Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / . (1166 Views)

Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion / Common Misconceptions About Islam / Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by factsdigger: 7:48pm On May 03, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 04, 2016
You should have posted it in culture section.

I read the first paragraph.

Your Kanuri etymology is interesting.

Oduduwa did not come from having good character.

Odu is a vessel

Da is to create

Iwa is existence/being

Odu da Iwa - Oduduwa is/was called so because he is believed to have created the earth, trees, rocks on the flipside of Ife history he created Ife and its being - politically & geographically.

It has nothing to do with character.

Macof abeg show here.

Be back.
Re: . by factsdigger: 2:54pm On May 04, 2016
Alafia o,infact the Obatala worshippers circumbulation i saw on youtube is made sense than the one in makkah,though just few people in attendant,how wont it be few when they have successfully brainwashed them.
9jacrip:
You should have posted it in culture section.

I read the first paragraph.

Your Kanuri etymology is interesting.

Oduduwa did not come from having good character.

Odu is a vessel

Da is to create

Iwa is existence/being

Odu da Iwa - Oduduwa is/was called so because he is believed to have created the earth, trees, rocks on the flipside of Ife history he created Ife and its being - politically & geographically.

It has nothing to do with character.

Macof abeg show here.

Be back.
Re: . by macof(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2016
Na wa o.

so are you saying Oduduwa is Mohammed?
Re: . by factsdigger: 4:38pm On May 04, 2016
Mr Macof i believe this secret been on since inception,but deliberately shut,dunno why,in the bible they confused awon agbagba merindinlogun to be falling angels from the devil,what about that?these 16elders were the ones that wore loin clothes first,atleast that i know of,i mean the hajj seamless loin cloth,the thing is when its time for truth to manifest it will surely,there was an Alfa that briefed on how he saw IFA in the Quran,you need to see the way they labelled him and tagged him,they infact told him to redeclare his testimony of faith,maybe they could have killed him God knows,sheihk allover nigeria were warning him to stop,its really sad.
macof:
Na wa o.

so are you saying Oduduwa is Mohammed?
Re: . by macof(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2016
factsdigger:
Mr Macof i believe this secret been on since inception,but deliberately shut,dunno why,in the bible they confused awon agbagba merindinlogun to be falling angels from the devil,what about that?these 16elders were the ones that wore loin clothes first,atleast that i know of,i mean the hajj seamless loin cloth,the thing is when its time for truth to manifest it will surely,there was an Alfa that briefed on how he saw IFA in the Quran,you need to see the way they labelled him and tagged him,they infact told him to redeclare his testimony of faith,maybe they could have killed him God knows,sheihk allover nigeria were warning him to stop,its really sad.

waoh! sir don't ridicule yourself like this. ..

lemme sum it all up for you. ... Ifa is a Yoruba thing, although our non yoruba neighbors like Edo, Igbo, Fon, Ewe have less popular Ifa-like style of divination and knowledge keeping. You cannot find any historic connection between Ifa and Quran or Bible. .. no way.

so just stop it
Re: . by factsdigger: 7:00pm On May 04, 2016
Ridicule myself,no am not, i am sure of what i wrote,and beside how vast are you in reading Odu?i mean for you not to have heard of 16Elders sent down by Olodumare for some task in which 15 of them all sinned while they reached earth,in which it was only ORUNMILLA that obeys instructions given them,they all died and only Orunmilla survived?you write as if you are ignorant,but i did think you got some basic knowledge before,this exact thing group of people were told in the bible and they labelled them angels that fell with satan because they rebel against God in heaven,i am trying to point out that they tried all best to give bad//evil interpretations to events of the past so people dnt know their root or so they can despise thier root,and are you that ignorant to not have known that many events that happened in the old testaments are from Yoruba race given,but given different names,all the ritual they do at the temple,everything,or now i want to ask you how the twelve tribes of isreal got their lands/territories shared if not by casting IFA?you seems not to know manythings.I gave evidences in the Quran yet you are belittleing me as if i dnt know what i wrote.besides,i am not the first to have said this,others have said it,and i dnt even know them to have gotten info from them,the Alfa was one of them i wont mention his name for security sake. na
macof:

waoh! sir don't ridicule yourself like this. ..

lemme sum it all up for you. ... Ifa is a Yoruba thing, although our non yoruba neighbors like Edo, Igbo, Fon, Ewe have less popular Ifa-like style of divination and knowledge keeping. You cannot find any historic connection between Ifa and Quran or Bible. .. no way.

so just stop it
Re: . by Sormeh: 9:29am On May 08, 2016
@ factdigger I am not well versed in the Quranic recitation/or scriptural interpretation though, my mind is open to quest for knowledge. I referred to all the verses you quoted above and I must let you know that you may have interpreted them according to the mindset with which you approached the scripture.

For example, the word wisdom as used variously in the given verses is not meant to refer to any apostle (in whatever definition), rather it denotes logically accepted ways of doing things. Same thing applies to the word "honour" you referred to.

So, if you must bring a topic of this nature to the fore, I encourage you to research more and lay irrefutable evidences to support your points.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:32am On May 08, 2016
Hmm let me read and analyse this first.
Re: . by Leiman100(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2016
This is tottally off key, the Quran is very clear about issues, it specifically mention Arab and Arabia it mention Mecca (Bakka) not Ife,it mention Muhammad and Ahmad not Oduduwa. Please Moderators take note and stop allowing heretical posts here.
Re: . by factsdigger: 3:51pm On May 20, 2016
Lorgical ways you said?ridiculous,muslims dnt accept logic,they only follow Quran and Sunnah(hadith)also known as touch and follow,also known as open your brain let me wash it clean.this hadith are the ways of the prophet,words of him right?then what did the prophet himself used as he too is among the muslims infact he is first to be ordered to use it?shay he used himself ni?he was ordered to use something called wisdom and Ifa is called wisdom,infact thats what it is.Abraham was given same wisdom eventhough theres no knowm kitab i know of Abrham,hence he was called Anifa,many of hanifs included,moses and Jesus too were given this wisdom to use with their respective kitab,shay na logic it is right?when muslims dnt even use logic,infact you are labelled if you use logic,now as you said if this wisdom is not refering to any apostle that means theres no point muslims saying it to mean hadith,they ignorantly says quran and hadith,how can a man place hadith,imagine hadith written by mere mortal,full of messy contraditions over the undiluted verses of Olodumare the Supreme?indeed muslims are lost.
that
Sormeh:
@ factdigger I am not well versed in the Quranic recitation/or scriptural interpretation though, my mind is open to quest for knowledge. I referred to all the verses you quoted above and I must let you know that you may have interpreted them according to the mindset with which you approached the scripture.

For example, the word wisdom as used variously in the given verses is not meant to refer to any apostle (in whatever definition), rather it denotes logically accepted ways of doing things. Same thing applies to the word "honour" you referred to.

So, if you must bring a topic of this nature to the fore, I encourage you to research more and lay irrefutable evidences to support your points.
Re: . by factsdigger: 3:56pm On May 20, 2016
Mecca is not bacca and bacca is not mecca,God is not one who confuse believers.
Leiman100:
This is tottally off key, the Quran is very clear about issues, it specifically mention Arab and Arabia it mention Mecca (Bakka) not Ife,it mention Muhammad and Ahmad not Oduduwa. Please Moderators take note and stop allowing heretical posts here.
Re: . by Leiman100(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2016
factsdigger:
Mecca is not bacca and bacca is not mecca,God is not one who confuse believers.
ok sir Bacca is Ile Ife thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I??? / Did You Know? / Olanajim Am Sorry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.