otedola Loses $400Million In 9 Weeks - FORBES by davidque007(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2016
Why is everyone shouting that he has lost plenty money as if he has become broke. the guy is still worth $1.2 billion dollars and he can easily gain that money back in the same way he lost it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Vehicles Destroyed In Lagos Airport Hotel Carpark Fire / Which Nigeria Bank Has The Worst Customers Service? / "Obama Features In Advert For Lagos Restaurant". Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.